PDA

View Full Version : "Bite of" spells

Asteron
2014-10-15, 04:19 PM
When a PC is under the effects of the "Bite of" spells, does he/she have to use the natural attacks listed there? It says you don't get any iterative attacks in the spell descriptions, but part of me thinks that is just for those using the natural attacks.

Background: I'm playing a Monk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?226857-3-5-The-Retooled-Monk-Strikes-Back-now-with-150-more-complexity!)//Wizard/Enlightened Fist going into Incantatrix. I want to cast one of them on myself and still be fine to use my unarmed strike but I got hung up on the wording of the spell.

Fax Celestis
2014-10-15, 04:23 PM
The text is poorly phrased. What it's trying to say is that the natural attacks provided by the spell act identically to other natural attacks, and do not function like manufactured attacks. As always, YMMV, AYDM.

Asteron
2014-10-15, 04:26 PM
The text is poorly phrased. What it's trying to say is that the natural attacks provided by the spell act identically to other natural attacks, and do not function like manufactured attacks. As always, YMMV, AYDM.

Thanks. I was heading in that direction, but the 8000ish liters of snot in my head is really impairing my cognitive abilities atm...

LTwerewolf
2014-10-15, 05:26 PM
The only argument that anyone could (and I don't condone the argument) make is that the natural attacks make you lose your regular limbs, and thus can't use manufactured weapons. Since it doesn't say this nor would it be against what I believe to be the spirit of the spell, and the fact that were-creatures themselves in hybrid form can use manufactured weapons I would say it's as normal for a were-creature.