Chelios
2014-10-20, 03:12 AM
Level 6 Wood Elf
Warcaster
Str 8 Dex 14 Con14 Int 10 Wis 18 Cha 12

Help me chose spells pls.

hymer
2014-10-20, 03:26 AM
What are you likely to be doing, where, and with whom? And are you asking for help making a prepared list, or cantrip choice, or picking a land for your circle spells?

Edit: And what land have you chosen for your circle spells if you're asking for prepared spells?

Edit: Some thoughts without knowing the answers to the questions asked. (C) denotes a Concentration spell:

Cantrips: Druidcraft, Guidance (C), Mending, Produce Flame

1: Cure Wounds, Entangle (C), Faerie Fire (C), Goodberry, Longstrider

2: Heat Metal (C), Pass without Trace (C)

3: Conjure Animals (C), Dispel Magic, Meld into Stone

For Cure Wounds/Goodberry/Healing Word, see discussion in my guide (link in my signature; second post, 'On Spells that Restore Hit Points'). Generally, you want to avoid pulling healer duty.
Heat Metal is only dependable if you will meet opponents using metal arms and armour (and particularly armour). Cast against enemies you expect to stand long. Just before you or they run off is the perfect time.
Pass without Trace is great for anyone stealthing, and particularly good if your whole group wants/needs to stealth.
Conjure Animals is your go-to combat solution for tough encounters, and they may well last into subsequent encounters. Four apes or two brown bears are common choices, depending on space needs. They are supposed to deal your damage and keep the enemy from hitting you. You can either run and hide, or trust in your War Caster and stay, pelting the enemy with Produce Flame (or casting Dispel Magic as needed).
Dispel Magic is situational, but great if it does come up.
Meld into Stone is panic button and stealthy long rest. Can leave it to your summons to mop up.

Chelios
2014-10-20, 07:45 AM
What are you likely to be doing, where, and with whom? And are you asking for help making a prepared list, or cantrip choice, or picking a land for your circle spells?

Edit: And what land have you chosen for your circle spells if you're asking for prepared spells?

we use this HR: Circle of the Land

After a short rest, you may choose to continue be bond to your land, or choose a land in wich you find.

Edit: Some thoughts without knowing the answers to the questions asked. (C) denotes a Concentration spell:

Cantrips: Druidcraft, Guidance (C), Mending, Produce Flame

1: Cure Wounds, Entangle (C), Faerie Fire (C), Goodberry, Longstrider

2: Heat Metal (C), Pass without Trace (C)

3: Conjure Animals (C), Dispel Magic, Meld into Stone

For Cure Wounds/Goodberry/Healing Word, see discussion in my guide (link in my signature; second post, 'On Spells that Restore Hit Points'). Generally, you want to avoid pulling healer duty.
Heat Metal is only dependable if you will meet opponents using metal arms and armour (and particularly armour). Cast against enemies you expect to stand long. Just before you or they run off is the perfect time.
Pass without Trace is great for anyone stealthing, and particularly good if your whole group wants/needs to stealth.
Conjure Animals is your go-to combat solution for tough encounters, and they may well last into subsequent encounters. Four apes or two brown bears are common choices, depending on space needs. They are supposed to deal your damage and keep the enemy from hitting you. You can either run and hide, or trust in your War Caster and stay, pelting the enemy with Produce Flame (or casting Dispel Magic as needed).
Dispel Magic is situational, but great if it does come up.
Meld into Stone is panic button and stealthy long rest. Can leave it to your summons to mop up.

thank you for all.