PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Domains/Blessings: Good and Evil, Law and Chaos

Xuldarinar
2014-10-18, 08:19 AM
Although not normally allowed, are there any conditions under which a character could have both the good and evil or law and chaos domains or blessings?

grarrrg
2014-10-18, 10:23 AM
Although not normally allowed, are there any conditions under which a character could have both the good and evil or law and chaos domains or blessings?

Doesn't look like it (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric#TOC-Domains)
"A cleric can select an alignment domain (Chaos, Evil, Good, or Law) only if her alignment matches that domain."

Xuldarinar
2014-10-18, 11:24 AM
Doesn't look like it (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric#TOC-Domains)
"A cleric can select an alignment domain (Chaos, Evil, Good, or Law) only if her alignment matches that domain."

For emphasis, I reiterate:

But thank you for responding.

Fax Celestis
2014-10-18, 11:35 AM
Sure. Be a noncleric and get a couple bonus domains. They don't have those restrictions if you're not a cleric. Spirit Shaman into Sovereign Speaker, perhaps, could get you both the law and chaos domains.

TandemChelipeds
2014-10-18, 11:58 AM
DM fiat. Ubermensch NPC.

grarrrg
2014-10-18, 06:50 PM
For emphasis, I reiterate:

Fine, since you want to be freaking rude about it.

Your answer is NOOOOO.

Cleric: Covered above.

Druid: can only ever pick from restricted lists, none of which contain any Alignments to my knowledge.

Inquisitor: "She can select an alignment domain only if her alignment matches that domain"

Paladin: Sacred Servant gets a domain but "A sacred servant must select one deity to worship.", as no deity gets opposing alignments this doesn't work either.

Warpriest: "A warpriest can select an alignment blessing (Chaos, Evil, Good, or Law) only if his alignment matches that domain."

All of the above have "Ex-[class]" clauses that make practically all features stop working, so 'switching alignments' and multiclassing doesn't work either.

There might be some 3rd party nonsense to help you, and there's always porting over some 3.5, but you're on your own for that.

malonkey1
2014-10-18, 06:54 PM
A reformed Succubus Cleric/Warpriest of a good deity. Having the evil subtype, she automatically counts as evil for meeting prerequisites, but having a good alignment means, obviously, that she counts as good. Take Good domain & Evil domain.

Xuldarinar
2014-10-18, 07:17 PM
Sure. Be a noncleric and get a couple bonus domains. They don't have those restrictions if you're not a cleric. Spirit Shaman into Sovereign Speaker, perhaps, could get you both the law and chaos domains.

Though not a pathfinder solution, it is appreciated.

-snip-
Your answer is NOOOOO.
-snip-

Except that others are pointing out methods.

Look, I appreciate you outlining the base rule in various classes, showing that it is not normally allowed. I do. I didn't mean to come off as rude but my question pertains to things that get around that rule, be it by specific statement or using the wording of the rule to one's advantage. Such as:

A reformed Succubus Cleric/Warpriest of a good deity. Having the evil subtype, she automatically counts as evil for meeting prerequisites, but having a good alignment means, obviously, that she counts as good. Take Good domain & Evil domain.

Thank you. That is actually a cleaver solution and spans all creatures that have alignment subtypes. I had hoped for an option available that avoids RHD, but it is something.

grarrrg
2014-10-18, 07:34 PM
Except that others are pointing out methods.

Since before my last post the "other methods" consisted of "port 3.5 stuff", and "have your DM bend the rules".
Only the Evil Subtype thing might actually work.

Raven777
2014-10-18, 11:52 PM
Be Mythic. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-heroes)
Pick Beyond Morality on Tier 3.
Pick Divine Source on Tier 4.
Pick any two alignment domain you feel like.
Regret doing so because the spells they grant are crap anyway.

malonkey1
2014-10-19, 11:16 AM
Be Mythic. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-heroes)
Pick Beyond Morality on Tier 3.
Pick Divine Source on Tier 4.
Pick any two alignment domain you feel like.
Regret doing so because the spells they grant are crap anyway.

6.) Remember that, as a mythic character, you can take on nearly anybody anyways.
7.) Stop caring.