PDA

View Full Version : Places to play online

MediaMoogle
2014-10-19, 06:14 PM
Im looking for additional sources for my d&d fix. My group has split and moved around the world, so now we play on roll20. I have found it hugely entertaining, but am looking for new adventures. Where would you suggest to go to for 3rd party online adventures?

Wacky89
2014-10-19, 06:42 PM
Can't you just join more adventures on roll20? I think it's the best place to play if you dont want to play post by post on these forums

MediaMoogle
2014-10-19, 07:02 PM
The hours they are looking for and my schedule don't mix.

ngilop
2014-10-19, 07:23 PM
try RPOL (http://rpol.net/)

its a website dedicated to just forum based PbPs. and unlike this site (GiTP) where you only get 2 threads for the game, you get as many as you want with a dice roller and other such goodies.

there are literally THOUSANDS of active games at any time so you should be able to find one very easily.

Wacky89
2014-10-19, 07:27 PM
what timezone are u in? What times works for u? I know 2 GM's looking for players right now

RoboEmperor
2014-10-19, 07:31 PM
How slow is play by post? I hate waiting 10+minutes on a game I want to play right now, which is why I never consider it and stick to weekly 6 hour session type games.

try RPOL (http://rpol.net/)

its a website dedicated to just forum based PbPs. and unlike this site (GiTP) where you only get 2 threads for the game, you get as many as you want with a dice roller and other such goodies.

there are literally THOUSANDS of active games at any time so you should be able to find one very easily.

This seems really attractive, but again, is it slow? :s

MilesTiden
2014-10-19, 07:53 PM
Yes, RPoL is slow. It's a pbp site, just like this one, but focused exclusively on pbp. Just as a note though, it is very sparse on the dnd, with a lot of other common systems. If that's your thing, fine, but as someone who plays exclusively dnd 3.5, I found it a bit hard to find games sometimes. :smalltongue: It's a good site though, especially for arena type things, and complicated games with lots of individual storylines.

Gwendol
2014-10-20, 09:09 AM
ROA (Realms Of Adventure) is a collection of FR 3.5 games on RPOL that is functional. Games are generally slow, but so are all PBP.