PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Worthless Investigator Talent

Doc_Maynot
2014-10-15, 10:57 AM
So, I recently got into a debate with a person about the new Investigator class.
Just to confirm is Inspired Intelligence truly as worthless as I believe it to be?

By default an investigator can add their inspiration die to any trained Knowledge, Linguistics, or Spellcraft check.
The talent Inspired Intelligence allows one to add it to the checks even if they are untrained, but doesn't remedy the fact that the checks cannot be made untrained in the first place, or is there some sort of errata or update for it?

Ilorin Lorati
2014-10-15, 11:23 AM
*throws yet another bit into the "ACG Pile of Bad Editing"*

LunaLovecraft
2014-10-16, 02:45 PM
Spellcraft is untrained and all knowledges are untrained for investigators.

At 3rd level, an investigator can attempt all Knowledge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/knowledge) skill checks untrained.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that's what they meant by it.

Now, do I think the talent is pretty lame? Yeah. But I mean, if you're hurting for skill points it might be useful. Minus the fact you're an int-based class with 6+Int skillpoints soooooo yeah.

But only linguistics is trained of the ones you brought up.

Diachronos
2014-10-16, 02:47 PM
Spellcraft is untrained and all knowledges are untrained for investigators.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that's what they meant by it.

Now, do I think the talent is pretty lame? Yeah. But I mean, if you're hurting for skill points it might be useful. Minus the fact you're an int-based class with 6+Int skillpoints soooooo yeah.

But only linguistics is trained of the ones you brought up.

Technically Knowledge skills are untrained, but if you don't have training in them you can't beat DC 10 so it might as well be a trained-only skill