PDA

View Full Version : Good Prestige for Dungeoncrasher

yaluckyboy09
2014-10-19, 04:03 AM
So I'm gonna be playing a Barbarian/ Dungeoncrasher Fighter focusing on Unarmed attacks in my friend's campaign soon and I was wondering if there were any good Prestige Classes to go with it?

I took the City Brawler variant from Dragon Magazine #349 so I have Improved Unarmed Strike and Two Weapon Fighting and then three levels of Fighter with the Dungeoncrasher variant. I also took the Lion Totem instead of the Fast Movement but I can't find any Prestiges that really fit my character style

eggynack
2014-10-19, 04:13 AM
There're a few reasonable prestige classes for the unarmed strike themed barbarian. Fist of the forest (CC, 80) is a classic, granting relatively rapid advancement on the unarmed strike table and some fancy abilities, and frostrager (Frost, 60) adds a whole bunch of abilities to someone using unarmed strikes, like increased damage, an extra attack and a rend attack. You can also take the grappling focused route, picking up bear warrior (CW, 16) for improved grab, better ability scores, and natural attacks, and/or black blood cultist, granting a bunch of other natural weapon and grappling based abilities. These prestige classes tend to synergize with each other pretty well, so you can get good results by mixing and matching as your heart guides you.

Xerlith
2014-10-19, 04:23 AM
If you're a Warforged, there's the Warforged Juggernaut class. Good for more bullrushing damage.

Necroticplague
2014-10-19, 04:38 PM
Warhulk both improves your damage, increases ability to succeed STR check for bull-rush, and gives you a smattering of utility on top of it.

yaluckyboy09
2014-10-19, 06:17 PM
thanks for all the input, but I decided to just play a pure Barbarian instead

darkbuu_1
2014-10-19, 06:34 PM
I like Thrall of Kostchtchie from DR345, you get more rages, stat ups, a size up, and a temporary pet and fiendish template.

Snowbluff
2014-10-19, 07:20 PM
Not really a prestige, but Warblade is good for any melee.

If you're going Dungeoncrasher, you want the knockback feat. To qualify, be a Goliath (which qualify specifically) or go into Stoneblessed to get access to the Goliath options for Barbarian (which would make you large).