PDA

View Full Version : Anthropomorphic Animal Help!

GreyBlack
2014-10-18, 08:07 PM
So I'm going to be engaged in a 3.P game soon, and my DM has given me the ok to use the anthropomorphic animal, with the caveat that a) I use a turtle and b) my starting age is adolescence, and c) I play the party skill monkey. A problem arises, however, as I realize that there is no such thing as a turtle in 3.5! So, with regards to the Anthropomorphic Turtle, Savage Species is notably silent on how to make an Anthropomorphic Adolescent Turtle. Pathfinder has a turtle, so I'll probably wind up using that to determine statistics and the like, but other things (LA, etc.) I'm not so sure on. Halp?

Calimehter
2014-10-18, 08:29 PM
a) I use a turtle and b) my starting age is adolescence, and c) I play the party skill monkey. A problem arises, however, as I realize that there is no such thing as a turtle in 3.5!

Its not an animal that could go with the Savage Species rules (which I admit I've only barely skimmed), but for 3.5 ideas there is the Crucian from the 3.5 Minatures Handbook. Its basically a humanoid turtle right out of the kit. Its racial HD and LA +2 are a bit rough, though. :(

MilesTiden
2014-10-18, 09:02 PM
An anthropomorphic pathfinder turtle would be, well, kinda terrible. Small Size, 20' land and swim speed, +6 natural armor... and -4 str, -6 dex, -2 con, +4 wis and -4 cha. The snapping turtle fares slightly better in the stats department, with -2 str, -4 dex, +2 con, and +4 wis, but only +1 natural armor. The 3.5 snapping turtle would be medium sized, meaning it has 2 racial hit dice, which you might want to avoid. Its stats would be +6 str, -4 dex, +6 con, +4 wis, and -2 cha, with a natural armor bonus of +4, 30' land speed, and medium size. It also has a 1d6 bite attack and improved grab, I believe. Overall... use these to work it out with your DM, I guess?

J-H
2014-10-18, 10:03 PM
You do realize that skillmonkey usually means Rogue, right?
At least in 3.5, a rogue is (ignoring the weaker "ninja" class), the closest you get to a ninja.

So...you're playing a teenage ninja turtle.

eggynack
2014-10-18, 10:16 PM
You do realize that skillmonkey usually means Rogue, right?
At least in 3.5, a rogue is (ignoring the weaker "ninja" class), the closest you get to a ninja.

So...you're playing a teenage ninja turtle.
Pretty sure that was the intent, yes, given that the character is also an adolescent.

Bullet06320
2014-10-18, 10:54 PM
you have the Tortle from Dragon Mag 315
its basically an anthropomorphic turtle, la+0

dysprosium
2014-10-18, 11:35 PM
Tortle would most definitely work if Dragon Magazines are on the table.

I made an anthropomorphic snapping turtle for an Iron Chef round. Using Savage Species and Stormwrack (where the snapping turtle came from) I came up with these stats:

anthropomorphic snapping turtle racial adjustments: Str +6, Dex -4, Con +6, Int=11, Wis +2, Cha +4; bite attack 1d6, darkvision 60 ft, hold breath, low light vision, natural armor +5, Swim checks +8 racial bonus, can take 10 on Swim checks, +1 Level Adjustment

GreyBlack
2014-10-19, 08:05 AM
JUST TO BE CLEAR:

I'm really not looking to optimize right now. I know this is a terrible idea from an optimization standpoint! I'm just curious to see if it's possible. It's going to be a one-shot, so I'm just trying to go with it.