PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Complete Control: Opinions? Experience?

Xuldarinar
2014-10-20, 04:40 AM
As much as I enjoy at times the simplicity of having a class based game, a skill based game is more "realistic" and is something that constructed and managed properly Im certain I would enjoy. Although I wasn't looking for such a thing, I did stumble upon Complete Control and simply had to get a copy.

Is anyone familiar with it? What are your experiences with it? How does it compare to the standard class based system of the game? It looks good to me, though certainly a bit more difficult to manage, but that doesn't mean it plays well.

BWR
2014-10-20, 05:06 AM
Haven't heard of it before. I did something like this for 3.x about 11 years ago, so it will be interesting to see how they compare. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Xuldarinar
2014-10-20, 05:15 AM
Haven't heard of it before. I did something like this for 3.x about 11 years ago, so it will be interesting to see how they compare. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Well, to sum up the system it is based upon upon spending experience on everything. Skills, feats, class features, saves, hit die (number and size) and attack bonus. Character level is based upon experience earned overall in this case.

Psyren
2014-10-20, 08:32 AM
RPGNow has reviews. (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=58711) I may check this out at some point just for the novelty of it.

Nothing much to add. I recall a post from Jeremy of DSP saying it was one of their best selling pdfs, but I think that was before Pathfinder blew them up.