PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [Pathfinder] Four arms and dual-wielding bows.

EisenKreutzer
2014-10-13, 10:48 PM
I have a player in my upcoming Pathfinder game wanting to play a kasatha (this isn't some bull**** thing, I have explicitly included them in my campaign setting), and has asked whether he can dual-wield bows. I couldn't really answer him, since I've never thought about it before and I couldn't find anything on it in the rulebook.

Would you allow it? Is it terribly exploitable?

Snowbluff
2014-10-13, 10:51 PM
It takes 2 hands, right? You can, and you take a -4 penalty to do so with Multiweapon Fighting.

VexingFool
2014-10-13, 10:56 PM
There is even a Kasatha specific ranger Archetype for this style of fighting in People of the Stars.

EisenKreutzer
2014-10-13, 11:12 PM
I'll take that as an "it's a perfectly legit thing to do" then.

deuxhero
2014-10-13, 11:54 PM
That archetype gets... strange if you take it as a human/half-orc/half-elf/Aasimar thanks to Racial Heritage.

Psyren
2014-10-14, 08:49 AM
That archetype gets... strange if you take it as a human/half-orc/half-elf/Aasimar thanks to Racial Heritage.

RH only lets you meet the racial requirement; to actually use those particular abilities of the archetype you need the multi-armed trait. Similarly a human could qualify for the Strix's Airborne Ambusher but several of the abilities would be useless/irrelevant if they couldn't fly.