PDA

View Full Version : Was the Windrider Class Updated?

Kevingway
2014-10-16, 05:57 PM
The Windrider class from Masters of the Wild is listed in the Mount Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=25.0) as an amazing way to progress a mount. However, I'm unsure if this class was ever truly updated in 3.5; if it was, then I obviously can't take levels in it. If it wasn't, then holy wow.

Does anybody know for sure what its status is?

Edit: By "updated" I also mean converted into another class in 3.5, such as how many 3.0 classes are unusable because of the Exotic Weapon Master being said to have taken their places.

Blackhawk748
2014-10-16, 06:07 PM
IIRC no, it was never updated in actuality or in spirit. SO have fun destroying everything with your super mount

Kevingway
2014-10-16, 06:21 PM
IIRC no, it was never updated in actuality or in spirit. SO have fun destroying everything with your super mount

Certainly wouldn't try to break anything with it. I just enjoy that I don't have to scrounge around for something that grants a Special Mount to be able to have a decently workable mount at all. Windrider has enough non-Paladin flavor to suit my fancy perfectly.

On that note, I'm wondering how bonus HD affect what level of cohort you're allowed to have. Do they play into the equation, or are they "bonus" in the sense that they sort of negate the your level-2 rule?

I seem to make a habit of asking more questions within threads about questions.

The Viscount
2014-10-17, 10:36 AM
Could you explain what you mean by the bonus HD interacting with cohort? Do you mean cohorts obtained through the Leadership feat? If so, the HD of the mount has nothing to do with the cohort formula. If you have one you simply take -2.

Kevingway
2014-10-17, 11:32 AM
I'm obtaining this mount through the Leadership feat as a cohort. It can only be my level -2. However, Windrider grants "Bonus HD," and I'm unsure how these interact with the formula. If my mount gains bonus HD from the class, do they simply not apply if my mount is already my level -2, or would it be able to rise above this assuming that only its "regular HD" apply to the formula?

Blackhawk748
2014-10-17, 11:38 AM
I'm obtaining this mount through the Leadership feat as a cohort. It can only be my level -2. However, Windrider grants "Bonus HD," and I'm unsure how these interact with the formula. If my mount gains bonus HD from the class, do they simply not apply if my mount is already my level -2, or would it be able to rise above this assuming that only its "regular HD" apply to the formula?

Is the mount Intelligent? As this actually will affect my answer

Kevingway
2014-10-17, 02:27 PM
Yes, it is. It's a Worg.

Blackhawk748
2014-10-17, 04:40 PM
Yes, it is. It's a Worg.

Hmmm, this just got weird. Im not sure what the RAW is here, but as a DM i would probably saw that as long as the Bonus HD dont increase your Worg's CR above your max cohort level then they do stack, otherwise they would be wasted.

And when i mean CR, i am including its +1 LA (cohort), so for me it would start as a "level" 3 cohort, because lets be honest, its not the equivalent of a lvl 5 character and we know it.