PDA

View Full Version : Odd skill question

Azoth
2014-10-13, 03:04 AM
So book diving and google fu have failed me. I turn to the members of the forum to answer what should be a simple question.

Can you make a tumble check to avoid provoking AoOs while moving via a jump check?

To further extrapolate, say a character is jumping through the threatend squares of an enemy(ies) can he make a tumble check to avoid the attacks of opportunity this would normally generate?

I know that tumble checks can allow one to avoid.AoOs, tumble checks take no action as they are a part of movement, and jumping is considered a form of movement. This leads me to think that one can indeed make a tumble check to avoid the AoOs that movement by jumping can cause, but I was wondering is there is any RAW to back it up?

OldTrees1
2014-10-13, 03:15 AM
Yes, you can make a tumble check to avoid AoO while making a jump check in the middle of balance checks to charge over terrain. Less complicated situations are also allowed.

RAW is located in the Rules Compendium. Especially look at the "X during a charge" sections.

Edit:
Example description of the above.
Gronk the Orc Monk is charging over some lightly packed gravel. He leaps over the 3ft tall breastwork while twisting to prevent openings for the 2 Gnome guards. Gronk finally concludes his charge with a well placed blow to the Gnome priest.

Azoth
2014-10-13, 05:39 AM
Thanks. I must have missed it when book diving.