PDA

View Full Version : Did Belkar trick even the gods?

littlebum2002
2014-10-14, 11:21 AM
How come "Ali S. Fakenamington" didn't show up in the Deva's list of Belkar's aliases?

I know the OOC reason (that story wasn't written yet), but what's the IC reason I wonder?

INoKnowNames
2014-10-14, 11:31 AM
How come "Ali S. Fakenamington" didn't show up in the Deva's list of Belkar's aliases?

I know the OOC reason (that story wasn't written yet), but what's the IC reason I wonder?

You're referring to page 488, right? "Belkar, aka Death's little helper, aka The Belkster"?

Considering we're dealing with someone who's evil is measurable in Kilonazis, if that's the only fake name on Belkar's record, I'd be surprised. He's at least 24 years old, and has been killing for as long as we've known him, if not longer. The deva got her point across to Roy with just two akas; was she supposed to list every single one of another character's nicknames when going over Roy's sins?

Unisus
2014-10-14, 01:23 PM
In addition, one-use-aliases used to stay unknown are not something you would say somebody is known as. If you use "aka" you usually refer to either widely known names for the person in question or names under which that person is known to the one you talk to .

ORione
2014-10-14, 01:38 PM
The deva seemed to be listing nicknames, not aliases.

littlebum2002
2014-10-14, 02:21 PM
The deva seemed to be listing nicknames, not aliases.

I think you hit the nail on the head. She said "a.k.a.", but all of the names she mentioned were clearly Belkar. None were names one would use to HIDE their identity. Never noticed that before.

Sniffnoy
2014-10-14, 05:38 PM
Also, she's talking to Roy, who would never have heard that name; it wouldn't be helpful.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-10-14, 06:15 PM
She probably wasn't looking to make a full list.