PDA

View Full Version : The Korlen Chronicles: Time of the Awakening [IC]

LostLight
2014-10-19, 02:37 PM
Every year, in the 23rd of the 8th month, a great festival is celebrated through all of the Alurian Empire. This festival is called "The Feast of the Gods"- a week in which all people of all nations, including lands which are officially at war with the Empire, are allowed to enter it turf freely- as long as they respect the rules of Aluria. While it is claimed that it is meant to allow all people through the all continent to meet each other, the real reason is to show the true force of the Empire- that in the end, all obey it. However, most people don't give it much thought, and they use the festival in order to see unusual visitors from far away lands and buy, sell or trade exotic merchandise. That, of course, doesn't done without supervision- guards walk through the streets, seeking for trouble makers, while diviners make sure nothing will go unseen.

While the festival is truly a great celebration, some people need some.. motivation.. to participate it. A threat. A temptation. A promise. All of those are used in order to put the right people, in the right place and the right time. The right time was, of course, the Feast of the Gods. The right place, in that case, was a temple in the city of Murichalla, which stands near the south of Aluria. And the right people were eight individuals from all over the continent, gathered by mysterious invitations which promised either a great reward or an hidden threat- and sometimes, both.

And so, as the right pieces of the puzzle are in place, the story may begin..

Murichalla's Northern Gate
Like the rest of the mounted individual, Kara enters through the northern gate. As she passes the gate, she feels like everyone stare at her- very few people in Aluria have ever seen one of the Hijarfir, and she could see that half of them have gestured signs against the evil eye, while some whispered things about what will happen if she would turn into a bear. While it was enraging, she had to control herself- the one who sent her the invitation has asked her to keep her cool, or else he (she?) would tell her husband where to find her.

Once she entered the stables, she felt a strange smell- the sweet scent of rot. She looked around, and so a priest and his mule- an undead mule. The one was Anumhotep, who came all the way from the Red Desert after the invitation has promised him some important information- one about an ancient relic, lost for time. Hearing the noise of an newcomer, Anumhotep has rose his head- and found himself in front of an Hijarfir Paladin

Murichalla's Western Gate
From the west of the city, another necromancer has entered- and her presence has scared the people even more than the Paladin. It was not her exotic look or the zeal in her eyes- it was her companion: a walking skeleton, armed with stone maces. The guardians weren't willing to let her in at first, fearing about the fear it may cause among the citizens- but tradition is tradition, and only after promising to not use her skeleton to harm anyone in the city and giving one of her hairs to a diviner, she was allowed. To her, the invitation has promised hope- a way to use her second chance in life for a greater cause. While she wasn't a fool and that the one who sent the invitation may be lying- that person still knew about the sacrifice, and it doesn't harm to hear what that person has to say.

One of the people to stare at her was Zisul. In his land, walking openly with a skeleton was equal to getting yourself killed. Yet, her she was- walking with her undead companion like it was the most natural thing in the world. The festival truly was a strange time for the Empire. While he would usually just shook his head and keep going- the problem was that both were going to the same place, for he also had an invitation: one which said how much his father was proud of him.

Murichalla's Eastern Gate
Vicard and his wolf walked proudly through the gate, not caring for the strange looks the rest of the crowd gave them. Unlike some people, he has already visited Aluria a number of times, and knew how to handle the way they treated strangers- usually, by ignoring them. After all, there were more important things for him to do than giving fool people attention- for example, seeing if there was truth in the promise in the latter about that special weapon which was meant to slay black dragons...

Suddenly, Greytail stopped walking, like it noticed something, and without warning has started to run forward. Trying to understand what has happened to his companion, Vicard has chased the wolf- until he saw that it stopped near a tanned man- Otetiani. While the wold look at the surprised thief with big eyes, like it was waiting to be stroked, all that Otetiani could thought about was how to get rid of it and keep moving. He didn't had time to play with a wolf, after all- he had a meeting to get into. His invitation has promised him something he lacked for a long, long time- a family.

Murichalla's Southern Gate
Lucius has waited quietly in the line to get into the city. That was the main gate, and as such it was the most crowded- for most of the "civilized" people have preferred to use it than the other gates, which during the festival were used for the more "exotic" visitors". He was the next to be examined by the guards and the diviners, and in the meanwhile he pondered about the promise which the invitation held- the way to unleash the full potential of his technique.

The one who was examined was Solar. After running away from Flying City, he was a bit lost, not sure what to do in his life. However, the invitation has changed it- in it was written that was a need for someone with his skills for a certain mission, and that the writer won't take no for an answer. It also said that if he won't show up in time, some people in Malesh may hear about is current location, and those people may send people with the same skills he has in order to give him a goodbye present. That invitation has changed everything. He had to get to the city- and make sure that the one behind this won't talk. Forever.

LuckyStrike
2014-10-19, 03:11 PM
Kára regards the mule and his owner with great distrust at first. As she unpacks what she needs from the saddlebags she shakes it off. She knows the festival is an open place for all walks of life, however weird and uncomfortable.
She slings the round shield on her back and fastens two belts. One from which hangs a battle axe. In a strange way the rough weapon seems to suit the fair haired beauty. She whispers something in the horses ear and it whinneys as if laughing at a joke. Then it stomps it's hoof on the floor and disappears.

She casually walks past the priest and says: You should really feed that thing sometime. It looks skin over bone..

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-19, 03:43 PM
Vicard, getting Greytail back under his control proceeded to take a walk around the town, wondering what would be the best place to spend the night. If one of the innkeepers decided to be nice, maybe he could take Greytail into the same room as him. If not, then in the northern inn they'd let Greytail sleep in the inn's stables. Or maybe they'd let him sleep in the stables for free. Any of the options was worse than sleeping under the stars amidst the trees, but then again, he didn't want to be robbed during the night. Yes, the northern inn was most certainly the best choice.

"If only there were less people..." Vicard grumbled. "Let's go, Greytail. And don't eat that."

Atsull
2014-10-19, 04:47 PM
Otetiani pats the wolf on the head before the animal is called back. He continues to weave through the crowd. This meeting is important... but nothing is so important that you can't take a few prizes on the way...

I'm going to try and steal from no more than 5 noble/wealthy looking people in the crowd. If there aren't 5 rich targets, I'll just choose anyone who doesn't look dirt poor.

Sleight of hand checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Let's pick a pretty penny.

LostLight
2014-10-19, 05:20 PM
I'm going to try and steal from no more than 5 noble/wealthy looking people in the crowd. If there aren't 5 rich targets, I'll just choose anyone who doesn't look dirt poor.

Sleight of hand checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Let's pick a pretty penny.

Just as Vicard was about to go on his way, he heard a great scream "Help! a thief!"

He turned around and saw a frightened woman of high status holding her open bag, while the man whom he just met was holding what seemed to be her purse. All the around them, the people has turned toward the thief and the victim, looking on the "barbarian thief" with disgust.

Otetiani didn't knew what has gone wrong- the other people didn't even noticed him, but apparently not everyone where distracted by the celebration. Both he and the ranger could feel the atmosphere become worse and worse, as the Alurians finally found an excuse to their xenophobia. They were strangers, and all strangers are enemies.

Suddenly, one of the mob (who looked as being from an higher status) called "We let those barbarians enter our lovely town- and this how they repay us! And during the holy Feast of the God, no less! Call the guards! Show that lowly thief the might of Aluria's laws!"

That when Otetiani understood he had to run- after all, he was half Alurian. He knew what the "might of the laws" of that land was- especially when it was turned toward strangers.

(OOC- Atsull, add 16 gp from your pick pocketing)

Atsull
2014-10-19, 05:46 PM
Otetiani begins running for a nearby alley. as soon as he's near the entrance to the alley, he slips a match and a smokestick from his belt pack. He light the smokestick, drops it at the mouth of the alley, and makes several turns to throw the guards off his tail.

Atsull
2014-10-19, 05:50 PM
After running for about 90 seconds, Otetiani climbs up some vines growing on a building.

[roll0]

TheEmperor
2014-10-19, 06:20 PM
The man from the Flying City passed through the examination with some form of ease, his recognizable Lairanian perhaps helping with his influence over the guards (or so he thought), but it was likely because he really didn't look like a suspicious fellow. Perhaps, if this had been immediately after he'd crash landed that airship, then he'd have looked like a crow out of Hell, but he'd managed to dress himself in a good manner now. A new life required some kind of dignity, especially if the new life was one of goodness after a life of cruelty and evil acts.

But he couldn't really start his new life yet, could he? Not at all, due to someone knowing of his exploits, in this city. If he wanted to start anew, he'd have to deal with this man, or woman, and find some way to convince him to not to reveal his location to anyone. Or at the very least, listen to what he was suggesting.

But there was no telling what could happen, so he decided he'd try to have an escape route, which was a map of the city he was in. He walked right up to a guard, and asked for assistance in that manner. "Excuse me, but is there a way I could find a map of this city?"

DracoDei
2014-10-19, 06:53 PM
Lucius was feeling just slightly nervous. He knew if the guards checked the saddlebags on Petro they would discover the rest of his weapons easily enough. Of course, there was no law against carrying a weapon... or even several, and the cold-worked coil by his side meant that it wouldn't be as if he could even be thought to be trying to hide the fact that he was armed. Even the fact that he carried both a chain, and a rather large sword, and an equally heavy club would be simple enough.

"Chain for most things, blade for fleshy undead, club for bony undead, javelins for things that it doesn't pay to try to get too close to, sickles for things that like to redefine the meaning of "close" by placing their foe within themselves. A man who makes his living with martial skill had to be ready for a wide spectrum of eventualities." is all I'd have to say and they would not care if they were competent. It is just the SECOND chain, and the SECOND blade, and the SECOND club. I wonder if I should say they are for if something decides to get fancy and break my weapon of choice for a given circumstance? Or perhaps that I was robbed of everything EXCEPT my coin by revolutionaries with odd morals related to , and thus needed a duplicate set... nah, too complicated. Stick to the first one, or go with "Not actually your business." or "Eh, thought I'd try my hand at weapon merchanting with minimal investment until if I know if I'm any good at it, and starting with the goods I know best."... or some combination of all three. he thought to himself.

He turns to the person nearest to him, in order distract himself so his inner fretting doesn't make him look guilty to the guards.

"So then... I wonder if the statues in the temple of Athena in this town are as well-painted as in Nickus? But I'm being rude! What are YOU most interested in doing during the festival?"

TheFamilarRaven
2014-10-19, 09:59 PM
Anumhotep lifted himself from the ground, using a blue and gold striped cane to lean on. The light of the stable glinted off his dark eyes as he looked at the maiden, and spoke in a dry voice. "I would not feed this creature even under the most dire of circumstances..." The priest turned his head, meeting the unblinking stare of the mule's blood red eyes. The motion caused the feather, wrought of silver and attached to a silver chain, to dangle about his neck. "Lie still." He commanded, and the beast obeyed without hesitation.

Anumhotep brushed the dust off his finely woven, cream colored garments, and adjusted a few of the gold bands wrapped around his forearm. From his pouch he retrieved a letter, the invitation addressed to him, and began to read it again, all the while lightly stroking his stiff goatee. The priest had to be sure where he was to meet his mysterious benefactor. When he was done, his eyes tilted up to the women still there.

"Are perhaps going to be standing there all night? Does my creature disturb you that much?"

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-20, 01:50 AM
Seeing the rogue flee through a curtain of smoke, Vicard, knowing that the crowd would turn against him, dashed through another opening in the crowd, dodging the lazy hands that reached out for him.

"Wouldn't survive a day in the forest," Vicard thought.

He flew past the smoke, holding his breath and, as soon as he was past, he grabbed a flask of oil from his backpack, throwing it to the ground.

"Should give them something to think about. Come on, G!"

He could climb a window, but he would have to leave Greytail behind. He instead looked for the nearest open building and ducked into it.

Vicard:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Greaytail:
[roll2]
[roll3]

LuckyStrike
2014-10-20, 03:32 AM
Kára disregards the priests comment and shrugs. 'Just wondering if you would know the way to the temple. Being a priest.. of some sort.'

LostLight
2014-10-20, 03:48 AM
Vicard and Otetiani

While inside the smoke and the chaos, both the ranger and the thief has managed to find an hideout. Through all over the city, guards has swarmed to the area, both in order to catch the thief (and the one with the wolf which some have seen together with criminal few moments before all hell broke loose) and in order to calm down the population- the noble man have started to inflame the people, calling them to get rid of all of the barbarians in the city. Among the two threats, the words of the noble were the bigger one- and as such they preferred to deal with it first. In fact, thanks to the smoke and chaos, the guards have thought that they both have ran to the west, and ran toward the wrong direction.

Otetiani has watched it all in complete silence from the roof top, waiting for the guards to scatter. Then, just when he was about to secretly leave the whole mess behind- a noticed something. Near the woman who has started it all, stood a robbed figure which held her bag while whispering something. Suddenly, the bag has started to shine with light blue- and the hooded figure has turned her head toward the thief and pointed directly at him.

Smoke and chaos may distract regular men- but not the skilled diviners of the Empire.

(Vicard, you are off the hook. Otetiani, your move)

razorback
2014-10-20, 07:18 AM
Passing the guards wasn't a problem for Zisul. Dressed in, and acting the part, of a common sword for hire. Or in this case, spear for hire, wasn't a problem. He had been doing it for enough years now that it was second nature. As he made his way through the city, he unfolded the invitation again, intrigued. His mother had always made off-hand comments about who his father might really be, hinting that it wasn't Tamwar without ever coming out and stating it. It didn't matter as Tamwar was the only father he knew and he died to protect them. Stuffing the letter back under his armor, he looks up in surprise to see the towering woman with the skeletal minion.
"Sin preserve us." he says reflectively before he realizes it, wondering if this woman was a follower of Ereshkigal or, worse, Nergal. Taking a look at her dress, he recognizes her as one of the jungle people of the west, having spent time with them, but unable to tell which group she is with.
Deciding to give her and her... companion a wide berth, he swings around as he follows the directions given. After a short time, he realizes the woman is headed the same way. Slowing his pace, he keeps his distance, trying to keep himself unnoticed by her or seeming a companion of hers by others. He tried too hard to distance himself from magic to place himself right under everyone's eyes again.
Shaking his head, he decides the fates may have other paths for him to take and walks onward.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-10-20, 11:30 AM
"Are you implying that all gods are one in the same?" Anumhotep furled his brow. "You do not look Alurian, have their ignorant assumptions spread that far beyond their home borders? Hs tone darkened slightly. Then he sighed and answered the maiden's question. "It was in the center of town, last I checked. I am on my way there now. You may follow me if that is your wish... Anumhoptep gathered up his belongings and began to leave the stable, his destination: the center of town.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-20, 12:27 PM
Vicard, crouching into a corner with Greytail by his side, hears the guards move closer to the house he's hiding in. They take a look inside and move on, their eyes still burning with the smoke. Letting loose a sigh of relief, Vicard realizes his best chance is to wait for nightfall and then go to the northern inn and spend the night in the stables. Asking for a room might get him recognized.

"Stupid nobles, all full of themselves..." he grumbles.

He takes a look around, looking for a better hiding place, in case the guards would return.

LuckyStrike
2014-10-20, 01:53 PM
It is my experience that ignorance knows no borders. She smiles. But I agree with you that it seems to run rampant here in Aluria.

I meant, however, no such implication and it seems my earlier attempt at humor has had us start off on the wrong foot. I simply need to find the temple and it seems I was right to ask. I would gladly take you up on your offer.

LostLight
2014-10-20, 02:08 PM
Solar and Lucius
Solar could notice that suddenly many guards have left their posts, the hooded figures of the diviners follow them. One of them has stopped near the guard who has checked him while whispering something in his ear before he left- and everyone could see that apparently, there was some kind of emergency.

The guard shook his head and said "of course! I'm sorry- here" he gave him a small piece of paper on which the map of the city was drawn "please enjoy your stay! also" he lowered his voice "try to stay out of trouble. Apparently, one of the.. visitors.. has made some troubles" he let him in, and than called "I'm sorry, everyone, but until one of the diviners would return you'll have to wait. I'm sure it won't take more than a few minutes!"

Through the whole line, people has started to complain about the "barbarian strangers", while the one next to Lucius, a merchant from how he looked, said "You see what happen when you try to tame a wild beast?" he snorted "Anyway, Athena?.." he scratched his head with thought "Oh! you mean Minerva! I understand you are a Kaelian, oh? Your people are not too bad. Almost Alurians." he said the last sentence with a smile, like it was a compliment "Anyway- we hold no statues of our gods in the temple, for this is a small city- we only have a Pantheon, where all gods are being worshiped. After all, the statues matter not- all gods are the same, right?" he laughed "You could find the temple in the middle in the town, if you would like to pray for Minerva. About what I do in the city, I'm a merchant as you may see. I hope to get my hands on some exotic merchandise from our guests" he lowered his voice "and if, for some reason, you would like to buy something less.. accessible, search for my store. Just ask where Julian sells his goods"

Vicard
"Well, well, well..."
Vicard turned around at once, surprised. Neither he or Greytail has heard or felt someone coming near- yet suddenly, out of nowhere, a shrouded figure has showed up, like it was manifested out of the empty air. A woman, according to her voice.
"It seems I miscalculated" she said, not looking at him at all- instead, she looked up, toward one of the roofs "I thought that considering his past, my choice was correct. Instead, it seems that I should have had to simply lure him with money" she sigh "well, you work with whatever raw material you get.. maybe I should help him?" she stopped "No. I want to see what he is capable of. A test, perhaps?.." she finally looked at the ranger, ignoring the frightened Greytail "You, however, I need to go to the temple. If you want my help, I shall lend it to you" she smiled, although he couldn't see that "but one way or another, you shall reach the temple. We have many things to do and no time to waste- so what do you say? Would you like me to lend you an hand?"

TheEmperor
2014-10-20, 03:13 PM
Solar only nodded in return to his words, and accepted the piece of paper. There was bits of writing on it that he didn't recognize, but it seemed quite readable. He replied, as his eyes raced over the map, absorbing it entirely, or at least trying to, "Oh, no worries. I know how that would feel, having outsiders come into your city, and then repay your kindness with simple havoc."

Yes, he would know that. He'd know that way too well.

Autohypnosis memorization check
DC 15

[roll0]

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-20, 03:28 PM
Vicard
"Well, well, well..."
Vicard turned around at once, surprised. Neither he or Greytail has heard or felt someone coming near- yet suddenly, out of nowhere, a shrouded figure has showed up, like it was manifested out of the empty air. A woman, according to her voice.
"It seems I miscalculated" she said, not looking at him at all- instead, she looked up, toward one of the roofs "I thought that considering his past, my choice was correct. Instead, it seems that I should have had to simply lure him with money" she sigh "well, you work with whatever raw material you get.. maybe I should help him?" she stopped "No. I want to see what he is capable of. A test, perhaps?.." she finally looked at the ranger, ignoring the frightened Greytail "You, however, I need to go to the temple. If you want my help, I shall lend it to you" she smiled, although he couldn't see that "but one way or another, you shall reach the temple. We have many things to do and no time to waste- so what do you say? Would you like me to lend you an hand?"

"Hmmm. Appreciate your kindness. But even years in the forest haven't made me forget human nature. Who are you, woman? What business is yours?" Vicard said, reaching out for Greytail, soothing him. "And what do you mean? Luring with money? I am in this house uninvited, but am no thief."

DracoDei
2014-10-20, 03:38 PM
Solar and Lucius
Through the whole line, people has started to complain about the "barbarian strangers", while the one next to Lucius, a merchant from how he looked, said "You see what happen when you try to tame a wild beast?" he snorted "Anyway, Athena?.." he scratched his head with thought "Oh! you mean Minerva! I understand you are a Kaelian, oh? Your people are not too bad. Almost Alurians." he said the last sentence with a smile, like it was a compliment "Anyway- we hold no statues of our gods in the temple, for this is a small city- we only have a Pantheon, where all gods are being worshiped. After all, the statues matter not- all gods are the same, right?" he laughed "You could find the temple in the middle in the town, if you would like to pray for Minerva. About what I do in the city, I'm a merchant as you may see. I hope to get my hands on some exotic merchandise from our guests" he lowered his voice "and if, for some reason, you would like to buy something less.. accessible, search for my store. Just ask where Julian sells his goods"
"Minerva then. As for the other matter, my income for the next little while is more likely to be in intangibles rather than coinage, so I doubt that we would have any business, even if any of your wares were the sort I should consider of... well, shall we say 'legitimate quality' then? A man such as myself must watch his gold carefully, and his heart with a care beyond diamonds." says Lucius warily.

LostLight
2014-10-20, 03:46 PM
Solar only nodded in return to his words, and accepted the piece of paper. There was bits of writing on it that he didn't recognize, but it seemed quite readable. He replied, as his eyes raced over the map, absorbing it entirely, or at least trying to, "Oh, no worries. I know how that would feel, having outsiders come into your city, and then repay your kindness with simple havoc."

Yes, he would know that. He'd know that way too well.

Autohypnosis memorization check
DC 15

[roll0]

As Solar entered the city, he could feel the atmosphere around him. All the people were whispering, talking about how they saw the guards ran through the town. Surprisingly, they weren't scared- they were excited, like they were expecting for some trouble to happen. It wasn't that surprising- those were the same kind of people who had enjoyed watching warrior slaves from far away lands fight and kill each other ion order to get rid of their boredom. They were spoiled, sure of their superiority and cruel- like a wolf in fancy cloths.

Yet, no one has gave him some special attention. His look wasn't different enough to draw attention, and so he was free to do as he wished- he could go to the inn to get something to eat or drink, or maybe he could see some of the merchandise and service both the locals and the visitors from has offered- that was a festival, after all. Another option was for him to go straight to the temple, finishing early and leaving early. All the options were open- what should he do?

LostLight
2014-10-20, 03:59 PM
"Hmmm. Appreciate your kindness. But even years in the forest haven't made me forget human nature. Who are you, woman? What business is yours?" Vicard said, reaching out for Greytail, soothing him. "And what do you mean? Luring with money? I am in this house uninvited, but am no thief."

The woman laughed.
"Oh, you people always amuse me" she said "So much confidence- yet so little knowledge. Always think your every little movement makes a difference, although in you case..." she giggled again, like she was enjoying some private joke "Anyway, it is not the time to answer your first question. About your second- my business is your business, so to speak. About your third question- it is not about you, so you have no right to ask it. And don't be that surprised: I mean, weren't you also being lured here after a certain.. promise? Something to help you in your little "revenge quest"? And finally- believe me, I know you are not a thief. There is no need for two of those. Now" she pulled something from her pocket "This is my help" she put the thing- a small wooden ring- on the floor "that ring in enchanted- once you'll wear it, you'll be able to become invisible for an half an hour. It would allow you to get to the temple unseen, if you'll be careful enough. Don't worry about the diviners- even they can't see through the spell. It has only one use, so make sure you make the most of it" she waved with her hand "And now- the choice is yours. Take my help or leave it. Trust me, or go on your own. Whatever your choice would be- the result would be the same. And I'll be watching you"

And then, she vanished.

LostLight
2014-10-20, 04:06 PM
"Minerva then. As for the other matter, my income for the next little while is more likely to be in intangibles rather than coinage, so I doubt that we would have any business, even if any of your wares were the sort I should consider of... well, shall we say 'legitimate quality' then? A man such as myself must watch his gold carefully, and his heart with a care beyond diamonds." says Lucius warily.

"Very well" said Julian "but if you change your mind or find some other income, you know how to find me. I'll even give you a discount, as a friend." he laughed "wait- how could you be my friend if I don't even know your name? Great Mercury, where is my head! It must be all of that mess in here.." he screamed toward the guard "Hei! How long are we going to wait! Find one of those damn diviners and put him in the gate already! I have costumers waiting!" after that, many other merchants in the line has also started to shout and curse the poor guard, while Julian continued "Anyway, let me to present myself- I am Julian Nassuris. And you are?"

TheFamilarRaven
2014-10-20, 04:09 PM
"Humor is when you mummify the wrong corpse." Anumhotep turned and said wryly. "But come, I believe I know the way." Finally he left the stables. He waited for the maiden outside, and headed towards the temple when she arrived. The priest lead her through the streets of the city, stopping for directions when needed, all the while getting closer to his destination.

Going to the temple in the center of town

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-20, 04:22 PM
The woman laughed.
"Oh, you people always amuse me" she said "So much confidence- yet so little knowledge. Always think your every little movement makes a difference, although in you case..." she giggled again, like she was enjoying some private joke "Anyway, it is not the time to answer your first question. About your second- my business is your business, so to speak. About your third question- it is not about you, so you have no right to ask it. And don't be that surprised: I mean, weren't you also being lured here after a certain.. promise? Something to help you in your little "revenge quest"? And finally- believe me, I know you are not a thief. There is no need for two of those. Now" she pulled something from her pocket "This is my help" she put the thing- a small wooden ring- on the floor "that ring in enchanted- once you'll wear it, you'll be able to become invisible for an half an hour. It would allow you to get to the temple unseen, if you'll be careful enough. Don't worry about the diviners- even they can't see through the spell. It has only one use, so make sure you make the most of it" she waved with her hand "And now- the choice is yours. Take my help or leave it. Trust me, or go on your own. Whatever your choice would be- the result would be the same. And I'll be watching you"

And then, she vanished.

"Hmmmph. We'll see," Vicard thought. "Let's go, G. We seem to be needed," he said.

Vicard examined the ring. "Fine craftsmanship," he thought. He gave it a last look and put it on his finger. In a moment, he couldn't see himself anymore. Greytail would be another matter. Maybe no one would recognize him. That is, if they even saw him.

Vicard:
Move Silently: [roll0]

Greytail:
Hide: [roll1]
Move Silently: [roll2]

TheEmperor
2014-10-20, 04:39 PM
Solar was left with multiple options to take, something he wasn't quite fond of, but it was something of a change, having the illusion of choice. He felt like he would have to hurry to the temple to meet up with the fellow who'd somehow discovered his location, but he had the option of simply enjoying himself for some amount of time. He'd never really had the time to do that, too many times, but he would always take that opportunity. He looked around, and didn't find anything that particularly captured his fancy, although he was somewhat enticed by the idea of grabbing a drink from a bar.

But it was too early for getting drunk, and he had important business to attend to. Instead, he decided to do something else. He thought of trying to find the tallest public building he was allowed to go into, and perhaps let himself go a bit. Contemplate everything that had happened in his life. Or just let his mind... float.

There was beauty in nothingness, and to enjoy as such was difficult.

But nay, he did not have the time to do that much. Perhaps, some other day. He made his way to the temple, after putting the map into a pocket, following the paths he'd memorized by heart.

Atsull
2014-10-20, 06:20 PM
Otetiani is reminded of the divination tutor he had when he was younger - held in a big, stone room decorated with blood red curtains. He never liked the tutor. She was mysterious, but rude when she had to give a straight up answer. She always knew what he was going to say, sometimes interrupting him to tell him he was wrong before he had finished answering. It mad him so angry.

All those experiences only make it more satisfying as he looses his special sleep arrow at the diviner.

Atsull
2014-10-20, 06:21 PM
I assume the diviner is more than 100, but less than 200 feet away. that gives me a -2 to my attack. If it's more than 200 feet, my modifier would only be +2. if it's only 100 ft. or less, my modifier would be +6.
Attack: [roll0]

DracoDei
2014-10-20, 07:07 PM
"Very well" said Julian "but if you change your mind or find some other income, you know how to find me. I'll even give you a discount, as a friend." he laughed "wait- how could you be my friend if I don't even know your name? Great Mercury, where is my head! It must be all of that mess in here.." he screamed toward the guard "Hei! How long are we going to wait! Find one of those damn diviners and put him in the gate already! I have costumers waiting!" after that, many other merchants in the line has also started to shout and curse the poor guard, while Julian continued "Anyway, let me to present myself- I am Julian Nassuris. And you are?"
"Lucius Vulpino sword-, or rather chain-for-hire."

LostLight
2014-10-21, 03:36 AM
I assume the diviner is more than 100, but less than 200 feet away. that gives me a -2 to my attack. If it's more than 200 feet, my modifier would only be +2. if it's only 100 ft. or less, my modifier would be +6.

as the arrow was shot from Otetiani's bow, it his straight into the diviner and burst into light and energy. The thief could have seen the surprised look on the diviner's face, for he defiantly didn't saw that coming- which has immediately made him feel better. That feeling didn't lasted for long, for the dazed look on the diviner's face has vanished. Apparently, he managed to overcome the effects of the arrow- but it did managed to annoy him.

Whispering some quick words in the arcane language, he rose his hand and sent a flare of red light right into the skies, alerting all of the city's guards. In the same movement, he kept whispering words strange words- but this time, as far as Otetiani could see, nothing happened.

Atsull
2014-10-21, 09:01 AM
Otetiani frowns after the arrow fails. He quickly knocks and looses another arrow, this one a little more... physically potent.

Same case as before for attack roll.
Damage: [roll1]

LostLight
2014-10-21, 09:57 AM
Through all the town, an alarm starts. All gates are shot at once, as the guards call an emergency situation. The guardians swarm the streets, running toward the eastern side of the town. Aluria does not work in small, especially when its sacred ceremonies are the ones to be harmed. The criminal should be made into an example to what happens to those who break the laws of the land.

During this time, Vicard as walked unseen through the streets, as Solar understood that if he wished to get to the temple, he should start and speed up. Lucius and the other people outside of the gate as also sigh, understanding that they are not going to enter the city in the near future. Zisul and Inka looked around them, surprised, not sure what happened. During that time, Otetiani looked surprised as both of his arrows were deflected by some unseen barrier. From his place, he could also see that the guards were coming toward his direction- at least 20 of them, and counting. The diviner, angry, spat some words in the magical language and pointed toward the thief- sending 4 bolts of pure energy directly at the thief. The pain was horrible- but still not enough to knock Otetiani out. Still, the guards were coming, and soon the diviner would get his reinforcement.

Meanwhile, at the temple, both Kara and Anumhotep where about to enter the building to meet the one who has summoned them- when a woman in black robes got out, an hood covering her face, showing only her lips- and she surely wasn't smiling.
"Hello there, Kara, knight of great Odin, and Anumhotep, priest of the silent Anubis. I am glad to meet you. While I'm sure that both of you are eager to talk with me about our.. business.. some things have happened, and I require your immediate help" she sigh "This is not how I planned things to happen.."

(OOC- Otetiani suffer 17 damage from magic missiles)

razorback
2014-10-21, 02:02 PM
Zisul looks around, fear evident on his face for a moment, thinking that he had been discovered and is relieved to see that he isn't the center of the maelstrom.
Seeing the guards run, his curiosity is piqued but he thinks on the note and continues on toward the temple, leery that the strange woman is headed in the same direction.

DracoDei
2014-10-21, 02:41 PM
"Troubling, on various levels. Still, not likely to involve us personally." comments Lucius Vulpino.

LuckyStrike
2014-10-21, 03:33 PM
"Hello there, Kara, knight of great Odin, and Anumhotep, priest of the silent Anubis. I am glad to meet you. While I'm sure that both of you are eager to talk with me about our.. business.. some things have happened, and I require your immediate help" she sigh "This is not how I planned things to happen.."

Kára walks up to the woman in a calm and collected manor. She listens to what she has to say and then suddenly springs forward to pull the woman's hood back with her left hand and grab the woman's throat with her right. Not nessicarily to hurt her but to make sure she looks straight in her eyes.

You lure me here with threats and now you want my help? You have no idea who you are messing with..
She hisses the words and pushes the woman back letting go of her neck.

I'll have the whole story right now before I decorate these streets with your insides.

Start talking... She says as she unhooks her axe and swings her shield over her shoulder.
And don't for a moment think I won't know if your lying to me.

TheEmperor
2014-10-21, 04:11 PM
Solar walked in a somewhat fast manner, closer to a jog, than a walk, but not for the original reason of getting to the temple quickly, but actually to keep himself in proper shape. He hadn't been concentrating on personal health for enough time now, which wasn't a fantastic idea, ever.

But he made his way quickly enough, and soon, was at the steps of the temple, where he began his ascent into the temple.

Atsull
2014-10-21, 05:25 PM
Otetiani whips a scroll out of his backpack, and casts the spell off of it. He quickly runs to the other side of the building, and begins climbing down the side of the building.

OOC: Otetiani used a scroll of Cure Light Wounds. Here's the use magic item check, if you do scrolls that way: [roll0] And the healing: [roll1]

TheFamilarRaven
2014-10-21, 09:20 PM
Anumhotep watched the scene unfold before him. If he was surprised by the sudden outburst from the knight, he didn't show it. Hmm, she's quick to anger. That's good to know. The priest maintained a passive face, while his thoughts drowned out the knight's yelling. I suppose there's nothing wrong with this situation. I myself would have requested the hood to be removed. After all, one can't trust another without seeing their eyes. Oh, I do hope she doesn't kill her though. They might implicate me in the act. On the other hand, I might be able to disguise her corpse for awhile. And it's not as if getting her to speak is impossible after she has passed. Anubis has granted me that blessing. But it most certainly is less likely to be cryptic if she is still alive. And besides, then I'd had have to deal with a murderer too. Considering this, it is most likely my best course of action to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

"Ahem." Anumhotep began. "This women may have information that is vital to my holy quest. Whatever vendetta you have against her should be taken to the followers of Ma'at. Later. For now I have questions that need answering..."

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-22, 02:40 AM
Vicard got to the temple, still invisible, just in time to see the Paladin's outburst. Leaving Greytail outside, he climbed the steps, notched an arrow and stood ready, taking cover behind a column. He decided to spend some time watching the events unfold.

LostLight
2014-10-22, 07:48 AM
9OOC- Atsull, the DC for Use Magic Device is 21. 19 is not enough. The scroll is not wasted, but the healing didn't took place. The guards are still coming and the diviner doesn't pursue. You have 2 free actions until they'll come)

Meanwhile, in the temple, the woman hasn't moved a muscle once Kara jumped on her. Once the hood was removed, all present could see her face- a slightly tanned skin, teal eyes and black long hair. She was beautiful, yet cold in some way. She didn't seemed to be threatened by the deeds or the words of the paladin- she even didn't looked uncomfortable. She was like a statue- silent, still and uncaring.

"I know with whom I am messing with" she said eventually "I know you- Kara, chosen by the Allfather, who was taken from her people and forced to be married to a stranger in strange land. I know about your prayer, and I know about your answer. I know about rite, the swan and the horse. I've seen the day you were born, and I'll see the day you'll die." she turned her head toward Anumhotep "And I know you, priest of Anubis. I know about your wishes to find what was lost, and I know about the old thief- about his crime and his redemption. Ma'at shall not judge me, and neither you jackal god- for I've done nothing." she waved with her hand "Now, while I too eager to just finish already our meeting, I do hate to repeat myself. Besides, not all of my guests are here" she looked toward where Vicard was hiding, smiled and continued "although they do start to gather. If you wish to hear the all story already, than please- could you all lend me an hand at getting the other guests to our meeting?"

Atsull
2014-10-22, 08:54 AM
Otetiani takes out an alchemist's fire, waits a moment, then throws it at the best entrance to the building's roof. Then he takes out his handaxe in one hand, and a throwing axe in the other.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-22, 10:17 AM
Vicard steps forward and calls, his bow still at the ready. He is getting angry at the woman. He kept his ring on nonetheless, in case it would be needed. "Speak," he says.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-10-22, 11:58 AM
"My lady, you have it backwards. Anubis will judge you no matter what you do. It is he who will see if you have truly done nothing. Can you claim your soul weighs less than a feather?" Anumhotep asked rhetorically. He then sunk back into his thoughts. This woman seems to like her mysteries. Maybe I would actually get a more straight forward answer from her corpse ... oh well.

The priest continued speaking. " But if I am understanding you correctly. In order for me to obtain what I desire, I must search this city for strangers, whom I've never met, and who are more than likely to be from lands I've never seen. Or even invisible." Anumhotep nodded his head towards the disembodied voice. "And then I must bring them here?"

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-22, 01:21 PM
"Excuse me, but this item only works once, and my invisibility may still be useful." He turns towards the woman. "If you tell me how to find these... 'guests'... then I might do so.. Tough I won't do so without a good reason."

LuckyStrike
2014-10-22, 02:10 PM
Who are you..? Kára whispers after recovering from the shock of what the woman had just said. The calm logical behavior of the fellow strangers had an effect on her and she decided to wait and let the woman speak her business.

The axe lowered and her shoulders relaxed making her look a lot less aggressive.

razorback
2014-10-22, 06:25 PM
Zisul proceeds to the temple, moving quickly past the strange woman and her companion.
As he gets to within sight of the temple, he sees others quickly moving towards and inside of it.
""Strange is the shifting of the sands of fate today." he mutters to himself.
He waits a few moments, to let whoever is inside move towards whatever they are going towards so he can, hopefully, enter unseen. Looking over his shoulder he still doesn't see the tall, strange woman, so he proceeds to enter the building only to see a strange spectacle before him.
Seeing these people threatening an unarmed woman is unsettling, even though he recognizes their stances as ones that can handle themselves in a fight. Nevertheless, he won't allowed this woman to be mistreated.
Standing in the entrance, spear butt on the ground, he intones " I think everyone here needs to take a step back and rethink the paths they are walking." trying to put some menace into his voice.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-23, 04:25 PM
Vicard spins around, pointing his bow at the newcomer.

"This woman threatened some, spied on all, and now demands our help. The same for you?"

TheEmperor
2014-10-23, 04:46 PM
Solar seemed to realize he'd walked into some crazy arse situation the second he step foot into the temple. He looked forward, and saw what was the equivalent of a Matronian street standoff, except without the wands of Energy Bolt. He immediately ducked in behind a pillar because he really didn't like standoffs.

Or Energy Bolt, but that was different. Mainly because the pain those would cause bucketloads of annoyances for him.

Hide check

[roll0]

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-23, 05:01 PM
Vicard:
[roll0]

Greytail:
[roll1]

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-24, 01:27 AM
Out the corner of his eye, Vicard spots a figure moving behind a column. Leaving Greytail in the same place, Vicard moves towards it, his footsteps still muffled by the echo of the shouts and threats, trying to get a better understanding of what's going on, all while keeping his bow on the man near the door.

LuckyStrike
2014-10-24, 05:13 AM
As it becomes more crowded by the second, and with the tensions rising Kára raises her shield once more defensively. She grips her axe more firm and looks around warily. Surrounded by possible hostile elements she curses herself for blindly walking into a trap but remains focused on danger.

There were simply too many unknown elements at play here, and she needed time to get to the bottom of it. She decides to take a chance in order to calm the situation a bit.

She lets go of her axe and it falls on the temple steps with a lazy thud. She raises her hand reinforcing her intentions of peace.

At a loss for words she waits..

razorback
2014-10-24, 07:14 AM
"I have not threatened, spied, or made any demands for help from you and yet you threaten me with violence for asking you to stop the violent path you are taking. If you feel threatened by this " Zisul says just as he lets his spear drop "... then feel threatened no more. It would seem the handful of you have outmatched this woman your stance seems wrong. Perhaps calling the town guard can rectify this matter?" he finishes as he slowly raises his hands in a non-threatening manor.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-24, 10:03 AM
Keeping his bow raised, Vicard waits for the man behind the column to make a move, in case his intentions are non-peaceful.

drack
2014-10-25, 03:18 AM
Inka could make neither heads or tails of what the grouchy men at the gate had been saying earlier. She figured it had something to do with their culture, but in the end she was at a loss, and requesting hair? Was that some form of currency? She had taken one of the zombie hairs that had blown into her own over her travels, and as she walked through the city she instructed her zombies to make peach with the locals, charitably giving away some of the hair these people valued so greatly.

Still, she diligently made her way to the temple as soon as she entered the city, getting her directions from those unfortunate enough to be cornered by a troop of undeads and paid handsomely in hair.

TheEmperor
2014-10-25, 11:13 AM
OOC: Deleted last post because I am of dumb. The dumb is me.

Solar was under the impression that the situation was getting a tad bit violent, but he noticed that some of the people had started lowering their weapons. He stepped out from cover, and loudly said "Well, this looks likes a pretty violent greeting. Err, mind telling me why you're here, and why I am? This is, of course, assuming if you were all called here. I don't know how things work here, so if this some sort of gang-related standoff, I'll go away."

LostLight
2014-10-25, 01:14 PM
The woman looked at Kara, smiling, and released herself easly from her grasp. She looked around and said "Well, I see that almost everyone are here- only two left. Don't worry" she dais toward Solar "I do have something important to ask from all of you- but first, two of you are still needed. One is locked outside of town. The other is being chased by the guards. If you would help the later, you would let the former to get in. Once you'll get him into the temple, the guards would give up the chase- the old laws are still valid." she pointed toward the invisible Vicard "He knows where he is hiding. Once you all would gather in here, I'll be allowed to tell you why I need your help"

meanwhile, the guards who has chased Otetiani has discovered themselves blocked by a burning wall of flame. While it helped block them away for now, the thief could hear them screaming "Water! Bring water!". Thankfully, their wizard hadn't had some spell to put down the fire. However, it won't be long before they'll get enough water to get rid of that barrier.

Atsull
2014-10-25, 02:05 PM
Otetiani puts away his throwing axe (While still holding his handaxe) and begins running. As he runs, he grabs a tanglefoot bag from his backpack, ready to throw it if the guards catch up to him.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-25, 02:12 PM
"Hmmmm. Yes, I do. I'll see to it. But, only if it gets us some answers."

Vicard stepped outside of the temple and hurried to where he had last seen the thief. He grabbed a length of rope and the grappling hook from his backpack, tied them together, and slung it in his shoulder. He reached for the signal whistle on his belt pouch and put it in a pocket, ready for use.

Atsull, want to take any more actions before I move in?

Atsull
2014-10-25, 03:30 PM
I've done all I could. Hop right in.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-25, 07:07 PM
Vicard spins the rope and swings the grappling hook toward the roof.

DC 10 + 2 (the roof should be between 10 and 20 ft. high)
[roll0]

wkwkwkwk1
2014-10-26, 04:20 AM
The hook clangs into the roof, latching into a saliency in the roof. Vicard hoped the thief would accept the help coming out of nowhere.

LostLight
2014-11-01, 05:27 AM
While in the temple, the woman looked on the ranger as he walked away.
"I understand you are going let him handle all the work?" she asked and turned toward Kara "after all, I do believe that you have a.. gift which could help them. Yet, this is your choice- the end may be the same, but the way is for you to decide" she turned her attention toward the upcoming priest with her undead minion "please come in, Inka Songflower- yet leave you servants behind. The dead can not enter this sacred ground- and while they may be a divine gift, no god may have higher power upon another in this place" she sigh "now, if only they would finally find the thief and open the gate, we can all begin- follow me" she said while entering the temple "and feel yourself comfortable"

meanwhile, the fire Otetiani has lighten was put down, and the 10 guards has walked down the ally, chasing the thief while running in an inhuman speed. It won't be long before they catch him.

OOC- next turn they'll catch up with you.

drack
2014-11-01, 08:21 AM
Inka remains with her minions in the entryway. These foreigners truly had no sense. shaking her Head Inka tries her best to explain the failings of the woman's logic. "The creator of all is everywhere, be it within this stone hovel or without, as for barring my people entryway, my people are a part of the gifts my god has given me, I have not seen you leaving all your spells and powers outside. Even were I to leave these I am never without the dead, to ask such of me is to ask my absence, something I cannot now give you."

LostLight
2014-11-01, 09:01 AM
Inka remains with her minions in the entryway. These foreigners truly had no sense. shaking her Head Inka tries her best to explain the failings of the woman's logic. "The creator of all is everywhere, be it within this stone hovel or without, as for barring my people entryway, my people are a part of the gifts my god has given me, I have not seen you leaving all your spells and powers outside. Even were I to leave these I am never without the dead, to ask such of me is to ask my absence, something I cannot now give you."

The woman turned around and simply smiled.
"The choice is yours" she said "The end is the same."

Atsull
2014-11-01, 10:35 AM
Otetiani will toss a tanglefoot bag at the guards. If the bag hits, he's going to loose an arrow at them

Tanglefoot bag: [roll0]
Longbow: [roll1]

drack
2014-11-01, 10:46 AM
Inka follows taking up the rear, hoard in toe.

razorback
2014-11-01, 03:38 PM
Zisul almost physically cringes when he sees the tall death keeper.
"Fate, you have always conspired against me." he says to himself as he picks up his spear and follows the strange woman with the others.

TheEmperor
2014-11-01, 03:49 PM
Solar cursed as he saw the horde of dead follow the new woman, but didn't say much other than that. He continued along, and decided to follow the rest.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-11-01, 07:48 PM
"Interesting..." Anumhotep said to Inka. "So the people of your land rise as undead? Or perhaps these are your land's criminals back from beyond to serve penance?" As he spoke, the priest moved along with the rest of the group. He had to confirm that this newcomer was not abusing the power to control the dead.

Although at the moment, that was a secondary concern, for the women seemed finally ready to divulge her secrets to Anumhotep. The priest did not understand why so many strangers had to be present, but he did not fell inquisitive on the subject.

drack
2014-11-01, 07:52 PM
Still feeling all the awkwardness of these strange cultures Inka tries to explain. The dead... The dead pry into the affairs of the living too freely, or at least that is what I've seen of late. Their spirits... do not sit idle.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-11-01, 07:58 PM
Anumhotep gave a queer look to the foreigner and spoke rather bluntly. "Well have you tried burying them? Do you not have burial rites for the dead? Mummification works wonders, though it is only fitting for priests and pharaohs ... " He ended in a matter of fact tone.

drack
2014-11-01, 08:14 PM
Inka, rather confused by the statement inquires "You would burn the world?"

TheFamilarRaven
2014-11-01, 08:32 PM
"Wh-what?" Anumhotep was now just as, if not more, confused than the strange women. "I made no mention of fire, nor of any desire to set the world aflame. I merely stated that the blight of undeath upon your lands may be because you do not follow the proper ceremonies for guiding the souls of the dead to the gods."

drack
2014-11-01, 08:54 PM
Failing to see how the man saw no place for flames in cremation Inka shook her head, her hair streaming elegantly in its wake. "No, no, it is not my lands that are plagued by the overly helpful dead, it is I. Are your lands then filled with dead improperly sent to the world of spirits?"

TheFamilarRaven
2014-11-01, 10:20 PM
"No, the only dead that walk freely in my lands are the mummies of our great leaders who serve to guide us. The rest are criminals brought back from beyond to serve the living, in order to pay for their crimes." Anumhutep glanced at the skeletons following behind. "So they just, rise up and assist you in your endeavors?"

LostLight
2014-11-01, 10:23 PM
Any undead who enters the temple starts burning with hot, white fire, and suffer 4 damage.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-11-02, 08:03 AM
Wishing no quarrel against the city guards, Vicard says, "Leave them. Run to temple, stop shooting. Now."

drack
2014-11-02, 09:13 AM
slowly Inka and the undeads leave the temple. "Yes, they simply rise up from the dirt and the stone, though it seems we are unwelcome here." Frowning at that last bit she begins to reluctantly walk away from the temple. She'd considered tearing it down at its foundations, but had decided against it. Clearly the god of gods had need of her elsewhere.

LostLight
2014-11-02, 01:00 PM
The woman looked at Inka and frowned- not true anger, but enough to make her look a little... dangerous.
"This ground and this day are neutral" she said "no spell by the god may be cast in here, and none of their gifts are allowed to enter. Relics crumble to dust and prayers die unheard. No god may answer, no matter if their priest shall scream while blood fill their mouth. If you can not understand that simple truth- the choice is yours. You may leave- or try to leave. I watch- not act. But you would not return from Mitnal twice, and Ah Puch shall not let go of your soul- and fate is cruel to those who defy its will, no matter which name you call it. You are needed- and you must accept the fact that you are among the living, not the dead"

drack
2014-11-02, 01:09 PM
I understand quite well. My life is a gift from a god and thus is unwelcome in these walls, and so I enter them not.

OOC: boy I hope this isn't one of those obnoxious games where the GM tries to use fate to jerk you about until your character agrees with their character. :smallconfused: If she cannot enter and cannot leave I suppose she will simply cease to exist. :smallconfused:

LostLight
2014-11-02, 02:16 PM
I understand quite well. My life is a gift from a god and thus is unwelcome in these walls, and so I enter them not.

OOC: boy I hope this isn't one of those obnoxious games where the GM tries to use fate to jerk you about until your character agrees with their character. :smallconfused: If she cannot enter and cannot leave I suppose she will simply cease to exist. :smallconfused:

The woman stars at her and says "I'm don't trying to work sense into you, girl. More important things stand on the stack- the Time of the Awakening is here. Your presence is needed, and if the dead are your problem, I have no regrets about putting them into final rest" she waved at her hand toward the others "Please, could any of you convince that woman? We don't have time to waste"

considering that your character doesn't want to participate in the plot, it is the same as not existing. I understand roleplaying, and I don't want to punish you for roleplaying and I try to avoid doing deus ex machina- so either one of the other characters would convince Inka or that she'll find a way to reconcile her faith. The woman speak on fate because who she is, not because I'm going to screw with you, but the plot must go on

razorback
2014-11-10, 11:54 PM
"Miss, I am unsure why you are here but I know of a... potential reason for me being here. If it is as enticing to you it is to me, you must consider the possibility of leaving your... helpers outside while we investigate. I'm sure the common rabble here, while we are all under the protection he Feast of the Gods, that no one will harass them even if they could muster the courage to do so. Either way, I can't imagine they would mind much, but I can see that you are quite attached to them. If there were some way, I would watch over them, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I would ask that you look at the broader picture of what may stand before us." he says with a slight bow towards her.

drack
2014-11-11, 02:02 PM
"To suffer the fate that would be theirs?" Inka frowns solemnly. "I believed I was drawn here by my god, yet this is a place where no god may have more power over others, clearly one so blessed by a god as I... As my people... It seems we are unwelcome for fear of this balance. My god would not send me here to die so I must instead continue searching for where it is I am meant to be." Returning a sad smile, she had to believe the poor soul hadn't noticed that they were asking her to bath in this woman's wrathful flames and die, again, for both her beliefs and predicament. Shaking her head softly she turns, continuing to walk from the temple to the glorious task her god has given her.

razorback
2014-11-11, 11:25 PM
As the tall woman starts to walk off, Zisul takes a step towards her as he considers for a moment.
"Not all can be a coincidence." he mumbles to himself.
Shaking his head to himself, he stands upright and yells towards her "If you're god sent you here, then he would know you're fate and would not allow you to die in such a meaningless way. We are all here for a reason and we should all find out what that is. Walking away from your fate is never a good thing. Believe, I have tried and have regretted it at every turn."

TheFamilarRaven
2014-11-11, 11:30 PM
Anumhotep frowned. "What can be so important that this women come inside this temple. She has shown clearly that doing so would cause egregious harm to her and her followers. Could I not simply describe whatever events transpired to her? I will act as a messenger if it leads me closer to my goal."

drack
2014-11-12, 10:00 PM
Smiling once again Ina asks "Oh would you?!"

razorback
2014-11-12, 11:09 PM
Zisul smiles and says to Anumhotep under his breath "You are a brighter man than I."