PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass casters

Crake
2014-10-12, 04:26 PM
So I've been thinking, for casters, is a single level in either wizard, cleric or druid actually a really good option? You practically get the entire class list opened up to you, with no loss on spells/day. You lose out a single prepared spell on your main class, and delay class features by a level, but in return, you get abilitymod+1 prepared spells of the other class, and access to the entire list. Or am I missing something?

Ferrin33
2014-10-12, 04:38 PM
So I've been thinking, for casters, is a single level in either wizard, cleric or druid actually a really good option? You practically get the entire class list opened up to you, with no loss on spells/day. You lose out a single prepared spell on your main class, and delay class features by a level, but in return, you get abilitymod+1 prepared spells of the other class, and access to the entire list. Or am I missing something?

You prepare or choose spells known as a single-classed character, so a wizard1/cleric19 would prepare 19+wis mod cleric spells of level 1-9, and 1+int mod wizard spells of level 1.

Crake
2014-10-12, 04:41 PM
Ah, ok, I guess that makes things easier then

infinitetech
2014-10-13, 02:44 AM
just wait for there to be an epic feat though, (20 lvl of each caster + feats = the real god of magic)

Ashrym
2014-10-13, 02:55 AM

If you make a cleric 1 / wizard 19 you add armor proficiency and access to first level cleric spells among other things. This includes cure wounds, and the way multi-classing works you might prepare spells separately but you could, for example, cast cure wounds on yourself or someone else in a 6th level slot. It's an easy way to grab heavy armor and some healing without much opportunity cost.