PDA

View Full Version : [Incarnum] Spells Targeting Soulmelds

Rubik
2014-10-16, 12:16 PM
I don't know if I missed it in the rules text somewhere, but (aside from Dispelling and Disjunction) can soulmelds be directly targeted by spells, such as Invisibility, Sequester, and Prestidigitation? Are they affected by the spells cast on you? Can they be damaged? I don't think the latter is doable, but I'm not entirely sure about the rest of it.

Psyren
2014-10-16, 12:30 PM
"A shaped soulmeld acts as a normal object that might be worn, such as boots, armor, or a robe except for the following: they cannot be removed from the individual wearing them, they cannot be damaged except as specifically noted and they don't have a weight (though they can restrict movement, thus giving an armor check penalty if applicable)."

Thus by RAW, yes, you can target them with invisibility. Sequester however would do nothing, because that would count as "removing them from the individual." Prestidigitation can clean or soil them, though the saving throw (whatever it is) might apply.

SiuiS
2014-10-16, 12:32 PM
Aye. Soulmelds are best viewed as "I cast a spell that lasts 24 hours and this weird object is the visual effect of that spell" when trying to decide if they're objects or effects or what. It's more viscerally accurate than puzzling through their weirdness.

Rubik
2014-10-16, 12:36 PM
"A shaped soulmeld acts as a normal object that might be worn, such as boots, armor, or a robe except for the following: they cannot be removed from the individual wearing them, they cannot be damaged except as specifically noted and they don't have a weight (though they can restrict movement, thus giving an armor check penalty if applicable)."

Thus by RAW, yes, you can target them with invisibility. Sequester however would do nothing, because that would count as "removing them from the individual."Why would that count as "removing them from the individual"? All Sequester does is make an object invisible, even to True Seeing.

Prestidigitation can clean or soil them, though the saving throw (whatever it is) might apply.It can also change the color, in case you're sick of everything being blue all the time.

Psyren
2014-10-16, 12:40 PM
Why would that count as "removing them from the individual"? All Sequester does is make an object invisible, even to True Seeing.

Derp. I totally confused that with Imprisonment. Yeah Sequester should work; it would be no different than sequestering your armor or shield.

Rubik
2014-10-16, 12:51 PM
That being settled, what would you consider to be the best spells (and psionic powers) to target your soulmelds with? I rather like taking the Ghostly Grasp feat, casting Persisted Ghostform on myself (and all my items) and affecting all my soulmelds and most of my equipment with Chained Sequester. Add some truedeath crystals to my weapons and make my armor out of serren wood or jade, and suddenly I've got Schrödinger's ghost, where I count as corporeal or incorporeal simultaneously, and all of my soulmelds (and clothing) are invisible and incorporeal.

Who needs visible clothing when your physical stats and Charisma are all sky-high?

Chronos
2014-10-16, 01:06 PM
Who needs visible clothing when your physical stats and Charisma are all sky-high?
Talya, is that you? :smallsmile:

Rubik
2014-10-16, 01:10 PM
Talya, is that you? :smallsmile:Nyet, but beyond practical concerns, the idea of clothing is kind of ridiculous.