PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The aristocrat (5e base class.)

Rfkannen
2014-10-18, 07:03 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D83w-N5BQMHVLR7M4JTMMfEQxkxS5xe-1xdbqIZEL0E/edit?usp=sharing

You ever just wanted to play a rich guy? This class if for you. Controlling threw wealth.

This is a work in progress and I would love any criticism.

If your wondering why this was in the 5e forum, I meant to post this here first but somehow misposted it in the general 5e forum.

Also note that everything exept the Wealth of the Blood is finished, I would still apreciate critism, as this is my first finished 5e base class.

BRKNdevil
2014-10-18, 08:31 PM
First, its incomplete so i can't really tell how it is. Second, you have a bunch of minor spelling errors and i just thought you should know, such as under all hail the king with wisdom being misspelled and such. Finally what are you hiring these minions for? And why are they so much more expensive than the minions you could probably higher using the going rates of lifestyle costs? My PC's are being payed at 2gp a day and that covers all their living expenses for just themselves.

Rfkannen
2014-10-18, 08:59 PM
First, its incomplete so i can't really tell how it is. Second, you have a bunch of minor spelling errors and i just thought you should know, such as under all hail the king with wisdom being misspelled and such. Finally what are you hiring these minions for? And why are they so much more expensive than the minions you could probably higher using the going rates of lifestyle costs? My PC's are being payed at 2gp a day and that covers all their living expenses for just themselves.

I will try to fix those spelling errors. I am trying to make the minions useful for various class features, and to me it makes sense that you have to pay a fair bit to be able to make people fight to the death. I also think that players shouldn't always be able to afford a servant, and that they sometimes have to give them up when they can't afford them, I am also trying to make them better stat wise than your average hired person, I am not sure how I am doing in that regard though.

Orpec
2014-10-18, 09:08 PM
Only one real problem that I can find, Why would I not take this at level one for most casters? Full proficiency, a bunch of skills, and a ton of gold.

Rfkannen
2014-10-18, 09:12 PM
Only one real problem that I can find, Why would I not take this at level one for most casters? Full proficiency, a bunch of skills, and a ton of gold.

If the game is going to level 20 than they would miss there level 20, otherwise..... Um.... Reasons. I can't actualy think of a solution to this.

Now that I think about it this class is realy op all around, it is a flat out better fighter than the fighter. Any suggestions on turning it down?