PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class DM VS Player: Custom Zombie VS Demi Lich!

gingerjack
2014-10-19, 12:03 PM
This ones a bit strange, but I'll try to make it quick.

So I started playing a game as a player for once and when we started I told the DM that I wanted to play a monster. Knowing it would be underpowered and that it would be for funsies, he said yes. I'm a level 7 zombie at the moment, and the rules with the new monster levels are simple: you may make any ability as long as it falls within the "Improving Monsters" section in the DMG. (which is any ability imaginable) We've made him a pretty awesome tank.

We've decided though that later on in the game that we would make this Zombie a Anti-Villian antagonist because of philosphy. And then we had this conversation: Who would be more difficult: The zombie, or a level 15 Demi-Lich. The reason for this is that we need to figure out who will be the final boss for the final floor in the final dungeon. Here's where it gets tricky.

I have 19-20 CR to work with for two zombies (There's another one), and another 2-3 zombie minions with CR 13-15. Any Ability that would warrant anything, I could make him a fluffy unicorn zombie if I wanted to, but thats not the Goal. The goal is to make a Disabler/Tank and a Disabler/Skirmisher combo that would only deal non-lethal (Mainly because he doesn't want to hurt the party, but mearly stop them from screwing with the master plan. The main thing I need to do is get a good TPK, not a "Rocks fall" ending, but a "Epic battle we lost" because if my Zombie wins, basicly the bad guy will win, and then my Zombie will turn on the main villian and try to fight along with the party agaisnt him because the main villain forces people to be undead which my zombie is horridly against. We both agreed that 'that' would be the best ending.

For my Zombie, it's base on the Draugr. And for the other one, he's a Chinese Zombie Pirate. The can have any ability in the game, any spell (as long as it makes sense for any negative energy based undead to have it.) or any ability we can think of. We can also take away debuffs as well like the Single Action debuff he has as well as anything about him. He also warships Cosmic Evil like gods, so madness is in the pool of things to take from! If anyone's got any ideas, please let me know! Also, this fight is supposed to be fun, but Very hard, we have experianced players so dont be afraid of pulling out nasty stuff, and yes, I have access to most of the 3.5 books, so bring on the obscure!

Also, for the purpose of feats, abilities and things like that, both my zombie and the other zombie, we count as summoned undead minions to ourselves. Which means that any ability that would affect our summoned undead minions would also affect us (Like Corpse Crafter would also affect my main zombie and not just my minions.)