PDA

View Full Version : Fuum's All Purpose Minions

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 07:43 AM
Fuum’s All Purpose Minions

Dwarves from all over town came last night to build it. Fuum’s bardic skills convinced them not to do it for gold, not that he didn’t give them every nickel he had, but to get back to there masonry roots! To build a structure that would be remembered for years to come!

Fuum was pretty pleased with his charisma roll too thanks.

The Map
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f152/Badger-Man/apm.png

1. This is the room accessible from the street; it is the general place of business, where minions are sold. It is very bright with dwarven blessing runes engraved into the wall.
2. This is Fuum’s abode; it is dark and hot, with silks hung from the ceiling and perfume wafting in the air. Here deals are made.
3. Inside this room are most of the minions, living out simple lives in magically shrunken form, inside reinforced glass cases with their natural habitat around them. It is noisy and the walls are wet to touch.
4. Behind the enchanted doors lurk the expensive minions, mere money can’t but these beasts, each one is rare and it’s doubtful there could be another just like it in town.
5. The petting zoo, harmless creatures and some runts from room 3 make there home here. The minions here have free reign of the shop and can be spotted all about the place, which Fuum doesn’t seem to mind one bit. They can’t be bought, but they can leave with you of there own accord.

NPC’s:
Hatha Odkin: if Fuum is not in the shop, Hatha the Green Hag will be in his place. She is a kind, motherly old hag, which speaks in an odd slang. She cackles in sea green.

Dwarves: Hiding around the corners, sleeping in the hallways, the dwarves have taking a liking to there latest building effort. Most know the ins and outs of the place and are happy to make a sale. They shout in dim grey.

So come on in, hang out and play with the fluff elementals or order a giant thunder-hound for your every guarding need.

I think it'll be more fun if you ask what kind of minion you want. like say a fast one, so I can "see what we have in stock" rather than walking in and asking for a Half-dragon dire wolf with barbarian levels.

Castaras
2007-03-17, 07:52 AM
Helen teleports in and heads over to Hatha.

What minions do you supply here?

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 07:58 AM
Hatha grins, showing her old, worn teeth, "Well deary, we've gots a load of Dire Bats just in from some world called Gladdsganger. Loyal, full o' smarts and make great guards, ten gold coins each I fink. You also may want some o' dem liquid mercury golems we got, real costly though...I don't fink you'd want 'em.

Castaras
2007-03-17, 08:06 AM
Hmm...ok. Anywhere I can view the goods?

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 08:09 AM
"Sure...sure.", Hatha turns to a dwarf slumped in the corner "Be a dear and take this customer to room 3."

The dwarf shuffles to his feet and motions to Helen to follow him.

Castaras
2007-03-17, 08:12 AM
Helen follows the dwarf.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 08:18 AM
The dwarf fumbles for the key to the door and eventually opens it, warmth hitting them both as they enter.
"As you can see..." he yawns "This is where we keep them. From what I hear Fuum has charms on all of them into service and Hatha shrinks them so they all can stay in this room." He taps a case holding miniture bears.

Castaras
2007-03-17, 08:21 AM
Helen looks up and down the aisles.

Any undead or demons here?

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 08:29 AM
"A few" he says while rubbing his eyes, "But most demons are intelligent says Fuum, so we wont buy any."
The dwarf struggles to reach a case at the far end of the room and then carries it to Helen.
"That said...these might be your thing, can't be sold seperatly Fuum says."

Inside the case, sat silently in snow and bones is two off-white horned demons with jagged teeth and black, empty eyes.

"Says there really evil, whats them off his hands. Oh, and they are both twelve foot when the Hatha's spells are taken off."

Castaras
2007-03-17, 08:30 AM
Helen peers at the demons.

Look good enough for me. How much for the pair?

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 08:34 AM
"Um.", the dwarf takes in a deep breathe until his face is bright red, "HOW MUCH FOR THE MINOR GELUGONS FUUM?"
A mumbled noise is heard in the distance that Helen can't quite hear.
"Twenty gold coins or sixteen bags of rice."

Saurous
2007-03-17, 08:35 AM
Ctrazt steps into the store, keeping his head low. He heads over to Hatha.

You, Hag, what minions do you supply?

A small worm-like creature on his neck pulses slightly.

Castaras
2007-03-17, 08:36 AM
Helen concentrates, and 6 bags of rice appear in front of her.

That enough?

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 08:42 AM
Ctrazt steps into the store, keeping his head low. He heads over to Hatha.

You, Hag, what minions do you supply?

A small worm-like creature on his neck pulses slightly.

Hatha laughs, "Well sweetheart, we've just got some dire bats. Not that we want rid o' 'em, no no no, but maybe you'd like 'em? Or perhaps a cheap pack of pixies and nixies is your thing, great for parties dem wee thingies."

Helen concentrates, and 16 bags of rice appear in front of her.

That enough?

"Should be, funny man that Fuum. Well I hope they serve you well, take them to Hatha or Fuum and they're all yours."
The dwarf leads Helen out of the room and locks it.

Saurous
2007-03-17, 08:44 AM
Ctrazt stands there silently for a moment, and then speaks.

Do you have anything with very sharp teeth?

Castaras
2007-03-17, 08:46 AM
Helen takes the box of two demons over to Hatha.

I've made my purchase. Give me my demons.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 08:49 AM
Hatha grins, "For a price of fifty gold, you could have something called the Beast with a Thousand Teeth. I caught it long ago.
A dwarf appears behind Ctrazt, "I'll show you it laddie, if you got the cash."

Saurous
2007-03-17, 08:52 AM
Ctrazt looks behind him, eyeing the dwarf warily. The thing on his neck glows slightly, and Ctrazt reaches into his bag. He pulls out some platinum and gold pieces. Five platinum, and about five gold.

Will this cover it?

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 08:53 AM
Hatha turns to Helen, "Well you takes good care of 'em deary, and make sure they are always at least twenty steps from each other."
The case vanishes and the demons grow and grow until they tower above Hatha, Hatha grins at them. Then they turn to Helen. Blank eyes staring.
"Off you go then."

Castaras
2007-03-17, 08:55 AM
Helen teleports the two demons away. She looks at Ctrazt with faint recognition, before fading away as well.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 08:56 AM
Hatha eyes Ctrazt, "Hmmm, perhaps. Yes." Hatha giggles.

The dwarf marches off calling behind him, "Come on lad, quick."

Saurous
2007-03-17, 08:57 AM
Ctrazt looks back at Hatha. His eye twitches, and then he quickly follows the dwarf.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 09:02 AM
Dwarf keeps a steady march never look back at Ctrazt.
The Dwarf swiftly opens the door to room three, stomps through without giving Ctrazt a chance to look around and walks to room 4. He stands by the enchanted door, key in one hand and now a sword in the other.
"Ready?"

Saurous
2007-03-17, 09:06 AM
Um...yes?

Ctrazt draws a staff. It has a blade on one end.

So, it's safe to say that this isn't exactly a tame monster?

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 09:12 AM
"No." he frowns, "And its not the only one in there."
The dwarf turns the key in the keyhole and pulls the door back. A freezing wind nearly knocks them both back as they enter.
A bright flash of light races past Ctrazt head howling!
"Duck!"

Saurous
2007-03-17, 09:22 AM
Wha-?

Ctrazt hits the deck.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 09:31 AM
"Looks like the Archonettes have escaped! Again.", the ball of light stops mid-flight and blasts a ray of energy at the dwarf, who narrowly dodges. Mere centimetres from Ctrazt head inside a cage is a blue goblin-like beast with a huge open jaw, it sways from side to side silently pointing at him.
"Listen lad, in the right corner of the room is a red orb. Grab it and then lets get of this blasted place!"

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 09:32 AM
Rakil enters and Plendex planeshifts in.
We're looking for minions.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 09:36 AM
Fuum wanders up to Rakil an Plendex, "Welcome! What do you have in mind? Perhaps dire bats? They're quiet impressive!"

Saurous
2007-03-17, 09:45 AM
Ctrazt nods, and holds out his hand. His hand moves into a small portal, and a similar portal appears near the orb. His hand pops out of the portal, and picks up the orb. He pulls his hand back out, holding the orb.

I was wondering if he could do that...

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 09:48 AM
We were looking for something a bit more deadly.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 09:53 AM
The Dwarf lets out a ancient battle cry as he boots a Archonette, "We've got to find a good way to store these things! He turns around, "Er, that was quick lad, good going!"The dwarf grabs him by the arm and leaps out of the room, kicking it shut moments later.
"All my years as a rouge, now look at me, nearly killed in a shop!"
He marches back to Hatha, "Come on!"

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 09:59 AM
We were looking for something a bit more deadly.

Fuum raises a eyebrow, "Oh they are, very deadly bats!" Fuum senses he's loosing them, "Well, that said in room three we have just the thing, brown basilisks. Bred by my good self, they take orders well and of course they have all the famous powers you may be familier with."
"I will personally take you to them, and for you, each one is thirty three gold coins."

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 10:02 AM
Rakil smirks and shows a belt made of basalisk skin.
So you have nothing stronger?

Saurous
2007-03-17, 10:03 AM
Ctrazt follows the dwarf.

What exactly does this orb do?

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 10:06 AM
"Nothing stronger?", Fuum laughs, "Well, in room four of the store we keep...more interesting minions. I could take you there right away, but the prices are high.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 10:07 AM
I don't think price will be an issue. Let's move.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 10:14 AM
Ctrazt follows the dwarf.

What exactly does this orb do?

Hatha fades into view slowly, "The orb is the beast. When you say the command, the orb transforms into a huge monster covered in blades and with a mouth large enough to devour a man whole, filled with razor sharp fangs. On my home world it was used as a punishment for crimes against the Hag Queen. The Hag Queen is, needless to say, dead."

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 10:17 AM
I don't think price will be an issue. Let's move.

They move swiftly to the room, passing Hatha and a customer along the way. A dwarf tells him that some minions are loose, but Fuum just pats him on the shoulder and keeps walking.
The enchanted door of room four opens for Fuum and he enters. Fuum soflty says "Come, gentlemen, have a good look, see anything you like?" as some bright Archonettes drift about his head

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 10:18 AM
((What's in there?))

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 10:24 AM
((Lots of chained up monsters, weird mixed ones like a half-white dragon horse or a twelve armed ogre that can plane shift. Just think of one or I'll make one up ;D ))

Dartonus
2007-03-17, 10:28 AM
A cloaked man wearing a red angry mask walks in.
I'm looking for something that can chase away both a psychotic Orc who's laying siege to us and the police. What do you have?

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 10:28 AM
((How about...*picks up MM* a female Half-Red Dragon Half-drow werewolf?))

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 10:36 AM
A cloaked man wearing a red angry mask walks in.
I'm looking for something that can chase away both a psychotic Orc who's laying siege to us and the police. What do you have?

A dwarf strides up and bellows, "IN ROOOOM 3 WE HAVE WHAT IS KNOWN AS A DIRE SHIFTER. IT IS BIIIIG AND STRONG AND CAN TEL-EEE-PORT ITS SELF OR A TARRR-GITED FOE. IT COSTS NINE GOLD COINS. OVER AND OUT." she then grabs the mans hand and runs to the room.

((How about...*picks up MM* a female Half-Red Dragon Half-drow werewolf?))

"Ah, gentlemen, look!" Fuum points to a huge iron box. "Inside is a terrifing horror, reviled from here to the Underdark. She is known only as Red Howler. Even the Driders fear her. She is a horror to horrors and she is only two hundred gold coins!"
Fuum places the Archonettes in a glass case.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 10:40 AM
Rakil looks intrigued while Plendex looks bored
We'll take her.
Rakil places a bag with 20 platinum inside.

Dartonus
2007-03-17, 10:41 AM
The cloaked man pays, then asks,
Do you have any red dragon DNA? what about Girallon, Tarrasque, Bluespawn burrower, or Mind flayer DNA? Or do you have A creaure that is a cross between them? my master is looking out for those.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 10:48 AM
The cloaked man pays, then asks,
Do you have any red dragon DNA? what about Girallon, Tarrasque, Bluespawn burrower, or Mind flayer DNA? Or do you have A creaure that is a cross between them? my master is looking out for those.

The dwarf twitches, "DEE EN AAII? DENAI?" the dwarf begins breathing heavy, "YOU WHAT!"
the dwarf quickly shoves a glass case into the hands of the man. Inside is a miniture Dire Shifter. It teleports from a tiny tree to a rock and peers up at the man.
"TAKE THIS TO FUUM OR HATHA AT THE FRONT DESK AND IT WILL BE MADE INTO A FULL SIZED MINION. OVER AND OUT!"
she then stands to attention.

Dartonus
2007-03-17, 10:50 AM
Okay then.
He walks to the front desk, gets it changed, and leaves.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 10:58 AM
Rakil waits for the box
((What class is she?))

Baeleck
2007-03-17, 11:04 AM
Mychasi enters the building, looking around the place.

Hmm... interesting.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 11:04 AM
((Rouge6 on a count of her dragon side wanting gold, Barabrian6 because shes pretty much alway full of rage. Rouge8/Barbarian6 lets say))

With a flick of the wrist the a key appears in his hand which he hands to one of the men.
"The key, it opens the box and controls the beast within it."
The box begins floating.
"The box with go with you, pray you mean your foe true harm when you release her."

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 11:05 AM
Rakil nods and OPENS THE BOX!

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 11:06 AM
A tiny dwarf appears between Mychasi's legs, "Lets go to the petting zoo!"
The dwarf pulls on his clothes.

Baeleck
2007-03-17, 11:07 AM
Say WHAT now!?!? Petting zoo!

He flies back a little way, looking at the dwarf.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 11:10 AM
A deafening scream is heard as the box opens and the Red Howler jumps foreward, black tar weeping from its burning eyes and heat filling the room.
"Γειάσου πώς είστε; αυτός ο τρόπος παρακαλώ!"
Then she stops moving.
Fuum frowns, "Its lucky this place is enchanted, now take her outside." Fuums eyes shine brightly and the other beasts of the room begin shouting, "Now."

Baeleck
2007-03-17, 11:12 AM
Mychasi covers his ears with his wings at the sound of the scream.

And I thought my roaring was bad!

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 11:13 AM
Rakil looks unfazed.
Bind.
She freezes up, unable to move.
Does she have an acual name?
((Also, I made her an angry Ranger. Rogue+Barbarian=Ranger))

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 11:19 AM
Mychasi covers his ears with his wings at the sound of the scream.

And I thought my roaring was bad!

"That doesn't matter! What matters is I can't reach the door knobs to get into the petting zoo and they have fluff elementals!"

Rakil looks unfazed.
Bind.
She freezes up, unable to move.
Does she have an acual name?
((Also, I made her an angry Ranger. Rogue+Barbarian=Ranger))

"You couldn't say it, you don't have the tounge for it. Its μεγάλα ψάρια, but you can name her if you wish, she cares little for names."

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 11:21 AM
((How do you do that with your keyboard?))
Alright then. Follow.
She follows him. Rakil opens the petting zoo door for Mychasi and the dwarf on his way out.

Baeleck
2007-03-17, 11:22 AM
What, so you want me, the customer to help you? Hell, I'd probably just set those fluff elementals on fire! Don't you have footstools around here?

Mychasi, unimpressed with the shop and its staff, ventures back outside.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-17, 11:27 AM
"But, but!" then the dwarf spots the open door and heads inside.
A stray fluff elemental softly rolls out and travels around a corner.

((Its a secret to everybody Raistlin1040.))

J_Muller
2007-03-17, 02:48 PM
((Hmm... tiny monsters... made into larger ones... Power Rangers!))

Saurous
2007-03-17, 04:09 PM
The dead time zone around Ctrazt goes away, and he heads for the door.