PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing arrows?

RogueWizard
2014-10-13, 08:43 AM
I'm currently rolling a ranged assassin-like spellthief (adapted for pathfinder) in a campaign I'm playing. I had the idea to take someone out with invisible arrows a while back to keep the source of the attack unknown, but I'm also trying to figure out a way to get rid of the evidence afterwards magically.

I know returning enchantments only work on thrown weapons, but are there any spells that could either return my arrows to me or destroy my arrows not long after striking my opponent? It doesn't need to be immediate, but I would prefer enemies who examine the corpse not to find invisible arrows sticking out of the target.

Fouredged Sword
2014-10-13, 09:12 AM
If your DM is good with porting over 3.5 then permanency invisibility applied to Raptor arrows work if you are high enough level and worship the appropriate god. They return to your quiver after being fired. They would also be invisible, so no following the arc back to locate your hiding spot.

Rubik
2014-10-13, 09:21 AM
There's nothing preventing you from throwing an arrow. If that's not good enough, add the throwing property?

But if you're going with raptor arrows, make sure to add the splitting property, as well.

Milo v3
2014-10-13, 09:25 AM
Here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/gear/weaponSpecialAbilities.html#phantom-ammunition). The weapon special ability for disappearing ammunition.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-10-13, 10:21 AM
Wouldn't Hank's Energy Bow or a bow with the Force special property have the ammunition disappear after by default? Otherwise, you could stockpile a bunch of objects made of pure force (ie, same issue w/ RAW literal reading of orb of force spell). That could be one way, and those are an excellent bow/property in their own rights.

Or the Raptor Arrow idea, so it just plain returns back to you.

lytokk
2014-10-13, 11:22 AM
There's always Soulknife/Bow. I think they're separate classes in pathfinder, or at least two different progressions. I think the arrows only stick around for a round after fired.

RogueWizard
2014-10-13, 12:10 PM
Milo found exactly what I was looking for, but thank you all!