PDA

View Full Version : Planar Shepherd character building help needed!

Meta
2014-10-17, 06:30 PM
I need both mechanical and flavor aid. Feel free to only help with one, I appreciate it!

Friend hosting a level 20 PF one shot, and pretty much any 3.5 splat books are fair game.

We have a pretty tweaked out Incantrix/Iot7v so we probably have enough firepower that I don't need to min-max.

I'd like to be a Planar Shepherd from the Outlands just in case I need to turn the magic/divine ranks off if our DM gets access to our broken spellcaster or we get on a god's bad side.

I get a bunch of race points and can pretty much go any direction I like. I had the idea of a mostly pacifistic mediator concerned with keeping cosmic balance and not interfering besides that. Then my lady friend said I should be a red panda and while strange, they are pretty cute. Maybe I was 'constructed' with purpose of being an innocuous observer? Looking for some glue to bring this together.

Mechanically, I'm not looking to wow anyone. Mostly defensive measures, some sky-high insight and diplomacy, etc. A lot of movement powers, so I can get close to any very powerful spellcasters before popping mah bubble.

I do think our main spellcaster has an AMF on him at all times, so I would need a way to ignore/break an AMF to get my bubble up if his Mind Blank gets shredded. I plan on cuddling up around his shoulders for most of the journey. I basically just want to have a way to troubleshoot and do cute, nonviolent red panda things while the rest of the party make things blow up. Spell/feat/trait/background/roleplay suggestions all welcome.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!