PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cross-class spell help

Alchemyre
2014-10-16, 03:49 AM
I'm playing a gestalt game, using wordcasting. I either need a way to get Named Bullet onto a Cleric, or to get the Res word (Revive, maybe? something like that) onto an Inquisitor. Preferably the latter. Suggestions, please? Thanks in advance.

avr
2014-10-16, 04:19 AM
Won't help with the latter, but here's something to show you the ways of doing the former: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?296803-Pathfinder-mini-guide-Casting-spells-from-other-lists

Serafina
2014-10-16, 09:59 AM
Actually the methods in the linked guide are valid for wordcasters too.

The general guideline for wordcasters is "if an effect allows you to learn a nonspecific spell, you learn a word instead. If the effect names a specific spell, you get that spell despite being a wordcaster."
At least thats the only interpretation consistent with wordcasters being able to trigger spelltrigger items with spells on their spell list, and how bloodline/domain/patron spells work.

Whether that interpretation is also valid for adding spells to your spell list is up to your GM, theres just not ruling on it.

If the GM allows it, Dreamed Secrets (Champions of Corruption) would allow a Cleric to cast named Bullet. Have fun worshipping Cthulu!
If he doesn't, i see no way for a Cleric to cast that spell outside a custom domain.

The Samsaran Mystic Past Life racial trait can add a bunch of words to your list. As far as i can see, that is the only way to get words onto the Inquisitor-list. If your campaign is mythic, it'd work for humans/half-elves via mythic racial heritage, too.

Also, a trick to cast spells despite being a wordcaster:
Be a spontaneous caster and grab pages of spell knowledge/spell lattices. Since those contain a specific spell (so you'd have a "Page of Spell Knowledge (Named Bullet) ") you get the ability to cast those spells, comparable to getting it from a bloodline (provided the spell is on your list). For bonus points, with Craft Wondrous Items you can craft them yourself - you can craft items as long as they are not spell-trigger/completion items, which those two are not :smallwink:

Sounds cheesy, but can actually be fluffed well as you doing research to put together a more complex spell from general principles (which words of power are supposed to be after all).