PDA

View Full Version : Optimization 3.5 Ways to come up with good builds using Invisible Blade

sage20500
2014-10-16, 11:04 PM
Hey guys, so I'm working on making a back up character right now for just in case my current character in the game I'm playing does end up dying. Specifics wise for this campaign, its Temple of Elemental Evil, the DM is allowing players to take a feat at every even character level, and when ever we get a stat increase its a +1 to two stats. Materials wise, pretty much everything we have access to is open to use so long as the DM doesn't veto against it, and I have access to pretty much everything with for 3.5 including most dragon magazines.

Character wise, the idea I wanted to go for was a Pirate Captain like character, one who was known by her ruthless reputation and skill with the Kukri and her throwing ax. So I kind of want to be able to asap take the full 5 levels of Invisible Blade and then after that I was possibly thinking of Scarlet Corsair, though since this is a land based campaign unless the DM lets me say that in her back story she acquired the pirate reputation then that might be a no go. So goals for this build is to become an awesome duelist with the Kukri, and while not specialized be able to competently use tomahawk/throwing axes (once I can gain access to a returning hand ax all the better). Would love to keep with a full base attack progression as much as possible. Also even though I have really good charisma I'd like to stay away from anything that is heavily spell casting based just because if I have to bring this character in its to replace my current front liner, and we already have a fireball focused Incantatrix as well as a Force Missile Mage in the works for the party. When it comes to template ideas anything that is below a 2 LA would be nice to hear.

Stats I rolled are as followed. 18 Strength, 16 Dex, 14 Con, 12 Int, 13 Wis, 18 Cha. When it comes to classes I'm perfectly ok with picking up dips in order to nab class features. For the base idea I'm already considering getting a 1 level dip in Battle Dancer just to be able to add my Cha to AC. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.