PDA

View Full Version : How do Duskblade spells work?

Gamereaper
2014-10-15, 08:24 AM
From what I'm reading, they learn a new spell in every level they can cast. Does that mean they get:

22+INT 0 level spells known
22 1st level spells known
15 2nd level spells known
11 3rd level spells known
7 4th level spells known
4 5th level spells known

That doesn't seem right to me. Is this correct or is there an errata for this?

Gwendol
2014-10-15, 08:34 AM
No, they learn one spell from any level they can cast.

Each time you gain a new class level, you learn one additional spell of any level you can cast, chosen from the duskblade spell list.

Gamereaper
2014-10-15, 10:05 AM
No, they learn one spell from any level they can cast.

I'm not understanding that part of the text. At least it's not what I initially thought.

Are you saying

A) They gain a new spell every time they learn a new level of spells in each of the spell levels they can cast?

OR

B) They pick a spell, regardless of level and add it to their repitoire as long as they can cast it at that level?

lytokk
2014-10-15, 10:12 AM
I'm not understanding that part of the text. At least it's not what I initially thought.

Are you saying

A) They gain a new spell every time they learn a new level of spells in each of the spell levels they can cast?

OR

B) They pick a spell, regardless of level and add it to their repitoire as long as they can cast it at that level?

The answer is B. They only get 1 new spell every level, but it could be of any level they could cast. I honestly hadn't read it the way you had until you posted this question, but now that I look at it, it could be a little misleading.

Gamereaper
2014-10-15, 11:06 AM
The answer is B. They only get 1 new spell every level, but it could be of any level they could cast. I honestly hadn't read it the way you had until you posted this question, but now that I look at it, it could be a little misleading.

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a little confusing.