PDA

View Full Version : Redcloak's plan: Was he ever going to betray Xykon?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-17, 12:22 AM
In a recent issue, redcloak looked like he was tired of xykon's lazy, half assed approach to preparing for the battl;e, and seemed to have a revelation about xykon chariging out into the battle with a bull's eye on him. It seemed that he might be thinking it wasn't such a bad idea for the big X to go out in the middle of the battle and get dusted.

Now it seems he has those duplicates of him out there drawing fire.

I wonder now if he ever intended to get X whacked, or if he planned to use dupes from the moment he mentioned X going out with a bulls'e eye on him.

BTW, what is the relationship between X and RC? I mean, it seemed like X was the mastermind and RC his faihful leiutenant, but now it seems that X is just a useless slacker and RC is the real brains of the bunch. I wonder hwat their real relationship is. They sometimes seem to like each other and have the occasional good laugh. (Hobgoblins dropping dead from exhaustion! HA, you had me going for a second there. HA haha ha!)

416365416c
2007-03-17, 02:24 AM
I think that Redcloak was clearly sarcastic when he suggested painting a bullseye on him, but it gave him the decoy idea. I do not think he ever intended to betray Xykon, as he is loyal to Xykon, if only because he needs him to take over the world.

And their relationship was less of Xykon being the mastermind and Redcloak being a mere minion as Xykon being the dark lord with a vision, and Redcloak being a major-domo that takes care of details. And they are comrades working together towards world domination.

Demented
2007-03-17, 02:54 AM
Xykon takes the straightforward approach.
Redcloak tries to cut the losses inflicted by Xykon's straightforward plans.

It's doubtful that Redcloak would betray Xykon now. Maybe when Redcloak's ultimate goal is within reach and the only thing standing in his way is Xykon. For now, a Lich with initiative and the benefit of the BBEG constant is invaluable.

Haedrian
2007-03-17, 02:57 AM
Has a bit of a point.

He COULD send the real one into the worst area so he'll get killed with ease, then again he didn't betray him when he was defeated the first time...

But now the stuff has changed, they have a huge army... Maybe redcloak DOES want to lead.

The Wanderer
2007-03-17, 10:22 PM
I'm not a fan of the Redcloak is going to betray Xykon theories, and even less so of the one that he'll do it as part of a scheme to destroy and recreate existence on behalf of the Goblin God.

Time will tell, but I have a feeling that even if the comic ends without such an action, there'll still be people saying "Well, he was going to do it, he just never got the chance!" :smallannoyed: