PDA

View Full Version : Voting game tournament. Sign up booth.

Maryring
2007-03-16, 07:10 PM
Judge 1: Is everything ready?

Judge 2: Everything is ready as the master ordered. We only need the contestants and the guests.

Judge 3: I'll be handling the arrival of the guests. Which one of you will go for the contestants?

Judge 2: I'll go. Do you have the list of the contestants?

Judge 1: Here. It's incomplete though. We don't have enough contestants.

Judge 3: We don't?

Judge 1: No. We need 128 contestants, the master ordered so. So far we only have a couple. Enough to stage the first few fights or so but... we still need many more. You'll have to search for others.

Judge 3: What about the guests? The master created this tournament for them. Shouldn't they be allowed to choose who will competete?

Judge 2: I suppose we could do that. Actually, that is a pretty good idea. I'll be searching to see if I can find contestants on my own. You two send me any requests that our guests make.

Judge 1: That reminds me, is their hotel open?

Judge 3: No, not yet. It's still closed for renovation. We can't open it or the arena until approximately next week. Should give us plenty of time to gather contestants though. Especially since the Master has given us the freedom to gather contestants from anything but those who star in non Japanese cartoons and tv-shows.

Judge 1: Then it is decided then. Well, go and collect info from the guests. I'll organize the requests and send them to you. We have to work hard now. The first fight is to begin in less than a month. We don't have much time yet.

Judge 2: I'll be leaving then. Take care, both of you.

Judge 3: You as well. I'll put up the invitation and the request for contestants... There.

Attention, all members of the GiantITP community

This is a formal invitation to join the festivities
of the first Voting game Tournament.

Every person who is a member of the
GiantITP community is welcome to
watch and vote in this grand event.

Visit the Arena and enjoy the
fierce battles there. The fighters
will be competing for the ultimate prize,
just for your enjoyment.

Between each fight, feel free to rest in
our magnificent hotel. Our cast of
support characters will ensure that
your stay will be as pleasant as possible

This event is free, and our visitors have no
obligation other than to treat the judges
and your fellow guests with respect.
Furthermore, the rules from the GiantITP board
still applies to this event.

If you have any questions regarding the event
please visit the sign up booth.
Our staff of hard-working judges will do their
best to serve you.
Also, all event passes are handed out
at the sign up booth.

Welcome and please enjoy yourself.

P.S. We're currently looking for fighters for the games.
If you have anyone you wish to see fight just for your
enjoyment, please drop by the sign up booth and drop me a message.
We are also currently very buzy with setting up
the event, so please forgive us
if we delay in giving you aid.
If none of us are present to take your message,
just drop a private note in our mailbox.

Sincerely Diana. The third judge.

Miatog
2007-03-16, 07:28 PM
How many people can we add to the fighting pool? I have a nice list off the top of my head that I'd like to see fight.

EDIT: better wording

InaVegt
2007-03-16, 07:30 PM
Can I be a contestant, I'll tell you more about my usual tactics if you want to know more.

Maryring
2007-03-16, 07:31 PM
Diana: That'll be as many as you want, sir Miatog. If we get more than 128 in total, we will be drawing out those who most people want to join. ¤Also, you're scary as heck, but I'm not about to tell you that.¤ As for you, miss Gezina, that is a possibility. However the Master wishes for guests to fight in privately arranged battles between themselves, considering that our guests are most often a lot more powerful than the rest of the fighters.

Miatog
2007-03-16, 07:46 PM
Very well. Then here's my list. []hands a peice of paper with the following names on it to the judge.[]

Uzumaki Naruto
Nara Shikamaru
Hatake Kakashi
Gaara of the Sand
Kurosaki Ichigo
Nova
Hitsugaya Tōshirō
Aburame Shino
Shihōin Yoruichi

InaVegt
2007-03-16, 08:02 PM
My list:

Piet Hein (the dutch admiral, not the danish poet)
Michiel de Ruyter (another dutch admiral)
Prince William I of Orange-Nassau (the ancestor of the dutch royal family and the one it is named after)
King William III of england and ireland, Prince William III of Oranje-Nassau and King William II of scotland (1 and the same person, one of the most powerful men in history)
The 3rd duke of Alba (a deeply evil man, just because I need some bad guys on the list)

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-16, 08:14 PM
My List:

Sephiroth vs Darth Vader
Han Solo vs Indiana Jones
Janeway vs Kirk
Sisko vs Picard
Sun Tzu vs Napoleon
Yoda vs Miss Piggy
Alex Trebek vs Bob Barker

Maryring
2007-03-17, 04:30 AM
Diana: Thank you, thank you and thank you. I will send your requests to the other judges, and we will do our best to ensure that they will participate. Incidentally, we're going to have a lot of work to do, so we might not be here to receive your requests. If that is so, please leave behind a request form. You will find them by the booth.

Zar Peter
2007-03-17, 05:13 AM
My list:

Rincewind
Mustrum Ridcully
The Dean
Ponder Stibbons
Samuel Vimes
Corporal Cecil Wormsborough St. John Nobbs
Esme Weatherwax
Gytha Ogg
Lord Havelock Vetinari
Bergholt Stuttley ("Bloody Stupid") Johnson
Rob Anybody McFeegle
Daft Wullie
William the gonnagle

Castaras
2007-03-17, 05:14 AM
Esme Weatherwax vs Gandalf...would be interesting...

Although Esme can beat Gandalf anyday.

bingo_bob
2007-03-17, 08:04 AM
I would like to add:

Spock
Captain Kirk
Captain Picard
Counselor Troi (sp)
Dr. Lenard McCoy
Dr. Beverly (?) Crusher (I don't think I'd trust my life to a 'Dr. Crusher'.)

and, because Miatog forgot him:

Rock Lee.

Foxer
2007-03-20, 05:21 AM
Historical

Nikola Tesla vs Thomas Edison
Oliver Cromwell vs Gustavus Adolphus
Richard I vs Richard III (A Battle Royale Battle Royale, if you will)

Fiction

Sheridan vs Kirk (Babylon 5 vs Classic Trek)
Spiderman vs Batman (Marvel vs DC)
Judge Dredd vs Captain America (more comics)
Grisham vs Horatio Kane vs Mac (three-way CSI battle)

Also...

Chuck Norris vs The Rock

Maryring
2007-03-24, 05:24 PM
Diana: This is... amazing. Such an overwhelming response. We should be able to do our own work from now on.

Judge 1: Really. What about the hotel though? Is that open yet?

Diana: Not yet. I've looked over the potential guest list again. And we have to do a few changes. Add a few new foyers and a guest basement. I mean, have you checked the list, excluding all the mages and fighters and what have you, potential guests include Daemons, Dragons, Vampires, Werecreatures... even incarnations of Death. Luckily, furnishing the rooms won't take long.

Judge 1: That is good. I am sure our guests are getting impatient.

Diana: How is Sazuke doing anyway?

Judge 1: I don't know. In his last message he asked me if he looked like a rabbit, while complaining about why everyone seemed to want him for dinner. He has already yanked a few fighters though. They should arrive shortly.

Diana: Good. I think it is time to open the collosseum though.

Judge 1: Why? We don't have any fighters ready to battle yet.

Diana: That isn't really true. We have me and you.

Judge 1: Us? Why should we even fight? We've got work to do.

Diana: Don't worry. I summoned some help to build for us. Come on, the show must go on. We must entertain our guests.

Judge 1: I guess you're right... Okay. Go and open the Collosseum. The first match will be between us. A match so that our guests can learn more about the fights.

Diana: That is the spirit. We are still accepting submissions, so please leave your message here. See you all in the Collosseum.

Miatog
2007-03-24, 07:34 PM
Miatog hands another list of names to a judge.

Spike Spiegel
Faye Valentine
Jet Black
Malcolm “Mal” Reynolds
Zeo Alleyne Washburne
Hoban “Wash” Washburne
Inara Serra
Jayne Cobb
Kaywinnit Lee “Kaylee” Frye
Dr. Simons Tam
River Tam
Derrial Book
“The Hands of Blue”

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-25, 09:51 PM
...ah...so, is this just for contestants?

Mr. Moon
2007-03-25, 09:59 PM
My list (unless it's to late):

Temari of Sand
Rock Lee, pre-Battle with Gaara
Orochimaru

Also, my Drow side will be interested in fighting... anyone. If they don't mind getting killed.

Maryring
2007-03-26, 03:19 PM
With a loud dump, a yellow mouse appears from behind the counter of the Sign Up Booth, he curses slightly, then suddenly blushes as he notices he isn't alone.

Sazuke: Please appologize that outburst. Yes, this is only for contestants. Of course, the only limit to guests being contestants is that they don't participate in the tournament and only fight against other guests.

He looks around with a look of puzzlement on his face.

Sazuke: What's this chaos? And why isn't the hotel open yet? I apologize for this chaos, guests. I will open the hotel for you at once.

Graklok
2007-03-27, 03:54 AM
Also, my Drow side will be interested in fighting... anyone. If they don't mind getting killed.

Oh no. Graklok don't tink you handul teh compwex....comprew......komprex....insanitee dat is Graklok!

((I'm game, but beware I'm free-form, not stat based. :smallwink:))

Mr. Moon
2007-03-27, 09:14 AM
The drow smiles. "You think so, do you simpleton? Outwitting you will be like slaying a really dumb troll." She winks, hefting a glaive over her shoulder.

Maryring
2007-03-27, 05:03 PM
Diana: I am back and... whoa. She looks at the two people standing in front of her, eager to fight. A fight between two guests already? Wow... that went quick. Okay, I'll be signing you both up then. If you would please just fill out this form...

Name:
Race:
Abilities:
Strategy:
Strenghts:
Weaknesses:

And give it to me. Also, please go to the Hotel to order your Arena and get your rooms. Kari will give you the list of available Arena's if you need it, but it should be the same themes as the rooms.

Mr. Moon
2007-03-28, 01:43 PM
((So should I post my stats or PM them to you?

Edit: Also, would you mind putting a link to the hotel somewhere?))

Castaras
2007-03-28, 01:55 PM
Of course, if anyone wants a taste of my culinary prowess, I will be willing to give you it.

* Draws pie-gun *

Don't make me use this. You really don't want me to throw pie at you.

Maryring
2007-03-28, 03:03 PM
Diana: Do as you prefer, miss Moon Called. Also, here is a map to the Hotel. Please enjoy your stay.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38653

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-28, 04:33 PM
We'll fight if you'd like...