PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Paladins magic items

ReD_Exorcist
2014-10-15, 09:11 PM
So quick if a Paladin began with a 500 gold worth magic item what would be good to choose?
Another question, if a human has full plate armor and wore longstider boots would that put his movement speed back to a 30ft?

OldTrees1
2014-10-15, 09:38 PM
If Longstrider boots do what the Longstrider spell does(+10 enhancement bonus to speed), then they would increase your speed from 30ft to 40ft before your armor decreased it back to 30ft.

I would choose one of:
A Restful Crystal(sleep in masterwork armor for no penalty)[500gp]
A Revelation Crystal(invisible creatures hit by your masterwork weapon shine just enough light to pinpoint their location for 1 round)[400gp]
Quall's Feather Token(Tree)(5-foot diameter trunk, 60-foot height, 40-foot top diameter)[400gp]
500 gold coins(saved for a better item)

ReD_Exorcist
2014-10-15, 10:09 PM
Do you know of any feats that give Paladins domain spells?

OldTrees1
2014-10-16, 01:10 AM

No I don't. Is there a specific spell in question?

T.G. Oskar
2014-10-16, 01:57 AM

Off the top of my mind, Winter's Champion (3.5, Frostburn) grants spells from the Cold and Winter domains to your list. No other feat grants similar traits. Pathfinder doesn't have an equivalent feat, but it does have the Sacred Servant archetype and you can expand your spell list with Unsanctioned Knowledge.

Also, a minor trifle: might help if you clear out what system you use, since you might end up with answers that might not apply. It also helps if you mention whether your table uses rules from both games or not. That can give you a better answer.

Gwendol
2014-10-16, 02:06 AM
Everlasting rations (350 gold) is a good choice. Seconding restful crystal for not having to don armor when ambushed while resting.