PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet of War question

Shadowbite
2014-10-15, 02:20 AM
I had a question about the gauntlet of war magic item from Complete Champion. it reads "While you wear gauntlets of war, you gain a +1 bonus on melee
weapon damage. If you worship any deity that grants access to the War domain, this bonus increases to +3 with that deity’s favored weapon."

Does this mean that anyone worshiping a deity with the war domain get the +3 or do you (the character) have to have access to the war domain?

My second question is if anyone knows of a appropriate deity that has Great Sword as a favored weapon. I'm playing a evil Goliath Warblade that got turned into a vampire.

Deox
2014-10-15, 03:35 AM
The gauntlets in question refer to the deity granting access to the War domain. There is no indication that the worshiper must also have it.

Zarus (Races of Destiny) may fit (War domain and favored weapon: Greatsword).

Edit: Just noticed you said Goliath, so Zarus may not be the best fit. Surtur (lord of fire giants IIRC) is LE with greatsword. Iuz (CE, Complete Divine) is the only other deity that I can think of that meets war domain, greatsword and evil.

Ketiara
2014-10-15, 04:49 AM
The gauntlets in question refer to the deity granting access to the War domain. There is no indication that the worshiper must also have it.

Zarus (Races of Destiny) may fit (War domain and favored weapon: Greatsword).

Edit: Just noticed you said Goliath, so Zarus may not be the best fit. Surtur (lord of fire giants IIRC) is LE with greatsword. Iuz (CE, Complete Divine) is the only other deity that I can think of that meets war domain, greatsword and evil.

Surtur uses a greatsword in CD but a longsword in Dieties and Demigods... So talk to your DM before using that god.

Riculf
2014-10-15, 04:58 AM
I don't think Iuz has access to the War Domain.
From what I can find quickly the following may be able to give you Evil/War/Greatsword:

Lord of Blades LE (FoE)
Zarus LE (RoD)
Typhos LE (CWar)

Others like Surtur are close but his favoured weapon is the longsword

Source for this info is the Crystal Keep PDF's.

Hope this helps.

KillianHawkeye
2014-10-15, 05:05 AM
Complete Divine should surpass what was written in Deities & Demigods, because Deities & Demigods is a 3.0 book while the Complete series are all 3.5 edition.

Ketiara
2014-10-15, 07:33 AM
Complete Divine should surpass what was written in Deities & Demigods, because Deities & Demigods is a 3.0 book while the Complete series are all 3.5 edition.

oh I didnt realise Dieties and demigods was a 3.0, anyways when you look at his drawing in that book, id say it looks like a greatsword rather than a longsword.

Deox
2014-10-15, 08:02 AM
I don't think Iuz has access to the War Domain.

I could be mistaken, I thought Iuz did. I do recall having the greatsword as a favored weapon, however.

Shadowbite
2014-10-15, 11:26 AM
I'd never heard of Lord of Blades. What book is FoE?

Rubik
2014-10-15, 11:29 AM
I'd never heard of Lord of Blades. What book is FoE?Faiths of Eberron. The Lord of Blades is a warforged with a massive cult following among other warforged.

Marnath
2014-10-15, 11:35 AM
Faiths of Eberron. The Lord of Blades is a warforged with a massive cult following among other warforged.

It's kind of strange that he favors the greatsword since he actually carries a two-bladed sword (which is actually pictured with six blades, but whatever.)

Shadowbite
2014-10-15, 11:42 AM
Gotcha. Yeah not sure that the Lord of Blades would work for my character. I did some more digging and came across Kelanen, a deity of swords. He has the war domain but it's a little unclear what his favored weapon is. One list I saw said that it was "any sword" but not sure how correct that is.

LTwerewolf
2014-10-15, 11:45 AM
It's kind of strange that he favors the greatsword since he actually carries a two-bladed sword (which is actually pictured with six blades, but whatever.)

His followers just aren't very smart.

LoB: "Man this is my favorite weapon, it's a great sword."

F: "You heard him, guys! Favored weapon greatsword!"

LoB: "Wait, but... yeah sure."