PDA

View Full Version : Meta-Blade, ToB + Psionics [Prc]

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-17, 07:55 AM
Meta-Blade
Meta-Blades are a group of Psychic Warriors who have discovered the art of using combining Blade Magic with the power of the mind

Requirements
Psionics: Ability to manifest second level powers
Maneuovers: Knowledge of at least 2 maneuovers
Feats: Psionic Weapon, a single Meta-Psionic Feat

Skills
Auto-hypnosis (Wis), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Psicraft (Int), Martial Lore (Int).
2 + Int modifier per level

Class Features

Psionic Maneuovre: You may regain spent Martial Maneuovers as a free action by spending your psionic focus.

Maximise Maneuovre: When using a Martial Maneuovre that deals a random variable in damage you may expend your psionic focus and pay 4 power points in order to maximize the damage dealt by that Maneuovre.

Quicken Maneuovre: By expending your Psionic Focus and paying 6 power points you may use any maneuovre that normally takes an attack action to activate as a swift action.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Powers/Maneuovers

1st|
+1
|
+2
|
+2
|
+2
|Psionic Maneuver|+1 level of existing manifesting class and +1 level of existing maneuver class

2nd|
+2
|
+3
|
+3
|
+3
|Maximise Maneuver |+1 level of existing manifesting class or +1 level of existing maneuver class

3rd|
+3
|
+3
|
+3
|
+3
|Quicken Maneuver|+1 level of existing manifesting class and +1 level of existing maneuver class[/table]

Any comments?

Balesirion
2007-03-17, 01:03 PM
It looks fairly good to me, although a bit overpowered, though I'm not really qualified to comment.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-17, 02:06 PM
It looks fairly good to me, although a bit overpowered, though I'm not really qualified to comment.

Which part is overpowered? It's weaker than most Theurge classes since it only gets 2 levels of +1/+1 casting and the class features are very similar to what you can do with Metapsionics.

One thing is the all good saves. I should probably change it but I couldn't think what save it would be good at.

The Exile
2007-03-17, 04:56 PM
Why is it only 3 levels? From the concept I expected at least a 5-level PrC.

Personally, I would add a BAB requirement, extend it to (at least) 5 levels, and give it some nifty abilities of its very own. For saves, my instinct is to give it good Fort and Will, with a poor Ref.