PDA

View Full Version : Haley's boots

Ron Miel
2014-10-16, 07:57 AM
In the last arc, Haley had her boots of speed dyed to match her armour.

In the current arc, she has borrowed a darker suit of armour. Her boots are the same colour.

Is she no longer using the boots of speed? Or has she found time to dye them again? Enquiring minds want to know.

brian 333
2014-10-16, 01:14 PM
Haley is contractually obligated to change her suit every book. Being an adventurer, she wouldn't drop a magic item unless a better one for that slot became available. So we have to retroactively assume she was able to dye her boots to match her new armor while on the Mechane, unless it's shown somewhere that she got new boots with the armor.

brian 333
2014-10-16, 01:16 PM
P.S. When do the action figures come out? The miniatures are great, but I want some 1:6 scale articulatable action figures!

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-10-16, 02:43 PM
I'm assuming that either she was somehow able to dye them again, or that Bandana lent her a pair that was better and that matched.

evileeyore
2014-10-17, 12:09 AM
P.S. When do the action figures come out? The miniatures are great, but I want some 1:6 scale articulatable action figures!
I'm sure Mr. Burlew is in talks with McFarlane as we speak...

Aron Times
2014-10-17, 03:38 AM
I'm sure Mr. Burlew is in talks with McFarlane as we speak...

For a moment there, I thought you meant Seth McFarlane. Animated Order of the Stick? With Brian Griffin's voice (Seth McFarlane's normal voice) as Roy Greenhilt? :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek::smalleek::smallcool ::smallbiggrin:

evileeyore
2014-10-17, 10:26 AM
For a moment there, I thought you meant Seth McFarlane. Animated Order of the Stick? With Brian Griffin's voice (Seth McFarlane's normal voice) as Roy Greenhilt? :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek::smalleek::smallcool ::smallbiggrin:
Heh. That would be funny. Weird, but funny.

I can picture Roy v Thog as a Chicken Fight...

littlebum2002
2014-10-17, 11:58 AM
I totally misread the title of this thread.

Anyway, I think she upgraded. Adventurers don't usually carry around dye.

evileeyore
2014-10-17, 12:51 PM
I totally misread the title of this thread.
You ain't the only one. I came in here expecting a much perkier topic... :smallwink:

brian 333
2014-10-17, 01:35 PM

I'm going to write a note to Mister McFarlane right now! This is genius!

Plus, Seth Green as Belkar would be classic, and Mila Kunis as Haley...

thisisnotspam
2014-10-17, 05:55 PM
So would Elan have Peter's Stewie's or Quagmire's voice?

Should we stick to commenting about boots?

evileeyore
2014-10-17, 11:16 PM
Should we stick to commenting about boots?
I say letter shift the convo to boobs.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-10-18, 07:56 AM
I say letter shift the convo to boobs.

For some reason, I don't think that conversation would do well.

Rogar Demonblud
2014-10-18, 10:45 AM
How about we discuss books instead?

Which is your favorite OOTS book, and why?

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-10-18, 10:50 AM
How about we discuss books instead?

Which is your favorite OOTS book, and why?

If we want to do that, we should probably just make a new thread, rather than continuing to derail this one.

martianmister
2014-10-20, 06:45 PM
How about Haley's loot (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0029.html)s?

zimmerwald1915
2014-10-20, 07:02 PM
We could talk about Haley's coots, the grouchy old men she has running around doing her bidding.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Ian, Geoff, and the rest of the Doom Patrol are faring?

Lexible
2014-10-20, 11:09 PM
So would Elan have Peter's Stewie's or Quagmire's voice?

For some reason I am totally hearing comic artist/animator/quilting genius Nina Paley (http://www.sitasingstheblues.com) do the voice of Elan. She can nail goofily good natured and guileless really well, plus she can do tragic Elan quite well also.

And to nip it in the bud: (A) animation voice talent often crosses genders, and (B) darn any gender essentialist horse puckey to heck.

Lexible
2014-10-20, 11:36 PM

Ix-nay on the Oots-lay, before Elanway indsfay out! Only one ell you tea EEE! player here.

Also: "oots-lay" Tee hee! I see what I did there...

Jay R
2014-10-21, 07:20 AM
In the last arc, Haley had her boots of speed dyed to match her armour.

In the current arc, she has borrowed a darker suit of armour. Her boots are the same colour.

Is she no longer using the boots of speed? Or has she found time to dye them again? Enquiring minds want to know.

She dyed them. If it is neither funny nor plot-relevant, it won't be shown.

littlebum2002
2014-10-21, 08:11 AM
Does Haley have any bolts we can talk about? Or boats?

snowblizz
2014-10-24, 03:02 AM
She dyed them. If it is neither funny nor plot-relevant, it won't be shown.

For what 700? 800? (from before the comic started) strips she's been lugging around those green boots without using them because of the colour.
Can't do a long joke like that without people going "huh?" when (if, which is the question really) you abandon the premise right after.

Keltest
2014-10-24, 07:16 AM
For what 700? 800? (from before the comic started) strips she's been lugging around those green boots without using them because of the colour.
Can't do a long joke like that without people going "huh?" when (if, which is the question really) you abandon the premise right after.

They were dyed once already, and she then used them. You can tell because they still turned green when she activated their magic. I see no reason for Rich to write essentially the same scene in again. If you need a headcanon, they probably had some dye on the ship.

Jay R
2014-10-24, 07:38 AM

And in all that time, they were only mentioned when it was funny. We saw them being dyed when it was plot relevant.

You may say, "Huh?" all you like. I still don't think Rich will write an uninteresting strip.

Rogar Demonblud
2014-10-24, 11:45 AM
If you need a headcanon, they probably had some dye on the ship.

Of course they have dye. It helps with all of Julio's wardrobe changes.

breathandpaper
2014-10-25, 05:06 PM
They were dyed once already, and she then used them. You can tell because they still turned green when she activated their magic. I see no reason for Rich to write essentially the same scene in again. If you need a headcanon, they probably had some dye on the ship.

Can you link to when they turned green? I don't remember that.

Keltest
2014-10-25, 05:08 PM

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0928.html) Is an example. There are probably others, but im colorblind enough that finding them would be more effort than its worth.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-10-25, 05:10 PM

She used them here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0928.html).

breathandpaper
2014-10-26, 04:18 PM
She used them here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0928.html).

That's awesome, thanks.

Killer Angel
2014-10-27, 08:05 AM

mmm...
he could be involved in this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?380083-Order-of-the-Stick-the-Abridged-Series) "project". :smallwink:

2014-10-27, 05:57 PM
Does Haley have any bolts we can talk about? Or boats?

Maybe we could talk about the action scenes she's in and call it "Haley's bouts."