PDA

View Full Version : Half breed races...an Idea

Fwiffo86
2014-10-16, 04:59 PM
I sort of had this idea about half-breed races. Half-elf, half-orc...

Basically it boils down to this, give options for racial abilities to pick from.

Half-elf:
the same except.... choose - Darkvision or Proficiency on Perception (i think that's the ability)

Basically, it means that your "heritage" isn't guaranteed to provide X ability. Just a common selection of abilities to choose from on creation.

EvilAnagram
2014-10-16, 05:06 PM
So that way you're underpowered and no one wants to pick a half-anything?

Fwiffo86
2014-10-16, 05:13 PM
So that way you're underpowered and no one wants to pick a half-anything?

How is having options to choose from make you underpowered? If you are thinking I proposed ONLY those two choices, you are incorrect. I saw no need to post the rest of the racial bonuses inherent in the race. Just the ones that "could" be genetic options.

EvilAnagram
2014-10-16, 05:15 PM
Oh wait, so you're suggesting that a Half-Elf should get to trade in HE traits for hHuman or Elf traits?

Fwiffo86
2014-10-16, 05:26 PM
Oh wait, so you're suggesting that a Half-Elf should get to trade in HE traits for hHuman or Elf traits?

Not what I was thinking, but I think that's an even better idea. If done properly.

I was thinking of selecting traits of Humans and Elves (not all of them) that a Half Elf can choose from. Say pick 2 from this list and then you get these things too (ex) stat bump.