PDA

View Full Version : Whose YOUR favorite OOTS character?

Brettoe
2007-03-17, 09:10 PM
It can be a bad guy (:xykon:) a good guy (:durkon:) or any random person! the daughter of the bandit king, the bandit king, the demon roaches:roach: or the dwarf who hit on roy when he was a female!

Dariendel
2007-03-18, 03:53 AM
Zzt'Dri. I'm sorry.

Hinton
2007-03-18, 04:00 AM
While every character contributes and is cool in their own way, it's gotta be...

Belkar, baby!

Caractacus
2007-03-18, 05:07 AM
Elan! For the sheer joy of life!

(and it's spelt: Who's...) :smallsmile:

Purple_cloack
2007-03-18, 05:51 AM
Three words:

:vaarsuvius:
:mitd:
:thog:

BUT Thogs ultimate rival of my favourites is....POMPEY!!

Teh_Jakester
2007-03-18, 07:56 AM
:elan:
BANJO
That's about it.

Setra
2007-03-18, 07:59 AM
Vaarsuvius.

I'm still waiting for a Paladin I like more than him, sooner or later one will come along.

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-18, 08:03 AM
The MitD, he reminds me of me...sort of.

draco193
2007-03-18, 10:32 AM

Especially after this last strip

Vulion
2007-03-18, 12:43 PM
:roy:

Pure and simple. He is THE man.

TheQuestionable
2007-03-18, 12:50 PM
:durkon: :xykon: :elan: :haley: :vaarsuvius: :roy: :roach: :sabine: :thog: :mitd: :miko: :belkar:

...Oh who am I kidding, I like them all. I can label which one like the most most because it constantly changes with each strip. But if there has to be one character, then it's probably :haley:.

Spleen
2007-03-18, 01:56 PM
:belkar: :thog: :roy: in that order. Although, I have to admit, I like them all.

mockingbyrd7
2007-03-18, 02:38 PM
Funny Factor: Elan, then Thog, then V, then Belkar.
Character-Building Factor: Miko, then Haley.
Awesomeness Factor: (as in WOAH! awesome! kinda stuff that blows you away) V, then Durkon, then Miko, then Belkar.

OVERALL ORDER OF FAVORITES

1. Elan (for comedic purposes and just because he's totally cool)
2. Vaarsuvius (just because he/she is awesome)
3. Belkar (for awesomely disturbing stuff and stuff)
4. Thog (for incredible hysterical laughter)
5. Miko (for drama, character-building, etc. etc.)

Assassinfox
2007-03-18, 02:43 PM
Belkar all the way! With maybe Elan as a close second. I dislike V, Hinjo, and Roy simply for being mean to Belkar.

Oxymoron
2007-03-18, 02:56 PM
Roy is my favorite hero character. I always had respect for leadership and intelligence. My favorite villain is Redcloak, for all the same reasons as me liking Roy.

Galathir
2007-03-18, 03:06 PM

I vote for V!

For my second favorite, it would be a tie between Elan and Roy.

Querzis
2007-03-18, 03:18 PM
Shojo then :nale: and :roy:.

Poor Shojo, he was the only chaotic good character that wasnt a fool and he had to get killed. Damn you Miko!

Brettoe
2007-03-18, 03:25 PM
Good guys:
:durkon: Durkon, :belkar: Belkar, and :vaarsuvius: Vaarsuvius
Bad guys:
:redcloak: Redcloak, :thog: Thog!

In that order

Threeshades
2007-03-18, 03:32 PM
Shojo then :nale: and :roy:.

Poor Shojo, he was the only chaotic good character that wasnt a fool and he had to get killed. Damn you Miko!

Are you implying Haley's a fool? I mean she's proven to be quite smart, and it's more than clear she's as far from lawful as can be (i refer especially scenes like this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0008.html) and this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0029.html) one)

Nightwing
2007-03-18, 03:44 PM
General Chang!!

Querzis
2007-03-18, 04:04 PM
Are you implying Haley's a fool? I mean she's proven to be quite smart, and it's more than clear she's as far from lawful as can be (i refer especially scenes like this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0008.html) and this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0029.html) one)

Oh she is smart but she is still a fool or, at least was, as she say herself in that scene:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0382.html

Now she is probably better but yeah, I would say she was a fool before. And about the only other chaotic good character, well, I hope I dont have to explain why I think he is a fool...

Funzy
2007-03-18, 04:57 PM
My favorite must be V and then Roy

slipper
2007-03-18, 06:39 PM
:xykon:
nuff said

Brettoe
2007-03-18, 06:41 PM
I'm gonna keep score
:belkar::7
:durkon::3
:xykon::4
:elan::6
:vaarsuvius::14
:haley::1
:thog::7
:miko::0
:sabine::0
:mitd::4
:roy::4
:nale::1
:roach::0
:redcloak::4
Other:7
so far Vaarsuvius is Winning! but Belkar, Thog and the others are running a close second! and Elan's catching up! keep voting!

Tolkien_Freak
2007-03-18, 07:16 PM
Hey, go :vaarsuvius: !!

How can you not like a verbose elven wizard with a sense of humour and a very inventive mind?

JetTheOne
2007-03-18, 07:46 PM
I like the leader of the barbarian guild, gortok , i can recall his line " tiny man is inavding gortak's personal space!"

DarkEternal
2007-03-19, 09:03 AM
Of the OotS: Durkon. He is a dwarf and by default that makes me like him, but in terms of story I really can't say anything negative about him. Kind, compassionate, and with that lovable xenophobic dwarven nature.

Of the enemies, probably Thog. Yes, I know that he probably even gets overused these days, but God help me he is the only character that makes me chuckle every single time with every single line he utters. Redcloak is a second and I have a feeling he will be a major character later on, perhaps even more so then Xykon.

Random important characters: Hinjo. I would say Shojo too, but unfortunately he is no longer alive. Still, a legacy in the form of Hinjo still lives. I read a few posts that say that he is not really a true paladin due to being selfish/mean to Roy and co from time to time, but to me he is a true definition of paladin. Sure, he can act like a "Human" from time to time, but that is because he was born that way. The reason I stopped playing a paladin myself in D&D was because my DM is a bastard who hates paladins the moment that they have any other thoughts that make them even remotely likable and not bots with a stick up their arse.A natural leader with a fantastic charisma, who if he is not offed soon enough will become a great force behind Azure City.

Character I dislike: I pretty much like every character in the comic, because they are just that, likable. Miko however would be the one I would vote for being disliked if I had any to choose from. Just never cared much for her or the way how she played of that robot like stereotype.

Darkxarth
2007-03-19, 09:26 AM
:nale: is by far my favorite character out of the bunch.
:roy: brings up second.
:elan: is a close third.

But I haven't really found a character in this comic that I don't like. Yes, I even like Miko.

Ave
2007-03-19, 10:03 AM
V was always my favourite because I used to play wizards in D&D. And now he totally owns the siege :smallsmile:
Also i like Roy because he is a responsible leader.
And then there is Haley because she is the only girl in the Order.

I laugh on Thog and Belkar, but i find Elan and Miko annoying.
Durkon is not as funny as earlier, sadly he didn't have too much outstanding performance since the fight with the druid.

I view Xykon and Redcloak as villains who must die (eventually), so i don't build up likes, even if they do have fun moments, i view them as expendable foes.

Nale is annoying (not funny, and silly) even as a foe.

Blue_Hill
2007-03-19, 10:13 AM
#1 Vaarsavius :vaarsuvius:
#2 Durkon :durkon:
#3 Haley :haley:

Why? Vaarsavius is spellcaster, cool. Durkon is calm dwarf (very uncommon...) ja Haley.... Hmm... She is rogue... Do you need more? :)

Edit; And of course Redcloak! :redcloak: That goblin priest is just so cool and like his comments.. :smallbiggrin:

Morrsleib
2007-03-19, 11:51 AM
Vaarsavius is yet the most hilarious character ever. A MASTERPIECE.
MITD COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Xykon evilgasm =)

TroyXavier
2007-03-19, 12:21 PM
:elan: would be my favorite
Also like Leeky, Haley, Sabine, Miko and Xykon.

Samurai General
2007-03-19, 03:52 PM
:belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :haley: :thog: down to up.

ArchiviesTheQua
2007-03-19, 04:14 PM
Vaarsuvius :vaarsuvius: really just can kick ass and has a humor that might not be burst out laughing funny, but in your brain it's hysterical.
If you know what I mean.

No. I didn't expect you to.

Of course, all of the characters are really great. I just love to hate Miko. She's well developed and everything, it's just her character that I just don't like.

Of course, I love MitD too. He's awesome.

Myatar_Panwar
2007-03-19, 04:20 PM
Hmmm, I'd have to say:

1st - :redcloak:Red Cloak, just cause he's awesome.
2nd - :vaarsuvius:V, cause wizards rock!

Nicoli20
2007-03-19, 04:57 PM
I have three characters on my funny list::elan: :belkar: :thog:

Brettoe
2007-03-19, 05:37 PM
Vaarsuvius :vaarsuvius: really just can kick ass and has a humor that might not be burst out laughing funny, but in your brain it's hysterical.
If you know what I mean.

No. I didn't expect you to.

Of course, all of the characters are really great. I just love to hate Miko. She's well developed and everything, it's just her character that I just don't like.

Of course, I love MitD too. He's awesome.

Yes I know what your talking about

Talya
2007-03-19, 07:12 PM
Without a doubt, it is:

Brettoe
2007-03-19, 07:54 PM
I know this isn't on the subject.. but in this strip roy's sword is bigger than usual!
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0010.html

Forrestfire
2007-03-19, 08:02 PM
Mine are:
:elan:
:xykon:
:redcloak:
:mitd:
:belkar:
:nale:
:haley:
In that order.

oloknotwise
2007-03-20, 12:15 AM
:vaarsuvius:: Keeper of a thousand arcane secrets! "And each one will drive you mad! MAD!"
:durkon:: "I count 'able to be picked by a rogue' as a pretty major defect, aye?"
:mitd:: "But anyway, back to this gate I hear so much about..."

Xaelinerm
2007-03-20, 12:28 AM
Easily and without question... though one other character in my opinion rivals him in terms of sheer... well... character (that'd be Miko) Redcloak is just so much more likeable to me. I have high hopes for him.

JetTheOne
2007-03-20, 01:25 AM
Easily and without question... though one other character in my opinion rivals him in terms of sheer... well... character (that'd be Miko) Redcloak is just so much more likeable to me. I have high hopes for him.

I like Redcloak too, and my reason is that he dedicated the firing of the catapults to his mom(very cute).

I could imagine Redcloak having a flashback to when he was little and his mom was teaching him how to seige a castle... after all RC did say he had been dreaming of attacking Azure City for two thirds of his life...

Flashback begins right after the hobgoblin in panel six of #422 asks "Orders, Supreme Leader?"

RC's mom - Remember son, if you're going to seige a castle be sure to fire Titatnium elemantals at the castle instead of Earth elementals, they're just a strong as Earth elementals but they are 40% lighter, which means they will fly further.

RC - Ok mommy, I'll remember that.

cutback to right before he says "This one's before you, Mom."

I think that would have been epic, but then again it is my idea...

innk
2007-03-20, 01:33 AM
1- :xykon:
2- :durkon: / :vaarsuvius:, cant decide
3- :roy:

Cant rank them, but i would put as 4th, all together, :redcloak:, :mitd:, :thog:, :belkar:

Crispy SpThief
2007-03-20, 01:48 AM
I gotta give my vote for Lien. She may be a secondary character, but she's so cute I cant help but wanna root for her. ^.^

I also give props to Redcloak, Roy, and the Shadowdancer.

Endeavourl
2007-03-20, 02:32 AM
Probably a tie between :mitd: and :haley:

:belkar: and :miko: as runner ups

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-20, 02:59 AM
Vaarsavius, for being intelligent.

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-21, 05:03 AM
I gotta give my vote for Lien. She may be a secondary character, but she's so cute I cant help but wanna root for her. ^.^

I also give props to Redcloak, Roy, and the Shadowdancer.

This'll probaly make me sound stupid, but who's Lien?

Hinton
2007-03-21, 05:19 AM
This'll probaly make me sound stupid, but who's Lien?

Not stupid at all; so many characters, sometimes it's hard to keep track of and remember all of them.

Lien is here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0414.html), although I'm not certain if it's her first appearance; just where I happened to remember seeing her.

Imperator
2007-03-21, 07:10 AM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/estelindis/hinjo.gif or :vaarsuvius: I can't decide!

Erai
2007-03-21, 07:17 AM
Rich Burlew :smallwink:

Baalzebub
2007-03-21, 07:53 AM
Bad Guy: :xykon: DA LICH

Good Guy: :vaarsuvius: WHO DA WIZARD

Neutral or something: Gortok, the barbarian guild leader. Yes, Gortok remembers little ranger man well. He killed three of Gortok's guildmates for fun. He good at being barbarian :smallbiggrin:

donkyhotay
2007-03-21, 11:52 AM
I'm fond of durkon just because he's so dependable.