PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Merfolks as a player race?

gurgleflep
2014-10-17, 04:12 AM
If somebody wanted to play as one what would their racial stuff be? They aren't listed in the Monster Manual and Google has failed me.

Gwendol
2014-10-17, 04:25 AM
MM p 185.

I hope it helps!

Pilo
2014-10-17, 04:27 AM
SRD has them (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/merfolk.htm).

Stats will be :

Type : Humanoid(Aquatic)
Speed : 5 ft., swim 50 ft.
+2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Cha.

Low light vision

Amphibious (Ex) :
Merfolk can breathe both air and water, although they rarely travel more than a few feet from the water’s edge.
Skills

A merfolk has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Merfolk speak Common and Aquan

LA +1

Favored class : Bard.

Grek
2014-10-17, 04:28 AM
Merfolk
+2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma.
Medium: As Medium creatures, merfolk have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Merfolk base land speed is 5 ft. They also have a base swim speed of 50 ft.
Merfolk have the the aquatic subtype.
Amphibious (Ex): Merfolk can breathe both air and water, although they rarely travel more than a few feet from the water’s edge. Merfolk have a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. She can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. She can use the run action while swimming, provided she swims in a straight line.
Low-Light Vision: A merfolk can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Automatic Languages: Common and Aquan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Sahuagin, Elven, Auran, Undercommon, and Giant.
Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass merfolk’s bard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
Level Adjustment: +1

Extracted from the SRD Monster Manual entry and the Monsters as Races rules. Languages are mostly made up.

E: Ninja'd

gurgleflep
2014-10-17, 04:30 AM
Bugger, I forgot about the SRD :smalleek: Thanks!