PDA

View Full Version : Question about Song of Dagon

Primaristark
2014-10-17, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I just found in Dragon magazine a PrC I'd love to play, as PC or NPC: Thrall of Dagon. But one question remains. One of his class feature is Song of Dagon :

Song of Dagon (Su): (...), a thrall of Dagon can invest any spell with the sonic descriptor he carts with Dagon's song. Using this ability is a free action. This manifests as a low, bass rumbling sound that seems to resonate deep within the bodies of all those affected by the spell, Any creature that fails its saving throw against a sonic spell enhanced by the song of Dagon immediately takes Wisdom damage equal to the level of the spell. (...).

Combined with a spell like Enthrall ("It gains a new saving throw if it witnesses actions that it opposes."), does the Wisdom damage applies to every failed saving throw or only to the first one ?

Thanks for reading !

Blackhawk748
2014-10-17, 05:02 PM
It does say every failed save. As i DM i would just say the first, because that gets nuts quick otherwise, but that seems to be what the RAW says.

Primaristark
2014-10-25, 10:02 AM
Thanks for your answer ! That's what I thought, and as a DM, I'll do the same.

gorfnab
2014-10-25, 11:34 AM
This ability combined with the spell Creaking Cacophony (Spell Compendium) would be very amusing.