PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Frozen Wild Shape Feat Questions

The Inquisition
2014-10-14, 07:01 PM
I am in a 3.5 campaign, and I'm playing a neutral good human druid who is level 10. I have the feat Frozen Wild Shape, and I was wondering the best possible animal to turn myself into for damage was. I was focusing on an Urskan, but I noticed it is a magical beast, and I'm not sure if that's possible. This is just until I get to druid/15.
Thanks!

Necroticplague
2014-10-14, 07:58 PM
Cryohydra is a typical one. Lot of bites make for good damage, fast healing, and good target for Assume Supernatural Ability.

The Inquisition
2014-10-14, 08:12 PM
Cryohydra is a typical one. Lot of bites make for good damage, fast healing, and good target for Assume Supernatural Ability.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned pre-15, so then I could wild shape into huge ones like Cyrohydra.

eggynack
2014-10-14, 08:13 PM
You can indeed turn into an urskan, as frozen wild shape overrides the old limit on forms. If it didn't, then it would be utterly pointless. Not an especially useful set of forms though. To my knowledge, you just get the forms in the feat, plus the hoary steed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/hoaryHunter.htm#hoarySteed). Actually, hoary steed looks decent if you're not looking to get anything really special out of it. Maybe try that.

The Inquisition
2014-10-14, 08:15 PM
You can indeed turn into an urskan, as frozen wild shape overrides the old limit on forms. If it didn't, then it would be utterly pointless. Not an especially useful set of forms though. To my knowledge, you just get the forms in the feat, plus the hoary steed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/hoaryHunter.htm#hoarySteed). Actually, hoary steed looks decent if you're not looking to get anything really special out of it. Maybe try that.

Thank you very much.

eggynack
2014-10-14, 08:30 PM
Thank you very much.
No problem. I'm just glad that ridiculously obscure find from my great druid monster search awhile back finally saw some use.

The Inquisition
2014-10-14, 08:35 PM
No problem. I'm just glad that ridiculously obscure find from my great druid monster search awhile back finally saw some use.

But wow, that's really strong.

eggynack
2014-10-14, 08:41 PM
But wow, that's really strong.
It's certainly reasonable. Kinda reminds me of a desmodu hunting bat, minus the potential blindsense, plus some combat ability, and plus some arbitrary other stuff, like somewhat better flight/AC/maybe initiative, as well as enhance wild shape providing SR 20, DR 5/magic and cold iron, charm/hold immunity, and apparently the ability to bypass DR/magic. You don't get any combat maneuvers though, which is a bit of downer.

Karnith
2014-10-14, 08:42 PM
Also not mentioned in the feat is the Whitespawn Iceskidder from MMIV, though it's not exactly impressive.

eggynack
2014-10-14, 08:50 PM
Also not mentioned in the feat is the Whitespawn Iceskidder from MMIV, though it's not exactly impressive.
Right, forgot about that one. Not the most interesting list of creatures in the world, I gotta say.