PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Surprise Chult Trip

DireSickFish
2014-10-13, 10:20 AM
So I am running a campaign in Forgotten Realms and my players really surprised me last session. We have been running with rotating DM's and players because we run a large group and have 2 games going on at the same time. Because of this we've had the odd setup where the DM's will just give the player an adventure hook or a job at the start of each session for the players to complete. This last session was different.

I've been running a Yuan-Ti slaver campaign in the background of other quests and sometimes as the focus. This last adventure was to root out the final group of slavers holed up in 3.5 lore Muran which is an oger controlled city. They beat up my encounters and I had a big bad Lizardlfok that nearly killed the party drop some exposition before the fight. His master Surkesh would kill them all and destroy the elves mwahaha we're evil sort of thing.

The players also took out a ship controlled by the slavers at the end of the session. Deciding they needed more information (as the slaves had been coming from Chult) they decided to head off to track them down. I'm super excited that my players have taken the initiative but this also means the next 3 adventures I had prepped are out the window. I was going to force them into a situation where they had to take down the orginization but now it looks like I wont have to.

Since they are seeking information I'll have an NPC and/or some documents that tell the party Sarkesh is considered a prophet because he was gifted a water orb that descended from the skys. He's building a Mayan style temple to it and using it to bolster his army of lizardfolk/Yuan-Ti. I'm just at a bit of a loss about what kind of interesting features/obstacles I should use for the adventure. They seem interested in dinosaurs so I'll try and throw them in. Any ideas for an investigation in Chult when the party has there own ship? Local Hazards? Ways to keep it from being more than just "go there, kill things, find information"?