PDA

View Full Version : Angel Song [Base Class]

Crystall_Myr
2007-03-17, 02:21 AM
Angel Song
Oftentimes a master of both music and magic claims to be a bard. They work with illusions, and boost the moral of their allies. Sometimes, though, a bard's power comes not from arcane power, but from faith. These Angel Songs believe that the power of faith and music combined can accomplish any task, or assist their allies in doing so.

Alignment
An Angel Song must be of a good alignment, and lose access to all special abilities, including Spellsong, if they lose that.

HD
1d6

Skills
The Angel Song's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), and Spot (Wis).

Skill Points
6 + Int Modifier (x 4 at first level)

Table: The Angel Song
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Max Spell Level

1st|
+0
|
+0
|
+0
|
+2
|Aura of good, honor of angels, spellsong|

2nd|
+1
|
+0
|
+0
|
+3
||

3rd|
+1
|
+1
|
+1
|
+3
|Aura of faith +1|

4th|
+2
|
+1
|
+1
|
+4
||

5th|
+2
|
+1
|
+1
|
+4
||

6th|
+3
|
+2
|
+2
|
+5
||

7th|
+3
|
+2
|
+2
|
+5
||

8th|
+4
|
+2
|
+2
|
+6
||

9th|
+4
|
+3
|
+3
|
+6
||

10th|
+5
|
+3
|
+3
|
+7
|Aura of faith +2|

11th|
+5
|
+3
|
+3
|
+7
||

12th|
+6/+1
|
+4
|
+4
|
+8
||

13th|
+6/+1
|
+4
|
+4
|
+8
||

14th|
+7/+2
|
+4
|
+4
|
+9
|Rapid Music|

15th|
+7/+2
|
+5
|
+5
|
+9
|Angel's aura|

16th|
+8/+3
|
+5
|
+5
|
+10
||

17th|
+8/+3
|
+5
|
+5
|
+10
|Aura of faith +3|

18th|
+9/+4
|
+6
|
+6
|
+11
||

19th|
+9/+4
|
+6
|
+6
|
+11
||
10*

20th|
+10/+5
|
+6
|
+6
|
+12
|Tue Faith|
10*
[/table]
*Spells do not actually go up to 10th level, but some metamagic feats may bring a spell's level higher then 9th.

Class Features

Aura of Good (Ex)
The power of an angel song's aura of good is equal to her angel song level.

Honor of Angels
An angel song must abide by a certain code of honor. She must remain of the good alignment, never harm someone unless they threaten her or another good-aligned (or neutral, but innocent) being. She must never willingly tell a lie, place her trust in anyone who has not proven themselves untrustworthy, and simply do what she believes to be right.

Note that there are exceptions, and sometimes the code must be broken, the DM can rule if it was for an appropriate cause or not.

Any angel song who breaks this code of honor willingly loses all of her class abilities until she amends.

Spellsong
An Angel song casts divine spells, but in a different way then most classes. A number of times per day equal to her class level + her Cha modifier, she may attempt a Spellsong as a standard action. She chooses any number of spells (maximum her class level), and makes a perform check with a DC of 10 + the combined levels of all the spells. If she does, she instantly casts one of the spells that she selected. Then, so long as she doesn't stop singing/playing, she can use a standard action any time after that to cast another one of the chosen spells. Once a spell has been used during a spellsong, it may not be used again unless it was chosen more then once.

To cast a spell during a spellsong, an angel song must have a Charisma score equal to 10 + the spell's level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against an angel song's spell is10 + the spell level + the angel song's Charisma modifier.

Aura of Faith (Su)

At third level, an angle song's faith in good becomes so strong, that all allies within 10 ft. of her gain a +1 bonus to their AC, a +1 bonus to all saving throws, and additional +1 bonus to saves against fear, and a +1 bonus to any skill or ability checks.

At 10th level, and every seven levels after that, these bonuses increase by +1.

Rapid Music (Ex)
At 13th level, a angle song may spend two daily uses of her spellsong ability to start a spellsong as an immediate action.

Angel's Aura (Su)

At 15th level, an angel song's honor becomes so powerful, that everyone within 20 ft. must make a will save with a DC equal to 10 + her class level + her charisma modifier, if anyone fails the save, he cannot tell a lie while in within range. The DC for this check increases by 5 for every five feet closer then 20 ft. he is to her.

Anyone within 10 ft. of her must make a DC 10 + her class level + her charisma modifier will save, if anyone fails the save, they cannot willingly perform an evil act while within range. The DC for this check increases by 5 for every five feet closer then 10 ft. he is to her.

If a creature suceeeds the save for any of these affects, it does not need to make the save again unless it moves closer to the angel song, at which time it must make the save once again. If anything is effected by this ability, it may make a new save every 3 rounds to break hold from this ability.

True Faith (Ex)
At 20th level, an angle song's faith becomes absolute and unwavering. Her alignment cannot change, and all charisma-based checks attempting to change her attitude instantly fail.

Additionally, she, and all allies within 5 ft. of her are treated as though they were effected by the protection from evil spell.

Spells

0-level spells: Cure Minor Wounds, Light, Mending, Resistance, and Virtue.
1st-level spells: Bless, Bless Water, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Evil, Entropic Shield, Protection from Evil, Remove Fear, Sanctuary, and Shield of Faith.
2nd-level spells: Aid, Calm Emotions, Consecrate, Cure Moderate Wounds, Eagle's Splendor, Hold Person, Remove Paralysis, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Shield Other, and Zone of Truth.
3rd-level spells: Cure Serious Wounds, Daylight, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle against Evil, Prayer, Protection from Energy, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Remove Curse, and Remove Disease.
4th-level spells: Cure Critical Wounds, Freedom of Movement, and Neutralize Poison.
5th-level spells: Atonement, Break Enchantment, Mass Cure Light Wounds, ((Ray)) and Spell Resistance.
6th-level spells: Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, Greater Dispell Magic, Mass Eagle's Splendor, and Heal.
7th-level spells: Mass Cure Serious Wounds, Holy Word, Regenerate, and Repulsion.
8th-level spells: Mass Cure Critical Wounds and Holy Aura.
9th-level spells: Mass Heal, ((Judgement)), and Miracle.

Ray
Evocation [Good, Light]
Level: Hsg 5
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./level)
Target: 1 creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex Half
Spell Resistance: Yes

A ray of holy light falls from the sky (or the ceiling, or whatever) and strikes a single creature. If it strikes a neutral creature, it deals 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 15d6). If it strikes an evil creature, it deals 2d6 damage per caster level (maximum 30d6). If it strike a good creature, it heals that creature for 1d6 points of damage per 2 caster levels. (Maximum 10d6).

Holy Shield
Abjuration [Good, Light]
Level: Hsg ?
Range: Personal
Target: Self
Duration: 1 round

A shield of shimmering light appears around the caster, giving her a +1 to AC per caster level and spell resistance 30 for the duration of the round.

Judgement
Evocation [Good, Light]
Level: Hsg 9
Range: 30 ft.
Area: 30 ft. radius circle centered on you.
Duration: Concentration (up to 4 rounds)
Saving Throw: Reflex Half
Spell Resistance: Yes

Beams of holy light fall down randomly from the sky. Each round, every creature within 30 ft. of the caster rolls a d%, if they roll a 1-20, they are effected as though by the ray spell.

Thoughts/Suggestions? Please keep in mind that while the magic system seems a little unbalanced, they don't get nearly as many uses of spellsong as clerics do spells per day, and the spell selection is a lot more limited.

Maglor_Grubb
2007-03-17, 06:01 AM
So, this means I can cast unlimited 0-level spells, as long as I cast them one-after-the-other?

After battle, I just do spellsong for 99999 cure minor wounds and heal everything and it's uncle.

Other than that, I think the spellcasting is underpowered, since it's the only thing this class really gives. Give them some more different abilities.

Haedrian
2007-03-17, 07:22 AM
This sounds lyke something a Planetouched character would have, but I wouldn't imagine a normal (mundane) character having something like this

Crystall_Myr
2007-03-17, 02:06 PM
So, this means I can cast unlimited 0-level spells, as long as I cast them one-after-the-other?

After battle, I just do spellsong for 99999 cure minor wounds and heal everything and it's uncle.

Other than that, I think the spellcasting is underpowered, since it's the only thing this class really gives. Give them some more different abilities.

Yeah, except for the fact that that would take, oh, seven straight days of casting spells? Oh, and you'd have to be... uhh... level 99,999? I tried to balance that out.

@Haedrian: True, and that almost is my intention, but a "mundane" character might take this, such as an elf.

DracoDei
2007-05-07, 06:38 PM
DC on Angel's Aura increases too quick per level. Makes it impossible for evil creatures to attack anyone even if attacked (unlike Magic Circle Against Evil) or anything (although I guess if they get SR...).

I think the standard thing is to have level 0 spells count for 1/2 level in many calculations.

ZeroNumerous
2007-05-07, 06:48 PM
Uh, wrong. If the Angel Song attacked the evil character, they'd be able to defend themselves since defending yourself can't be an evil action(else everyone would be evil).

ZeroNumerous
2007-05-07, 07:02 PM
Uh, wrong. If the Angel Song attacked the evil character, they'd be able to defend themselves since defending yourself can't be an evil action(else everyone would be evil).