PDA

View Full Version : Modifying supernatural abilities (3.5)

herrhauptmann
2014-10-19, 08:17 PM
Just what the title says folks, is there a way to modify a Su ability the way we can modify breath weapons, spells, and spell-like abilities?
In this case, I'm thinking of something that works like Reach Spell or Maximize Spell.

I bring this up because of a question someone asked on Reddit; and they keep suggesting other metamagic feats for their Su ability.

-Thank you.

Urpriest
2014-10-19, 08:24 PM
There are a couple feats that let you do this in Tome of Magic, Binder section. If it's not in there you probably can't do it though.

herrhauptmann
2014-10-19, 08:44 PM
Got it, thank you.

peacenlove
2014-10-20, 12:38 AM
In addition, for certain supernatural/extraordinary abilities, there are feats that enhance them permanently (such as Deadly Poison or Empower ability damage).
Lastly, there is always Monster Manual's Ability focus.

Rubik
2014-10-20, 10:00 AM
I know it probably doesn't help you much, but if your Supernatural ability is a modified form of another ability (such as taking Supernatural Transformation (Psionics), your metapsionic feats and other modifiers that alter powers should still work. After all, even though they're Supernatural, they're still psionic powers, and can be altered accordingly. The same thing applies if you've applied Supernatural Spell. They can't be used with abilities that specify Spell-Like or Psi-Like abilities, however, since they no longer are either.