PDA

View Full Version : SCET (small creepy evil twins) Boss Design

MrUberGr
2014-10-19, 12:22 PM
First, please take a minute to listen to this song to get into the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urV8MIcLDFk

So, SCET as opposed to BBEG. I've thought of a horror scenario for a single run adventure. There was this captain who was head of a small trading company. He was happily married and had two twin daughters. They were living happily when the two daughters where abducted. The amount the kidnappers asked as ransom was extreme and the captain could never pay it. The girls where never to be seen again.

A few years later, our party is on said captain's ship acting as protection while they're heading in the island. During a stormy night the captain loses his balance and falls overboard, but manages to grab the railing. Assuming the party tries to help him, he actually falls in but his small bracelet is left in their hand. The captain's dog sticks with the party for some reason.

A few days later, while in town the dog is restless etc etc and essentially the party is being haunted by the twins, because the twins think they killed their father.

What I'm asking for here is some help to make a dungeon boss. How I've imagined it is that the one will be more of a caster type, while the other will be much tankier. Some sort of damage mitigation mechanic, i.e. when the caster is hit, the tank gets some of the damage, some lair actions, such as raise undead sailor ghosts, etc.

Not in a hurry so please suggest anything you might want that could make this concept better!

Aron Times
2014-10-19, 12:27 PM
Hm... Slightly off topic, there was a pair of creepy twins in that game, though they were creepy in that they were corrupt and they were regulars at a classy brothel (staffed with sex slaves in all but name). They were the brothers of one of your allied nov, and both of them were your target in one mission.