PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Second Floor VII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 06:58 PM
Once you walk upstairs in Trog's Tavern, you find yourself looking down a long hall at twenty doors. Each room has one large bed in it, a desk and chair, and a couple of chairs at a small table.

(When posting, please put which room you're posting in at the top of the post)

Example:

Destro paces the room, thinking.

Previous Threads:
Trog's Second Floor I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/../cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1154060332;s tart=0)
Trog's Second Floor II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/../cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=post;num=1157086841;quot e=0;title=Post+reply;start=0)
Trog's Second Floor III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17637)
Trog's Second Floor IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28765)
Trog's Second Floor V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31803&page=51)
Trog's Second Floor VI (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1985621#post1985621)

Rooms List

1: Romulus, Svala
2: mRell
3: Eric, Aimi
4: Illuna, Kezo
5: Ms. E/Tabitha
6: Revenant, Iris
7: Talionis
8: Seren
9:
10: Svadris
11: Arac
12: Jarvis
13: Heintz
14:
15: Erdan
16:
17:
18:
19:
20: Umbras

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 07:14 PM

Vael may be able to slightly feel that Phoenix is happy and alive, but the stronger feeling will be Phoenixineohp's panic as she has connected to Phoenix and is trying to do something with her.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 07:16 PM

Fenix looks a bit dismayed.
What should we do?

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 07:21 PM

"Just give me a sec." Phoenixineohp keeps her eyes closed and doesn't move.

After several minutes she seems to smile a little and she opens her eyes to look down and see a sleepy Phoenix looking back up at her.

Hi.

Phoenixineohp smiles at her briefly before her face goes serious.
"Hi? HI!?! Are you out of your mind?! Do you know how long you have been asleep? Do you have any idea how worried I was? You haven't moved! Phoenix, YOU HAVEN'T MOVED!"

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 07:24 PM

Fenix smiles at Phoenix and sits down next to her as he listens to Pxp rant.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 07:27 PM

Hun, don't worry. I know. I know how long it has been and I chose this.

"But... but why? You know what will happen..."

Of course I know. She looks over and smiles at Fenix. And I chose this.

Phoenixineohp sits baffled, still holding her hands as she tries to take this all in.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 07:28 PM

Fenix looks more baffled than Pxp.
Probably because he has no idea what is going on.
He takes Phoenix's hand while he remains baffled.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 07:36 PM
Phoenixineohp smiles faintly and lets go of a hand, but still holds and strokes the other.

Phoenix smiles and looks up at Fenix, still in an almost sleepy daze.
The Vistani, they have to keep moving, have to keep traveling or else... it's like they loose part of themselves. I may not be a full blood Vistani, but I have to keep moving too, otherwise I am stuck where ever I stay. And I have decided to stay with the tow.... she trails off as her eyes go wide.
NO! NO! NO! She starts to shake her head violently back and forth suddenly tossing and trying to turn in the bed.
NO! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 07:40 PM
Fenix frowns and glances at Pxp.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 07:47 PM
Phoenixineohp's eyes go wide. She holds Phoenix's hand in both of hers.
"Phoenix, what's going...."

The rest of her words are drowned out by Phoenix's pain filled scream.

With all that she has in her Phoenix screams, curling into a small ball and tensing her body as it is racked with pain. She tries to breathe but the pain is go great she is barely able to. She grits her teeth but it does little to help her as she once again breaks into full shrieks which fill the room and carry down the hall.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 07:51 PM
Fenix holds her hand and tries to keep his link with her, trying to be there for her in some way.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 08:01 PM
As she takes another breath the pain attempts to break her and a large wave of it goes out from her core. Any connections are severed and she grips their hands with tremendous force. A pair of blood tears leak out of her tightly closed eyes and she grits, trying to bear it and stay quiet.

Phoenixineohp is wide eyed, a look of horror on her face as she tries to provide what comfort she can. She bears the pain in her hand and tries to ignore the wave, gritting her own teeth as it passes over her.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 08:03 PM
Fenix shudders and holds Phoenix's hand tightly, looking down at her with worried red eyes.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 08:08 PM
As another wave of pain passes out of her she curls even tighter as her wings rip out of her back. Trying to breathe she goes silent for second.

"Phoenix?" Phoenixineohp looks down at her and watches, horrified, as black flames spread over Phoenix's body, covering her like a thick cloud. "Phoenix?!?"

A fresh scream comes from Phoenix as the black flames start to eat into her, burning every surface of her skin.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 08:11 PM
No!
Fenix puts his arms around her, fire or no fire, whether it burns him or not, and holds her helplessly.
Phoenix!

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 08:19 PM
Phoenix struggles against Fenix as he grabs her burning flesh. She tries to scream but the flames choke her. They continue to eat away at her skin.

Phoenixineohp can barely stand the pain of Phoenix crushing her hand. She closes her eyes and tries to heal herself and then Phoenix but as soon as her healing fire appears on her hand it is swallowed by the black flames. Her eyes flick open as she screams at the pain, pulling away her hand.

Even as he holds her in the fire, Fenix is not affected. The black flames do not spread to him but little burnt and bleeding pieces of her flesh are flaking off and some stick to him.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 08:22 PM
Fenix closes his eyes, wishing there was something he could do.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 08:31 PM
Phoenixineohp manages to free her hand and the black flames vanish, revealing a severe burn on her hand and wrist. She looks at Phoenix as she starts to cry, realizing what a fraction of the torture must be like.

Phoenix stops struggling as the flames vanish, leaving her charred body in a crumpled heap. Third degree burns cover her and blood tears are pooling on the pillow under her head. Any bleeding wounds on her body trickle as the rest of her flesh steams from cooking. She lets out a quiet whimper.

The sheets and bed are untouched, as is Fenix.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 08:33 PM
Fenix gently lets go of her.
Can you do something, or do I need to get a cleric?

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 08:36 PM
Phoenixineohp looks down at her friend and turns quickly as she is sick to her stomach. After cleaning her mouth off she turns back, still softly crying.

"I.." She looks down at her hand. "I tired..." Her voice just fades out and shakes her head. "Oh hun. Oh hun..." She reaches out to touch her with her good hand before she stops, realizing how much pain that would create.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 08:37 PM
We can't just leave her like this!

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 08:42 PM
Phoenixineohp shakes her head, confused and still in shock. A small whimper comes from Phoenix.

Asher appears in Phoenixineohp's lap.
My lady! Sirius...
He turns and sees Phoenix. He gapes and hisses.
The bloody- He goes into a tirade of curses in the various languages he knows until Phoenixineohp places her good hand down on him.
"What is happening with Sirius?"

He was also affected. Peck is distracting the little one, but I can't heal him. His body seems to reject it.

She nods and looks back to Phoenix.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 08:43 PM
Fenix looks on helplessly.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 08:47 PM
Phoenixineohp's eyes glaze over.
"Get a druid. Get one now. A female."
"Asher, you bring Sirius here. He should be with me."

Asher looks up to Phoenixineohp and nods.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 08:50 PM
And if there isn't one?
Fenix hurries to the door and opens it.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 08:52 PM
There is a pause.
"Then bring back several bottles of vodka and strips of clean cloth."

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 08:53 PM
Fenix nods and runs downstairs.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-16, 08:58 PM
Phoenixineohp stays still, her eyes glazed over. Asher nods to her and with a look to Phoenix, vanishes.

A while later Asher appears with the floating body of Sirius. The body floats over and lands next to Phoenix. Phoenixineohp sighs and Phoenix lets out a small moan. Asher coils around Phoenixineohp's neck.

Phoenixineohp moans. Asher turns to look at her.
"It is going poorly. I should have been more specific."

But surely My Lady could fetch you the items and ease your pain.

"No. Let him try."

But-

"I said no!"

Asher closes his mouth and goes back to his place.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 12:03 AM

Fenix comes upstairs and enters the room.
He looks cold.
Very cold.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 12:06 AM
Neither Phoenixineohp or Phoenix have moved though a very burnt bird in the shape of Sirius is now laying beside Phoenix and Asher is wrapped around Phoenixineohp's neck.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 12:10 AM
She's coming.

Fenric
2007-03-17, 12:13 AM
Thonar and the druidess come up the stairs and look for Fenix.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 12:14 AM
Phoenixineohp nods. A bitter laugh escapes from her.
"You're cold. Shocking balance..."

Fenric
2007-03-17, 12:17 AM
Thonar and Karicha fnally make their way to room 9.

My old bones are not up to such a marathon. Where is the young woman?

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 12:17 AM
Fenix smiles tightly and continues shivering, then points to Phoenix.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 12:19 AM
Phoenixineohp turns to look at the woman, her eyes still glazed over. She remains quiet. On the bed is the burnt body of Phoenix, still bleeding and blackened. Next to her is a blackened body of a large eagle. He is bleeding less but his injuries are just as bad.

Fenric
2007-03-17, 12:19 AM
Karicha's eyes go a bit wide

There's a sight and no mistake. Speak, now, girl: what would be the matter?

Her words carry the weight of a command.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 12:20 AM
Ah...
Fenix looks at Phoenixineohp.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 12:27 AM
"I have received complete burns to all my body but my wings. It was from a blackened fire, the first to ever burn us. My spells are disabled and I have been forced to feel it all."

Phoenixineohp takes a deep breath and closes her eyes.
"I have been punished for my actions and my choices."

Phoenixineohp looks to Sirius.
"My familiar suffered as I did. As did Phoenixineohp."

Phoenixineohp holds out her bad hand.
"She tried to heal me with her ability when the flames spread to her."

She rests her hand and looks back to the woman with her glazed eye.
"Everything else remained unharmed."

She looks down, in a sitting bow to the woman.
"I greatly appreciate you coming."

She sits up and looks at them.
"But you already know that, don't you."

Fenric
2007-03-17, 12:32 AM
Karicha nods

Of course I do, dear. And you know why I cannot heal you.

The old woman removes a jar of salve from her pouch

This same salve you could have had from the healers at the temple to the goddess of the foxes. A long trip to bring a jar of fat laced with herbs, is it not?

She looks seriously at Phoenix as she applies the healing salve (1d4 HP immediate, non-magical healing; 1 extra HP per day thereafter until the wounds it was applied to heal)

You have a hard road, daughter. This I know already, for I have walked a hard road. No advice do you need, for you know already that which is needed. Rather, a command I leave you: obey your heart! To guess against yourself is the greatest injustice.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 12:35 AM
Fenix sits on the bed next to Phoenix, wondering why the hell he had to go and get a druidess if she couldn't do anything more.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 12:39 AM
Phoenix moans quietly, trying to keep in the pain and be strong.

Phoenixineohp closes her eyes.
"Perhaps meeting you was the purpose for the complications of a simple task. I am indebted to you. My thanks is all I can offer right now."

Fenric
2007-03-17, 12:50 AM
Karicha smiles at Pxp, her whiskers twitching in an odd way.

Glad I am that I have come. Care for your sister, and then thanks I shall accept.

She hands the jar to Pxp

Duties are not yet done. When she awakens, tell her what has been and what must be.

Karicha smirks at Fenix

This one has done his best.

She casts a Word of Recall and vanishes. Thonar looks a bit abashed and scurries out the door.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 12:51 AM
Fenix just seems at a loss.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 01:01 AM
Phoenixineohp nods and bows again, taking the jar in her good hand. Once she leaves Phoenixineohp turns to Phoenix and sets the jar in her legs.

You know, I think I like her.

"She is a wise woman. Reminds me of Madame Eva."

Phoenixineohp sets to work gently covering Phoenix with the salve.

"Fenix, please fetch the cloth I mentioned. Lots of it. You will want to rent another room for now as well."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 01:10 AM
Fenix nods and goes back downstairs.
[hr]
Fenix comes back upstairs with a large roll of cloth and a quite massive bottle of vodka.
It reads: Giant's King Size Vodka, Urgoth's Choice. :smalltongue:

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 01:11 AM
Phoenixineohp gently goes about covering her. She gets up and moves to the other side of the bed to cover Sirius and the rest of Phoenix.

"Asher, please lift me about two feet. Sirius as well."

As you wish.

Both bodies start to float and Phoenixineohp is able to cover the parts that were contacting the bed.

"Thank you Fenix. Please tear off some and wipe up the blood. I don't want to stain the bed."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 01:15 AM
Fenix begins to clean the bed, sighing.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 01:19 AM
I do not suggest that you complain of your task boy. If all her words have fallen on deaf ears, at least stay silent until understanding comes. If it comes...

Phoenixineohp goes over to the cloth and fishes out a dagger from her belt. She starts to cut strips of it off and pile them by the bed.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 01:21 AM
I'm not thinking about what I'm doing.
Fenix looks at Phoenix sadly.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 01:25 AM
That is certain.

Phoenixineohp finishes up the cloth and lays them about the room, making sure that none overlap. She then sits on the bed facing Sirius and closes her eyes. Several strips float up off the floor and towards the floating body of the bird. In one swift motion he is wrapped, with space to breathe. Phoenixineohp opens her eyes and checks him.

"Alright Asher, lower him back down."

Sirius floats to a rest on the bed as Phoenixineohp moves to face Phoenix.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 01:28 AM
Fenix's temper gets the better of him and he shoots a burning glare at Asher before looking back at Phoenix, his eyes still smoldering but now changing to a look of concern.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 01:39 AM
Phoenixineohp places a hand on Asher, stopping his response. She sits and closes her eyes. The rest of the strips, save two, float into the air. In one swift movement Phoenix is wrapped. She floats gently back to the bed. Phoenixineohp keeps her eyes closed for a while longer before opening them to look around the room. The glazed look is gone and she fetches the jar. She quickly coats her own hand finally and wraps it in the remaining strips. She flinches as she does and just takes a deep breath, determined not to complain about such a small fraction of what Phoenix is feeling.

When finished she closes the jar and sets it beside the table.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 01:42 AM
Fenix sits on the floor, thinking.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 01:49 AM
Phoenixineohp stands up and sighs.
"We should go and let her get some rest. Or actually..." She looks at the two of them and then at Fenix.
"I'll take them home with me."

She starts to gather some of Phoenix's things in the room. Namely the cane and her dress.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 01:53 AM
I'd like to stay as close as I can, if you don't mind.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 01:57 AM
Phoenixineohp stops and pauses. She sets down the items and sighs.
"We can't sleep on the bed though. Any movement..." She shakes her head.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 01:59 AM
Of course not.
Fenix goes and picks up the portable room Vael had set up a long time ago, opening it and placing its door in the hole.
There is a room for you.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-17, 02:02 AM
She blinks.
"Thank you. Have a good night."

She steps inside and sends Asher home to take care of Peck and the little one. She then tries to sleep.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 02:03 AM
Fenix simply goes and sits a little ways away from the bed, certain that he will get no sleep tonight.
He meditates on everything that had happened.

Dartonus
2007-03-17, 05:48 AM
Krall enters and locks the doors, then starts playing the Pirates Of The Caribbean soundtrack. At FULL VOLUME, too.

Castaras
2007-03-17, 05:55 AM
(( Just to say that Yu'Lo'Toth handed in her keys a while ago. She isn't in room 14 anymore. ))

Dartonus
2007-03-17, 09:14 AM
Krall unlocks the door of room 19 and dimension doors away. Later He comes back with the panda bandit in tow. They lock the doors and start playing Super Smash Brothers: Legend Of Zelda edition.
Dibs on death blade!
CURSE YOU!!
Their shouts can be heard downstairs.
The Panda Bandit unlocks the door and leaves.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 04:47 PM

Romulus sits up straight in the bed, looking around wildly. He quickly gets up and dresses.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 04:49 PM

Svala is slightly disturbed by the movement and wakes up. She keeps her eyes closed.
Romulus?

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 04:51 PM

Romulus turns and smiles at Svala, not putting two and two together on her eyes still being closed. "I feel something drawing me...I'll be back soon, my love."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 04:52 PM

Are you sure? Should I go with you?
Svala sits up and opens her eyes.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 04:53 PM

Romulus sits on the bed and gently strokes her cheek. "No dear, you stay here. I'll return, I promise. It'll be ok."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 04:55 PM

Svala nods and gives him a small smile.
Okay.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 04:57 PM

Romulus kisses her passionately and smiles back, before grabbing his sword and armor and heading downstairs.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 04:59 PM

Svala watches him go, growing even more nervous as she sees him take his weaponry.
She gets up and dressed, then sits on the edge of the be, waiting anxiously.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:01 PM

Romulus returns and slowly enters the room. "Hiya, beautiful..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:03 PM

Svala jumps up, runs over and hugs him tightly.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:04 PM

"It's ok now...It's ok..." Romulus holds her close.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:05 PM

Svala smiles up at him, clearly just glad to have him back so soon.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:06 PM

Romulus smiles back and kisses her forehead.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:08 PM

Where did you go?
Svala goes over to the bed and sits down again.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:13 PM

Romulus removes his armor and sword, and lays them in the corner again before sitting down next to Svala.

"Outside....Remus came and attacked..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:15 PM

Svala shivers and puts an arm around him, pulling her wings around herself.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:18 PM

"Hey, don't worry beautiful, I've always been able to beat him." Romulus gives her a small smile.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:24 PM

Svala gives a hesitant smile, but she is obviously still afraid.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:27 PM

"What's wrong?" Romulus looks at her with concern.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:30 PM

She shivers.
I don't like fighting... it scares me.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:32 PM

Romulus looks down. "I'm sorry...I know you don't like it..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:33 PM

Svala puts her arms around Romulus and leans on him.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:35 PM

Romulus gives her a small smile. "I love you."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:39 PM

I love you too, Romulus.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:41 PM

Romulus wraps his arms around her, and holds her close.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:43 PM

Svala smiles and relaxes against him, her wings twitching a bit.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:46 PM

Romulus smiles and gently strokes the nearest wing.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:48 PM

Svala shivers, smiling, then tilts her head a little as if listening to something.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:48 PM

Romulus raises an eyebrow. "What is it?"

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:51 PM

I thought I heard something.
Svala shakes her head and smiles up at him.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:52 PM

Romulus gives a small laugh.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:54 PM

What?
Svala leans close to him, smiling up at him.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 06:55 PM

"Nothing." Romulus lightly kisses her.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 06:58 PM

Svala kisses him back and wraps her wings around him.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:02 PM

He grins as he reaches out to stroke both her wings gently.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:06 PM

Svala closes her eyes as she enjoys the feeling, then she tilts her head again.
Wait- there it is again...

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:10 PM

"There what is?"

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:14 PM

Its...
Svala frowns and concentrates.
I can just barely hear it.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:16 PM

Romulus raises an eyebrow. "Well, it's just barely more than I can hear it."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:17 PM

I think its someone singing.
Svala looks up at Romulus, smiling.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:19 PM

This just seems to make him more confused. "Ok..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:22 PM

What?
Svala looks at Romulus curiously.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:24 PM

"Just confused I guess. I don't hear it, for one."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:26 PM

Well its very faint. And picking out music from other sounds is something I am very good at.
She tilts her head again.
It sounds almost familiar...

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:26 PM

Romulus watches her.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:27 PM

Svala shakes her head.
I want to say it sounds like Aesa, but thats just crazy.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:35 PM

Romulus gives a small chuckle. "Aesa? I can't say I picture her as the singing type."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:37 PM

Svala lowers her head.
She sings quite beautifully, actually.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:39 PM

"I think you sing quite beautifully, and I'm sorry I made that comment about her."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:42 PM

She doesn't sing much anymore though.
Svala hugs Romulus.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:42 PM

"Are you ok?" Romulus holds her in his arms.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:45 PM

Svala smiles a little and nods.
Just remembering old times.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:45 PM

"Ok." Romulus gently rocks her a little.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 07:47 PM

Svala keeps smiling and slowly falls asleep in his arms.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 07:48 PM

Romulus continues to hold her until he too falls asleep, laying back with her in his arms.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 08:55 PM

A song drifts up from the streets, clearly the song Svala had been talking about. There are slight similarities to Aesa's voice, but nothing more than that. Its likely ((and is)) just chance that made her think it was Aesa.

Svala wakes up and looks towards the window.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 08:57 PM

Romulus stirs, but gives no indication of having woken up.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 08:58 PM

She glances at Romulus, then gets up and goes over to the window and looks out in time to kill continuity and notice the man from the woods going inside.
She stays there for a moment, not sure how she should feel.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:00 PM

Romulus slowly opens his eyes. "What's wrong?"

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:01 PM

I... um...
Svala goes back over to the bed and sits down next to Romulus.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:03 PM

"What is it?" Romulus looks at her with concern again.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:05 PM

Svala brings her wings close around her.
Khwaja is here. Downstairs.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:06 PM

Romulus looks confused for a moment, then remembers. "Oh...so, what do we do?"

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:07 PM

Svala shakes her head and looks at the door expectantly.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:08 PM

"Wait..he's coming up here??"

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:13 PM

I don't know.
Svala looks like she thinks he will though.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:15 PM

Romulus gives a small sigh. "I don't want to lose you..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:17 PM

Svala looks between the door and Romulus almost frantically.
Romulus... I... I don't... but...
She gives up and hugs him tightly.
I love you.

Khwaja comes upstairs and pauses in front of room 1, wondering how he wanted to deal with this.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:18 PM
Romulus holds onto her tightly as well. "And I love you Svala. I'll never stop loving you."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:21 PM

Svala gives him a small smile.
[hr]
Khwaja nods to himself, then crafts a very cunning illusion about himself. His hair has become entirely green and is pulled back into a ponytail, and his height has become less. His style of body has also become elfish, and his eyes are a dark brown rather than green.
He knocks on the door to room 1.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:22 PM

Romulus returns the smile, and reluctantly gets up to answer the door. "Yes?"

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:25 PM

Khwaja smiles, having full confidence in his illusion.
My lord Khwaja sent me to bring a message to his lady...
He looks over at Svala, who looks a fair bit relieved at seeing someone other than Khwaja.
Also, because it was dark and this illusion looks similar to Khwaja, she decides she probably mistook him.
Go ahead, Kaja.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:27 PM
Romulus goes back over and sits next to Svala.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:31 PM

Khwaja, underneath his illusion, closes his eyes.
My lord desires to meet his lady soon, but at a time and place of her choosing.
He reopens his eyes, those the illusion seems to have had them open the whole time.

Svala frowns as she thinks. She glances at Romulus.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:32 PM

"I'd like to be present there, at this meeting."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:34 PM

"Kaja" nods to Romulus, but keeps his attention on Svala.
How would my lady like to respond?
Svala looks at Romulus for a while longer, then looks back at "Kaja."
Tell him... that...
She looks at Romulus again.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:36 PM

Romulus gives her a small smile.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:39 PM

Give us a moment, Kaja.
He nods and moves a little ways outside.
What should we do, Romulus?

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:40 PM

"Show him how much we love each other?" It's apparent that Romulus is holding back tears, the tears that are for his fear of losing Svala.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:43 PM

Svala hugs Romulus and kisses him.
When should we meet him?

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:45 PM

"As soon as possible? Now, and get it over with?" He gives her a small smile and rests his forehead against hers.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:48 PM

Svala draws a trembling breath and nods, then pulls a little away from him.
Kaja?
He comes back in.
Yes my lady?
He can come as soon as he wishes.
"Kaja" bows.
I will inform him. I do not believe he has any engagements at the moment, so you should prepare yourselves.
He turns and moves halfway down the stairs, where he is obscured from the hallway and the main tavern.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:50 PM

"So..now what?" Romulus asks, concerned and worried.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:52 PM

I... I'm not sure.
Svala puts her arms around herself.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 09:54 PM

"I love you Svala. I'd do anything for you." Romulus looks at the floor.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 09:58 PM

Svala smiles at him tremulously.

Kwaja changes back to normal, leaning against the tavern wall, not sure of what to do.
He was jealous. Hurt. But he didn't want to handle this poorly.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:00 PM

"I won't lose you...Not after I've been given this chance to fall in love. I won't lose it..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:02 PM

Svala hugs him just as Khwaja comes back up and goes to the room.
He looks at the two of them, a bit of pain in his eyes.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:04 PM

Romulus returns the hug, then looks at Khwaja and sighs, pain in his eyes as well.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:07 PM

Khwaja smiles slightly.
Hello, Svala.
She slowly lets go of Romulus and looks up at her husband, giving him a very small smile back.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:09 PM

"Khwaja..." Romulus sighs and stops, not even sure what it is he was going to say.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:14 PM

Khwaja looks at Romulus for a moment, but then looks back at Svala.
He slowly gets down on both knees in front of her.
Svala... I'm sorry you have to be torn like this. It must be hard on you to be torn between love and marraige. I wish there was something I could do, but we're both caught by it, aren't we?
He reaches out and takes her hand, and she doesn't resist. Svala looks at him, obviously close to tears. She moves her other hand to hold Romulus's.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:17 PM

"Khwaja...I'd do anything for her." Romulus takes her hand and gently squeezes it. "I fell in love with her, and nothing can ever change that."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:19 PM

Khwaja closes his eyes and sighs, while Svala begins crying and leans against Romulus.
I wish it were just a simple thing. But were married. Do you think you can change that?
Love is more mutable than marraige.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:21 PM

Romulus takes his free arm and wraps it around Svala. "She married you because of tradition, because of culture. We fell in love because our hearts allowed it. Because what we saw in each other completed the pieces missing in our own selves..." Several tears fall from Romulus' eyes. "I can't lose that..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:25 PM

Khwaja sighs again and looks at the ground.
I know how you feel. But we are married. Our souls are bound forever, and it cannot be changed.
Svala opens her mouth to say something, but she can't decide what to say.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:27 PM

Romulus tries to stop the tears that are beginning to flow more freely from his eyes. "I would give anything for her...heart, which she already has, body, even my soul..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:31 PM

Khwaja shakes his head.
I wish there was something we could do, but we can't-
We can. We can try.
Svala takes her hand out of Romulus's and puts her arm around him.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:32 PM

Romulus nods at Svala's words. "I won't just give up."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:34 PM
Khwaja lets go of Svala's hand and bows his head, entirely sure there was nothing they could do, even if they tried.
It doesn't stop the pain for all of them though.

Svala has closed her eyes.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:35 PM

"Please...there has to be something..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:37 PM

We should talk to Aesa.
Khwaja frowns, clearly not understanding.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:37 PM

"Svala?" Romulus is about as confused as Khwaja.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:40 PM

She brought me back after Skuld did what she did, she can do something about this!
Svala is crying, and looks desperate.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:41 PM

"Svala...." Romulus sighs, remembering what Aesa told him when he actually suggested something.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:43 PM

Svala just looks at him, wondering why is hesitating.
Khwaja looks utterly lost now.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:44 PM

"She told me....she told me that this was my problem, that she either couldn't or wouldn't help with this...I don't know...maybe if you talked to her..." Romulus tears up again and lowers his head.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:49 PM

Svala's shakes her head, tears flying.
She'll listen to me! She will!
She gets up and runs out of the room, then jumps out of one of the windows and takes flight.
Khwaja looks after her.
What... on earth... is going on?

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:51 PM

"I...I'm not quite sure...but I'm following her."

Romulus starts to head after her.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:53 PM

...it may be best to let her think it through on her own, but I don't expect you to listen to my advice.
Khwaja stands.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:54 PM

Romulus sighs, and lays his head in his hands and cries.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:56 PM

Khwaja puts a hand on Romulus's shoulder.
I'm sorry. I wish you didn't have to go through this.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 10:58 PM

Romulus slowly stops crying and sighs. "I love her so much..."

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 11:00 PM

Khwaja shakes his head and goes to the doorway.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 11:00 PM

"What are you going to do?"

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 11:02 PM

I don't know. We may be parted for a time... but we are bound together. Nothing can separate us.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 11:04 PM

"Not even the fact that she actually loves me?"

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 11:06 PM

Khwaja sighs.
Not even that.

Kyrian
2007-03-17, 11:09 PM

"I won't give up so easily..."

Romulus stands up again and heads out into the hall, diving out the window.

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 11:10 PM

Khwaja sighs, and suddenly is surrounded by a swarm of white birds, which flutter and fly out the window, leaving no trace of Khwaja.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 12:14 AM

Romulus carries Svala upstairs, and gently lays her down on the bed. He sits down in the chair beside where she lays.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 12:16 AM

Svala looks at him and reaches out to take his hand.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 12:18 AM

Romulus allows his hand to be taken, and gives her a small smile.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 12:20 AM

Svala tugs on his hand, pulling him gently towards her.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 12:20 AM

Romulus kneels down beside her.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 12:22 AM

Svala watches him very sadly, then turns away from him and begins crying again.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 12:23 AM

"Please don't cry..." Romulus runs a hand through her hair, gently.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 12:25 AM

Svala's tears don't stop, and a soft pattering sound begins as it starts raining outside.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 12:26 AM

Romulus climbs into the bed and slowly puts an arm around her. "Svala, I love you, beautiful."

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 12:27 AM

Svala turns back towards him and puts her arms around him, still crying.
The rain doesn't stop.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 12:29 AM

Romulus kisses the spot just under her eyes.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 12:31 AM

Svala' tears, interestingly, aren't salty at all... just water.
She clings to him. I never want to leave you.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 12:33 AM

"I never want to leave you either, Svala." Romulus rubs her back slowly.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 12:34 AM

Svala's crying slows, but she remains how she is, not intending to let go.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 12:39 AM

Romulus is ok with that, and holds on to her as well.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 12:39 AM

Svala slowly falls asleep in his arms.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 12:41 AM

Romulus wraps his arms around her, tightly, and holds her close before he too falls asleep.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-18, 01:56 AM

Phoenixineohp appears beside Phoenix's bed. In her arms are several bottles and jars and a bunch of strips of cloth.

"Hey hun. I went to Madame Eva. She said... well, she gave me some things that may help with the healing and a natural solution that should ease the pain. I'll give you that first, then take off the wrap, anoint the wounds and then wrap you again. I will do the same for Sirius."

She sets down the material and takes out a small vial. She uncorks it and brings it to Phoenix's lips, slowly pouring it into her mouth. Phoenix swallows and moans at the pain of even that simple movement.

Phoenixineohp steps back and Phoenix's body floats into the air. The cloth removes its self in one motion, causing Phoenix to moan again in agony. Phoenixineohp tries to hold back tears and opens several of the jars. The paste and liquids inside float out and spread over Phoenix's body. Once she is covered the strips of fresh cloth wrap her again in one fluid motion before her body lowers back down to the bed.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 01:58 AM

Fenix jolts out of meditation and looks at what is going on.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-18, 02:04 AM

Phoenixineohp moves to the other side of the bed and pours a vial of liquid into Sirius's beak. A click is heard as she steps back and opens the bottles and sets them down. Sirius's body floats into the air and the cloth wrapping him comes off and piles its self with the rest of the used pieces. The contents of the bottles float up and begin to cover Sirius, spreading over him and what is left of his feathers. Once coated, the strips of fresh cloth float up and wrap around him again before his body lowers back onto the bed.

Phoenixineohp nods and goes over to the pile of used cloth, placing her good hand on it. In a flash it is burnt, leaving only ashes which float over to one of the now empty bottles. The ashes fill part of the bottle and it caps its self. Phoenixineohp nods again and collection of bottles and jars vanish except for one. She picks it up, along with the remaining cloth.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 02:10 AM

Fenix sighs and sits in a chair next to the bed.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-18, 02:16 AM
"It's all we can do. She's in too much pain and too angry to take me over again." Phoenixineohp shakes her head. "All we can do is wait and hope."

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 02:17 AM
Fenix nods and watches Phoenix.
Thank you for you what you've done.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-18, 02:40 AM
Phoenixineohp looks at him oddly for a moment before she nods to him and smiles faintly.
"I'm going downstairs for a drink. Want anything?"

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 02:41 AM
No, thank you.
Fenix stays as he is.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-18, 02:43 AM
She nods and heads down stairs.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 03:17 AM
Fenix sighs and watches Phoenix, wishing he could just hold her hand.
Phoenix... I'm honestly not quite sure what is going on right now, and I'm feeling helpless and useless, but-
But- I'm not going to give up.
Not when I've done as much as I have.
He shakes his head at the comment, then says something else as if he were replacing his last few words with it.
Not when it is about you.
He sighs again.
I've not done as I should have, sometimes. Far too often I just fail miserably at what I should do with this relationship between us.
But I want to do better, Phoenix. I'm trying.
For a moment Fenix is at a loss for more words to add.
I'm here for you, Phoenix. And I want whats best for you, even if I don't know what it is.
He gives a wry chuckle.
And though I'd like a reponse about now, I'm thinking what is best is for you not to strain yourself. Because slapping me for my probable idiocy wouldn't be too good for you at the moment.
He smiles very slightly then leans back in his chair.
Eventually he falls asleep.

Kyrian
2007-03-18, 07:23 AM

Romulus opens his eyes. Seeing Svala still held close in his arms, he gives a small smile, as tears slowly fall from his eyes again. He kisses her on the cheek, and slowly falls back to sleep.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-18, 10:57 PM

In her room within room 9 Phoenixineohp wakes up and stretches against her llama pillow. She smiles and scratches him gently with her good hand before getting up and readying the supplies she has for Phoenix.

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 11:00 PM

Fenix remains in meditation.

((bump. :P))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-18, 11:02 PM
(nope. Not gonna do it. Gotta be kinda responible occassionally.)

*the llama looks at his player and mutters something about "jobs"*

(Goodnight everyone, and he's one to talk. When was the last time he did any Head of Cleriky thinngs at Inari's?)

phoenixineohp
2007-03-18, 11:11 PM
This player pouts slightly at Atreyu and his player before breaking into a smile. (Nite :P)

Phoenixineohp walks into the room with Phoenix and Fenix, the jars, bottles and cloth following her. She quickly sets about doing the same thing as the previous night.

Phoenix's body still has intense damage, but the bleeding has stopped and some tissue regeneration has began. The blackened pieces have all come off, leaving her entirely red and raw. Sirius is in a similar state with some remnants of feathers still sticking out of his body and wings. His beak and talons are blackened but otherwise healing.

Rainspattered
2007-03-18, 11:13 PM
# 11
Arac stumbles up the stairs, more falling with enough momentum to reach the top tham climbing them, sweat and blood covering his body. He rises painfully to his feet and manages to limp until he crashes against the door of Room 9. His blood-blurred eyes magage to make out the forms inside and he takes another few steps, collapsing with a single arm on the bed in room #11, treasure still heavy upon his back.

((I'm out for the nigh, so he's passed out cold if anyone comes in. Steal away, but at your own peril.))

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 11:13 PM

Fenix seems to be deep in meditation.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-18, 11:22 PM

Phoenixineohp finishes with the routine and then carefully takes care of her own hand outside of her room so that Atreyu can not see. She burns the rags and the bottles and jars vanish, just like the night before. She sadly smiles at Phoenix and glances briefly at Fenix before heading back to her room to try and sleep.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-19, 12:31 PM
*atreyu nuzzles her sleeping form and leaves a barely legible note saying he'll be back later, (you try writing with a pen in your mouth) before trotting out of the room.*

(You gonna roll a spot check to see that burn?)
"maybe later, when she's online. You gonna mail those books and do some work today?"
(yeah, soon. Its Spring Break and the whole campus has a lazy feel to it.)

Rainspattered
2007-03-19, 05:22 PM
Arac rises, shaking visibly from the strain, and counts his treasure. Nothing is missing. He slings it over his shoulder and limps to the stairs, ready to descend. At the last moment, he turns around, his face a mask of rage and confusion, and draws a few magical items he can ascertain to have healing properties; a rod, a pair of wands, a few gem-encruted flasks containing some sort of beneficial potion (he hazards a guess as to which ones are healing and leaves three), leaving them inside the door to Room #9, thankful that they were all asleep. "She needs it more than I," Arac reminds himself, growling in reluctance to leave any treasure behind. His icy blue eyes dart to the stairwell, and he limps quickly, before his rare genrosity can be witnessed. Spend the rest of this treasure more wisely, he tells himself, looking to the bar.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-19, 10:52 PM
*to avoid posting in a thread unnecessarily, Atreyu scales the wall outside of room 9, using an amazing climb check that will boggle all who saw it for years to come. He sneaks in through the window and finds Phoenixineohp, nuzzling her*

(okay...that'll be it for me for a bit. I have got to finish this project.)

phoenixineohp
2007-03-19, 10:58 PM
Phoenixineohp wakes up with a slight bit of confusion, (her player wishing that she could have seen that climb.)

"Hey there." She smiles and nuzzles him.

Rainspattered
2007-03-19, 11:00 PM
Arac limps down the hall to his room, pausing outside of room nine. If the door is open and any inhabitants seem awake, he nods gruffly and says "I hope she gets better," nbefore striding into his own room and lying down to sleep on the bed.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-19, 11:13 PM
Phoenixineohp is caught off guard at the person passing by the door. She doesn't see they, since she is in the sub room, but can hear the message. She smiles slightly and gets up to check the door. She doesn't see anyone but looks down at the objects left behind.

"Thank you!" She calls out, in case someone might here. She briefly ponders how the door opened without the alarms going off, but shrugs it off and takes the items inside before closing and locking the door.

She looks them over and tries to figure out their properties. She sets them inside her room for more study, and goes about her nightly routine.

Once finished she heads to bed, curling up with Atreyu.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-20, 10:28 PM
*A stray feather under the nose causes the llama to sneeze, and he slowly wakes up, looking around. He stares out the window and sees what time it is. He remembers Aiki's mess yesterday and lets out a worried bleat.*

phoenixineohp
2007-03-20, 10:32 PM
A worried bleat wakes up Phoenixineohp. She looks up and reaches up to scratch Atreyu with her good hand.
"Hey there. What's the matter?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-20, 10:34 PM
"oh. Some trouble at Inari's last night. Aikidu showed up, but he wasn't acting normal and Fen tried to help him and only ended up hurting him. I was going to help them find his sword tonight. It may be a way to fix him."

phoenixineohp
2007-03-20, 10:40 PM
Phoenixineohp frowns.
"Oh dear. I haven't seen him in a long while. I'm sure everything will work out though."
She smiles and nuzzles him.
"I'm glad I found you dozing downstairs. Right now I could really use a comfy llama."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-20, 10:44 PM
(you expect him to resist that?!? But...but ...I need to help Aiki)

*he nuzzles back.* "He seemed pretty weird, maybe I should just go check on him for a minute. I'm good at finding things, I've got some ranks in search."

phoenixineohp
2007-03-20, 10:48 PM
She sighs but smiles.
"Okaaaay. But can you come back here tonight?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-20, 10:52 PM
"of course. For you, anything. Well....except a poodle cut, anything but that."

*He starts climbing out the window to avoid disturbing Trog's thread. His climb check isn't as good and there is a light "OOF!" followed by "I'm okay, its only subdual damage" as he runs off to check on his friend*

phoenixineohp
2007-03-20, 11:00 PM
Phoenixineohp shakes her head to see if that was real or if someone was casting spells on her again. She gets up and goes to the window, looking out and watching him run off. A very confused look is on her face but she tries to shrug it off and start her nightly routine.

When she finishes she sits next to Phoenix and closes her eyes, hardly moving.

After a while she opens her eyes and gets up. She looks around the room and quietly goes to dress her hand. When she finishes that she closes her eyes and disappears.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-21, 01:29 AM
*Pxp and Atreyu teleport into the room. They look exhausted and a little worried.* "So....umm....Phoenix doing any better?"

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 01:33 AM
Phoenixineohp looks over at her friend.
"Almost anything is an improvement. Her body is healing slowly and the pain is... well her mind is..." She looks away and walks to their room. "She'll get better eventually. She's a fighter and she's not going to break from this." She lets out a short laugh. "And when she is better," she laughs again.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-21, 01:43 AM
*Atreyu nods and smiles* "Yeah, she is."

spot check for the hand
[roll0]

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 01:46 AM
(Hehehe, well I'll compensate for that...)

She stretches and reaches out to hug him, giving him a nuzzle. She hugs him tightly on one side but still favors her HAND. :P

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-21, 01:50 AM
*He returns the hug as best he can, but whimpers worriedly, feeling something is wrong.*

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 01:51 AM
She gently pulls back and hold his face, worried.
"What's the matter?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-21, 01:58 AM
*he studies her* "did you get hurt in the fight? You're acting odd."

*he stares at tge side she's been favoring.*

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 02:02 AM
She gives him a confused little smile. And brings her hand in front of her.
"I tried to heal her when the flames took over and it failed. Apparently magic won't work, I guess he thinks it will make it harder on her. But the flames didn't hurt anything but her and, well, when I tried they took my hand. It was weird. Neither of us have ever been burned by fire, but these flames were black and I guess he made them extra special." She shrugs, trying to stay positive but waving.

"I've never really had an injury that wouldn't go away, so this is rather new for me. I don't know if it will scar or..." She looks down, seemingly worried about that idea.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-21, 02:10 AM
*Atreyu looks down at her hand.* "It''ll be okay. Scars are just proof that you're willing to do what you have to to protect those important to you. You don't mind mine, and you'll still be amazingly beautiful to me."

*He looks up, hoping he didn't say anything too stupid there*

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 02:12 AM
Her face melts into a smile as she looks up at him. She wraps him in a tight hug before turning to walk completely into their room. She closes the 'door' and locks it as the curtain falls.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 12:08 PM

Fenix breaks out of his meditation and decides he can do nothing for Phoenix by just sitting there, so he goes downstairs to get a drink as he debates what to do.[hr]Fenix comes back upstairs and sits down next to Phoenix, trying to think of something he could do.
He goes into meditation.

Rainspattered
2007-03-21, 09:24 PM
Arac's mind was far too gone with ale and fatigue to hear the call of thanks, and he wandered for a day in feverdream, his wounds' infections leading to hallucinatory dreams where spiders bllot out the son and crawl over his body to shield him from harm as their crackling voices, a thousand-thousand in unison, declare him their king and their god. Six eyes and two pairs of arms find their way onto his body and he holds his halberd above him like a trophy to those millions of eight-legged below, the scropions and spiders and long-legged creatures with no jaws, only spherical heads and ovoid bodies, bi-segmented. His dreams would travel to his battles, then, his form unchanged from his dream and at once the same as he was in his waking life, like these limbs and this armour of arthropods were a shadow over his mortal form. He saw clearly the faces of all the dead in these dreams, the faces of all the women he'd loved and left when staying in one place too long got to him, some he knew the names of, some he didn't and never would, some he had known already, some he would come to know.
Finally, he awakes, natural immune system purging the brutality of infection from his body, his muscles tense and shaking as they've finally faught enough of the damage to begin to heal. He sees his treasure and allows himself to find sleep again, a more comfortable one this time, too confused by his own thoughts to see whether or not his door was closed.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 11:07 PM

Phoenixineohp wakes and gently unwraps herself from Atreyu to go about her nightly routine. Their bodies appear to be healing faster now as the scar tissue forms. Small feathers are starting to develop on Sirius, much like a baby how a baby bird gets it's first few.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 11:20 PM

Fenix sighs and looks to Pxp.
Is there something I should or could be doing?

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 11:23 PM

Phoenixineohp looks over at him and takes a seat on the bed.
"I don't know. I don't think so. We just need to wait." She sighs before an odd look crosses her face.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 11:26 PM

Fenix looks pained and turns his gaze back to Phoenix.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 11:31 PM
"Have you thought about what the wise woman said?"

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 11:33 PM

She spoke to Phoenix, not I.
Fenix scowls at the rememberance of the woman.