PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Divine Mind

Red Rubber Band
2014-10-19, 07:15 AM
How does the mantle work?

So a Divine Mind has the Time mantle. What passive ability does that give him and does it have an "activate and ye shall receive" ability too? How does that work with initiatives? How long does it last for? :smalleek:

Red Rubber Band
2014-10-21, 08:55 PM
I understand Divine Mind isn't a favourite class, but... pls halp.

Troacctid
2014-10-21, 09:36 PM
Divine Mind says "You begin play with access to a mantle and its mantle power."

The mantle power for the Time mantle is:
You gain a +2 bonus on initiative checks. In addition, once per day, you can expend your psionic focus as an immediate action to delay the onset of one damaging attack or effect. Instead of taking the damage immediately, as normal, you take it 1 round later. If, in the intervening turn, you gain some immunity that would have protected you from the damage, it does not protect you from the delayed damage. You are subject to the damage as if you had taken it when the blow or effect was struck.

So you have that ability. You also gain access to an aura that you can project with your psychic aura class feature which provides an additional +2 to initiative and +1 to reflex saves to you and any ally within its range.

Does that help?

Red Rubber Band
2014-10-21, 10:03 PM
Divine Mind says "You begin play with access to a mantle and its mantle power."

The mantle power for the Time mantle is:

So you have that ability. You also gain access to an aura that you can project with your psychic aura class feature which provides an additional +2 to initiative and +1 to reflex saves to you and any ally within its range.

Does that help?

When you break it down like that it makes a lot more sense. Thank you. I was looking for an explanation online (can't find the book) and I couldn't pin down a definite "this is what you get and how it works".