PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 9th Level Fighter, What Feat?

Nicrosil
2014-10-17, 08:48 PM
I'm playing a fighter and I've just leveled up to 9. What feat should I take? I'm playing Realm of Chaos's Gambit Fighter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?140278-My-Spin-on-the-Fighter-(warning-quite-long)) (so I'm not quite sure if it belongs in this forum...) so there are some homebrew things I'll explain here. I'm trying to be the party's tank but have turned into the primary melee with recent changes to the party.

Str: 16
Dex: 16
Con: 15
Int: 14
Wis: 12
Cha: 16

Weapons: Net, Trident
Armor: Half-Plate, Tower Shield, Heavy Steel Shield (previous quest mcgubbin)

Homebrew Shenanigans: Exotic Proficiency Net, Heavy Defense (+2 HP per level, DR 6/-, negate damage 3 times per encounter), Stratagems (adjacent to one enemy, moved <= 5 ft this round) (+2 to attack, +1d6 to damage), Specialized Swing (gives extra attacks to light weapons, more damage to two-handed weapons, and a mix of both to one-handed weapons, all with an attack penalty), Battle Hardened (+4 on fear saves, +2 on all Will saves), Incredible Toughness (I don't die until I hit my Constitution score)

Feats: Power Attack, Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus Trident, Weapon Specialization Trident, Net and Trident, Improved Initiative.

Sorry if this sounds Greek, I'm bad at explaining things. Anyway, I need a new feat. Something to help my role as a tank is always good. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'm really slow; something to boost my speed would be good, if that's possible. Like I said last time I had stupid questions about this character, I have no sense of optimization, so let me know if I've backed myself into a corner.

Thanks in advance, Playground!

OldTrees1
2014-10-17, 11:50 PM
Is there a reason you don't have Combat Reflexes/Evasive Reflexes? (defending others/defending yourself)

frost890
2014-10-18, 01:07 AM
I would say quick draw so you can grab one of your shields after you throw/use the net. you might hold on to the net for control but if you loose the STR check drop it and pull your shield and if you pick up shield slam you can use the shield as your second weapon.

Nicrosil
2014-10-18, 08:40 AM
The reason I don't have those is because I didn't know they existed :smalltongue:
Woops.

The description for Evasive Reflexes says "You can take both this feat and Combat Reflexes." Does that mean I can take them at the same time? If not, which should I take first?

Also, I forgot to mention this, but Quick Draw is part of the class.

EDIT: We just completed a quest arc, so the DM is handing out magic items. I'm going to try and get a Mithral Full Plate of Speed, so that should help me maneuver around and get more damage in.