PDA

View Full Version : Updated 16 (or dedicated 3.5/PF 16)

BelGareth
2014-10-18, 09:33 AM
Thought I would make a 3.5/Pathfinder specific 16, seeing as its the most common game on the boards, and there are a few questions/specifics that are missing on the current questionnaire that are inevitably asked by players.

3.5/Pathfinder 19
1. What version of D&D are you running(3rd, 3.5, PF, 5E?

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "E6" or "Nations")? What is the setting for the game (Forgotten Realms or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

3. How many players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Can you use it for pre-game crafting or LA buyoff? What is the intended length of this game? (are the players going to level at all?)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Is there a max gold limit on single items? Is stacking Magic Items ok (if so which rules, DMG or MiC)?

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? What is the Max LA modifier?

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Do they get a re-roll? How many?

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Can players re-fluff alignment restricted abilities/feats/spells?

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Can players go to Dip town or are they limited to a number of classes?

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about (Flaws, retroactive skills points, traits, psionic-magic transparency, fractional saves/BAB)?

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

17. Is this Gestalt, Tristalt, anyotherstalt or normal D&D? If so, what specific stalt rules are there?

18. Is leadership allowed? If so, what are the rules on cohort/follower creation?

19. On a scale of Samurai-Tippyverse, how OP is this game(give examples and be specific) ?

1. What version of D&D are you running(3rd, 3.5, PF, 5E?

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "E6" or "Nations")? What is the setting for the game (Forgotten Realms or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

3. How many players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Can you use it for pre-game crafting or LA buyoff? What is the intended length of this game? (are the players going to level at all?)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Is there a max gold limit on single items? Is stacking Magic Items ok (if so which rules, DMG or MiC)?

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? What is the Max LA modifier?

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Do they get a re-roll? How many?

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Can players re-fluff alignment restricted abilities/feats/spells?

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Can players go to Dip town or are they limited to a number of classes?

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about (Flaws, retroactive skills points, traits, psionic-magic transparency, fractional saves/BAB)?

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

17. Is this Gestalt, Tristalt, anyotherstalt or normal D&D? If so, what specific stalt rules are there?

18. Is leadership allowed? If so, what are the rules on cohort/follower creation?

19. On a scale of Samurai-Tippyverse, how OP is this game(give examples and be specific) ?

Thoughts? Did I miss anything?

JBarca
2014-10-18, 05:33 PM
Something I sometimes like to know, that may fit into Number 5, is length of the game (or, more specifically, intended length of the adventure, in terms of levels). Essentially, when building a character, should I take prereqs and look toward future classes/spells/feats/skills/whatever, or is what I'm building what I'll be playing? I know this is hard to know for certain, especially given the nature of PbPs, but at least a general idea about whether leveling up is likely or not.

I really like Number 19 (especially the demand for specifics... "High Op" is just about the most open-ended phrase out there) and the fact that Number 13 specifically calls out the vast majority of variants often ignored in the original 16, leaving players to ask the same questions every time.

BelGareth
2014-10-22, 10:45 AM
Something I sometimes like to know, that may fit into Number 5, is length of the game (or, more specifically, intended length of the adventure, in terms of levels). Essentially, when building a character, should I take prereqs and look toward future classes/spells/feats/skills/whatever, or is what I'm building what I'll be playing? I know this is hard to know for certain, especially given the nature of PbPs, but at least a general idea about whether leveling up is likely or not.

I really like Number 19 (especially the demand for specifics... "High Op" is just about the most open-ended phrase out there) and the fact that Number 13 specifically calls out the vast majority of variants often ignored in the original 16, leaving players to ask the same questions every time.

Nice catch, edited #5 with that info.

Thanks!