PDA

View Full Version : Need Build Help within Three Hours (Pathfinder)

Hangwind
2014-10-13, 12:19 PM
Okay, I need to make a Black Dragon Wyrmling Summoner build that retains a "draconic" feel within three hours. I was thinking making the Eidolon a Slugger or Tank to make it a mounted (dragon) knight. I would like help on making it able to ride my character effectively and optimizing my feat/skill build for dual work. Oh, and I get to gesalt the first four levels/hit dice.

Hand_of_Vecna
2014-10-13, 12:23 PM
Okay, I need to make a Black Dragon Wyrmling Summoner build that retains a "draconic" feel within three hours. I was thinking making the Eidolon a Slugger or Tank to make it a mounted (dragon) knight. I would like help on making it able to ride my character effectively and optimizing my feat/skill build for dual work. Oh, and I get to gesalt the first four levels/hit dice.

Ok you need to provide some more info.

To clarify are you playing a black dragon that is a summoner or a summoner that summons a black dragon?

What level total character level, you only said the first four levels are Gestalt.

What area do you primarily need help with? Do you just need to be told take evolutions X, Y and Z?

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-13, 12:33 PM
Well, here's stats for a dragon Eidolon at 1st, 5th, and 10th levels, copypasted from this guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?184592-3-P-The-Summoner-s-Handbook-A-Guide-to-the-Pathfinder-Summoner):
1st-level:
<Mounted (a.k.a. Dragon in-training>
Form: <quadruped>
AC: 14 (10 Base, +2 NA, +2 Dex)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40’
Ability Scores: <Str 16 Dex 14 Con 13 Int 7 Wis 10 Cha 11>
Skills: Acrobatics +6, Fly +6, Stealth +6, Perception +4,
Feats: Power Attack (1st)
Evolutions (base): Bite, Limbs(legs)x2
Evolutions (extra): Ability Increase(Str)(2), Mount(1)
Attack Routine: Bite +3 (1d6+5)
Notes: With a Human with MWP(Lance) and Mounted Combat and Enlarge Person on the Eidolon.

5th level:
<Mounted (a.k.a. Dragon in-training> (5th Level)
AC: 19 (10 Base, +2 NA, +4 AB, +3 Dex)
Initiative: +3
Ability Scores: <Str 19 Dex 16 Con 13 Int 7 Wis 10 Cha 11>
Skills: Acrobatics +10, Fly +14, Stealth +10, Perception +7,
Feats: Power Attack (1st), Flyby Attack (3rd)
Evolutions (extra): Ability Increase(Strength)(2), Bite(1), Claws(1), Mount(1), Flight(2), Pounce(1)
Attack Routine: Bite +6 (1d6+12), 2 claws +6 (1d4+4)
Notes: Human will now have Ride-by Attack.

10th level:
<Mounted (a.k.a. Dragon in-training> (10th Level)
AC: 25 (10 Base, +2 NA, +8 AB, +3 Dex, +2 NA(Large), +1 Dodge, -1 Size)
Initiative: +3
Ability Scores: <Str 28 Dex 16 Con 17 Int 7 Wis 10 Cha 11>
Skills: Acrobatics +14, Fly +14, Stealth +14, Perception +11,
Feats: Power Attack (1st), Flyby Attack (3rd), Dodge
Evolutions (extra): Bite(1), Claws(1), Energy Attacks(2) Large(4), Mount(1), Flight(2), Pounce(1), Tail(1), Tail Slap(1)
Attack Routine: Bite +13 (1d8+1d6+22), 2 claws +13 (1d6+1d6+15), and Tail Slap +11(1d8+1d6+7)
Notes: Human will now have Spirited Charge.

Hangwind
2014-10-13, 12:34 PM
A Black Dragon that is a summoner. We are starting at level four and going from there-single levels only. And he wants an overview at least going to level twenty.

It has been awhile since I have played (as evidenced by the fact that I forgot Wyrmlings were Tiny and can't be ridden) but I am hoping to make it so my Eidolon passes for humanoid and I get more or less forgotten. Specifically I am hoping for a Melee build. Ignore the Ride stuff since I am not going with that.

So skills for the eidolon, evolutions, maybe a reminder of the best summons and buffs from my spells would all be helpful.

I just don't have the time to properly optimize with how far out of practice I am.

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-13, 12:49 PM
How high-op is your group? If you're feeling munchkiny, then choose the Biped form, make its first feat be Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Aklys), its second feat Multiweapon Fighting, make its third feat Double Slice, and make all of its evolutions be Limbs (Arms). Give it an Aklys for each arm (because it's the highest base-damage light weapon on the pathfinder SRD). When you can afford Size Increase, do so.

You now have a pet Hecatoncheires. Creatures with high DR will be basically immune to the attacks, but it will squash mooks like no other, especially at the early levels. At higher levels you can change it into a pouncing bruiser on a level-up. The thing with Summoner is that you don't really need a 20-level build; you can change up your main class feature (namely, the eidolon) every level.

Hangwind
2014-10-13, 01:05 PM
It's an idea, but I am trying to get it to pass amongst humanoids without too many problems. Two arms are fine, four are alright, six is pushing it and anything more is right out.

Oddman80
2014-10-13, 02:48 PM
It's an idea, but I am trying to get it to pass amongst humanoids without too many problems. Two arms are fine, four are alright, six is pushing it and anything more is right out.

I thought that's what hats of disguise were for :)