PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Building a bat-cave: help with prices for components and stuff please

Jowgen
2014-10-15, 02:49 PM
So, I got an Enveloping Pit and want to build my own batcave.

Stronghold builder's guidebook has cool stuff to add, but seems rather overpriced in terms of common stuff. Cityscape has prices for buying houses in cities, wherein a mansion in 2d8 x 1000 gp, which is chaper but not specific on what you get.

So, I decided to micro-manage the construction of -what is effectively- this cozy little 10 x 10 x 50 ft tower in an extradimensional space. What I mainly need are prices/details for common building materials and labour costs/times.

To re-iterate, I do not want to use Stronghold Builder's Guidebook, but build using a lego-brick type system.

The design:

The enveloping pit is split into 6 levels, each a 7 ft high space with slightly more than 1 ft thick ceiling. There are supporting pillars at each outer grid intersection, which are interconnected with supporting beams. On each level is a hidden trapdoor (Search DC 35) that leads below with a ladder. The top layer is meant to serve as a buffer and bunker to keep others out of my crib.

Raw materials:

How much is simple plain wood? Per lb? Per cubic foot?
Is there anything in the rules as to how much weight a certain volume of wood (e.g. a 2 inch thick 5x2x2 board, or 1 ft thick beam) can support?
What about using steel/mithral plates to reinforce certain parts?

How thin and heavy would a sheet of adamantine for protection of the top layer have to be?

Interior:

How costly is common furninture, like beds and such?
How much would decorative furniture, like statues and display cases, cost?

Workforce:

How long would this thing take to build?
How much would hiring the nessecary ammount of expert/master carpenters cost?
Or:
How hard.cstly would it be to find a guy with a Lyre of Building hand have him play for a couple of hours?

Making it awesome:

Are there any cheap but awesome fixtures that I should definently have somewhere?

Any input much appreciated. :smallsmile: