PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [PATHFINDER/3.5] Kasatha Monk Build Advice

TheMADMonk
2014-10-14, 04:53 PM
Ok so here is the Kasatha race.
Aside from level 1 feat going to Multiweapon Fighting

I want to build a powerful monk, whether or not I take a Archetype that trades out flurry of blows.
This will be a level 5 build.
My rolls are pretty good
18, 16, 18, 10, 14, 16
So with Kasatha's +2 Dex and Wis and the +2 Dodge bonus means I am pretty set on AC.

I was wondering if I should dip Sacred Fist (To regain Flurry, Double AC bonus, and Cantrips)

Master of Many Style to pick up Pummeling Style and Charge.
Using 4 attacks from all four arms might make this even more devastating at later levels.

emeraldstreak
2014-10-14, 07:06 PM
3.P? You dont need MMS, go martial monk (dm 310) instead.

TheMADMonk
2014-10-14, 08:32 PM
Master of Many Styles Monk gains Pummeling Style and Charge at 1rst and 2nd level.
What is DM 310? Dragon Mag?

emeraldstreak
2014-10-14, 08:50 PM
Master of Many Styles Monk gains Pummeling Style and Charge at 1rst and 2nd level.
What is DM 310? Dragon Mag?

yeah. the martial monk needs not to meet prereq. for combat feats, so he does the same without trading fob

otherwise, standard low lvl ubercharger shenanigans seem in place. invisible fist isnt that synergic for you but still decent. moving to wisdom might be good with your stats, but I think shiba protector is human only, you could consider intuitive attack and saint template.

ultimately you want to stack on unarmed dmg size enhancers, multiple magic items enchanting unarmed strikes or scorpion quaterstaff with a lot of strength amd multiarmed wielding.

TheMADMonk
2014-10-14, 09:32 PM
Here is some of my ideas.
Take Weapon Spec for Unarmed Damage if I get the chance
Buy a Guided Amulet of Mighty Fist (Makes Wis the to hit and damage ability score)
Body Wrap of Mighty Fist (increases unarmed damage and to hit)

Martial Monk loses a lot of skill points. A total of 8 or 9 by level 5, which for a class not focused on Int is a serious pain in the butt.

emeraldstreak
2014-10-14, 09:57 PM
Martial Monk loses a lot of skill points. A total of 8 or 9 by level 5, which for a class not focused on Int is a serious pain in the butt.

compared to prerequisite-less feats?

sounds to me you just want to be average

TheMADMonk
2014-10-14, 10:07 PM
Well Master of Many Styles grants Prereq-less style feats. It changes Flurry into a meld of styles allowing you to combo Dragon and Pummeling styles together which can be quite good.