PDA

View Full Version : Zombie DM Game

andrinor01
2014-10-19, 09:36 AM
Here we go!
(ominous voice):You guys have been in search of supplies since the zombie apocalypse started.
(flashback)scientist 1: Finally! The formula is complete!
Scientist 2: Call down our patient for the first super soldier of the American army!
*Man walks into test chamber*
Scientist 2: This might hurt!
*Injects formula into man*
man:OUCH!
*man falls onto floor.*
Scientist 1: Oh man oh man oh man! We KILLED him!
(that's what they thought...)
24 hours later...
Scientist 3: Wtf if this dead body doing standing up?
(zombie:BLLEARRGH
Scientist 3: AAH!
(zombie devours scientist 3
(back to present) You three finally found a safe place, named the ZRA, zombie rebellion army.
???: Hey! We have some newcomers!
*A woman walks over*
??: Here is your badges of recruitment. Keep them safe, or we will not recognize you, and you will be shot on sight.
???:Let me show you to your rooms.
(You guys are brought to your rooms. There is food on tables, but it is cold. At least it's food!)
???: By the way, I'm Bill.
??: I'm Jasmine
Bill: I am the leader of this Army, and Jasmine is my second in command. We actually are in need of two more people to go and clear out an old crypt. You guys, Jasmine, and 3 other people are leaving tomorrow morning.
Jasmine: See you then!

drack
2014-10-25, 03:08 AM
Hope that's not some poor attempt at Jimmy-jim-jim's bloodline's history cuz you got er wrong.

Anywho you really really really have to give players a link to your IC and OOC threads then you make them else they're just off in cyberspace somewhere being ignored.

andrinor01
2014-10-27, 05:36 PM
Hope that's not some poor attempt at Jimmy-jim-jim's bloodline's history cuz you got er wrong.

Anywho you really really really have to give players a link to your IC and OOC threads then you make them else they're just off in cyberspace somewhere being ignored.

Alrighty then. I will do that!
And no, that is just the backstory of how you got here
Edit: oh wow, I forgot to edit that flashback part. Fixing it now.

drack
2014-10-27, 07:20 PM
There is also often an OOC thread in which to do what we're doing now. In the absence of one however out of character chatting is usually left in spoilers so as not to affect the flow of the game so profoundly.

jimmy-jim-jim allows his eyes to wander about the rag-tag encampment wondering for the zillionth time why he'd joined up with these rough necks... well at least there was a cyborg. You don't see those every day...

Elbeyon
2014-10-27, 08:23 PM
What does the base look like? Are we in a fortress or?
What do we know about the zombie infection? Does it only transmit through body fluids (like saliva)?
Do we have our own rooms?
Hesitant to unpack, if it was even possible to consider her backpack unpackable, she lifted her food tray and started to walk around exploring. Her badge temporary pinned to her chest. She'd take the time later tonight to string it around her neck. Eating while walking, the other recruits seemed like the least interesting part of this faction, but figuring they'd be working together tomorrow getting to know them seemed like a good idea. In jimmy-jim-jim's doorway Ara nonchalantly stated, "My name's Ara. Ai r ah.", before asking, "What's yours?"

andrinor01
2014-10-27, 08:41 PM
What does the base look like? Are we in a fortress or?
What do we know about the zombie infection? Does it only transmit through body fluids (like saliva)?
Do we have our own rooms?
It is more of a very large group of tents with fortifi
cations like (what remains of) sandbags, etc.,
You know everything as it happened well. You saw it on fox news before the power and fuel shortage.
The infection travels by bite, with zombies gums constantly producing the toxin. You each have a septate tent with a cot and a handprint lock box for storage

drack
2014-10-28, 10:08 AM
Name's Jimmy-jjim-jim, you ready for tomorrow ara?

Elbeyon
2014-10-28, 12:31 PM
How armed are we allowed to be on base?
Feel free to assume that Ara makes normal conversation around the question if you want.
"Alright, Jimmy-jjim-jim. I'll call you K if I'm in a rush."

Still eating, "Considering the information I have about the mission, am I fully prepared? No. No, I'm not" she said in dissatisfied a tone. "That's about to be expected. I'm ready as possible though. I survived long enough to get here and I plan to keep working hard." In no way inclined to stay put she'll join up with Jimmy-jjim-jim if he decides to keep exploring the base. Intent on checking the stability of her new workmate she asks, "If you don't mind my asking, why are you here?" Ara keeps her focus trained on him ready to back off the subject if he seems hard pressed to answer.

drack
2014-10-28, 01:59 PM
"Why that's no good. Don't be in a rush and have more confidence. A doubter's a dead man, as to why I'm here... well I've been asking myself that same question all day." Jimmy-jim-jim finishes with some sense or resignation to the hand he'd been dealt.

Elbeyon
2014-10-28, 02:46 PM
"I'm use to stressful situations don't worry." My dealings with military groups hasn't been so ingrained that my leader's confidence is my own. With no factual information I only have ZRA's reputation to trust. "Decades of being a doctor will do that."

She steps forward leaving the cloth behind her to stay or fall of it's own accord. "I'm sure you'll find a reason to stay or leave soon. I haven't found any place that much better off." Originally tempted to ask what he practiced for a living she decides his past is best left unprobed for now. There's a pause from her last statement till she asks, "Do you know how to use a gun?" A finger taps the gun-like device on her the right of her hip.

drack
2014-10-28, 04:00 PM
"I am versed." Jimmy-jim-jim replies casually.

Elbeyon
2014-10-28, 04:29 PM
"Hm... Good."

Once it seems the conversation has died she says, "Enjoy your evening" and gestures a farewell before ducking out of the room.

If nothing comes up Ara will spend the rest of the day getting acquainted with the camp, some of it's people, and whatever is left of the day to sort out her room and equipment.

drack
2014-10-28, 05:25 PM
Jimmy-jim-jim, smiling a caffeinated smile returns the pleasantry. "Yes, have a joyous evening."