PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Warlock-, DFA-, or Binder-like classes in PF?

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-20, 06:40 PM
TL;DR what classes have magic with unlimited uses/day or continuous effects as their core mechanic?

I really like the Warlock, Dragonfire Adept, and Binder classes in 3.5, because I love playing magical characters but I hate bookkeeping. What classes with similar all-day or at-will abilities exist in Pathfinder? I know of the 3rd party Warlock and Occultist classes; the Warlock seems more to my liking of the two, since they get to choose from the plethora of awesome school abilities out there, plus a few unique abilities of their own. What other all-day classes are there?

thethird
2014-10-20, 06:42 PM
There is a meldshaping project (but I don't know if that's your cup of tea since you don't mention incarnate or totemist).

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-20, 06:47 PM
There is a meldshaping project (but I don't know if that's your cup of tea since you don't mention incarnate or totemist).

Oh, Incarnum counts. I just neglected to mention it because I like having a mix of passive and active magical abilities, whereas normal casters are purely active (i.e. requires activation to have an effect), while Incarnum is purely passive (does stuff without activation).

Dusk Eclipse
2014-10-20, 06:49 PM
I can't remember the publisher, but there is a Binder update named Occultist.

malonkey1
2014-10-20, 07:07 PM
I can't remember the publisher, but there is a Binder update named Occultist.

That would be from Radiance House. Additionally, we have Akashic Mysteries coming out from Dreamscarred Press (Not to mention Path of War, but that's not what you want). There's been talk of a cross-company thing to link Akasha and the Occultist as well. DSP is also doing pre-alpha Truenaming stuff, and I actually devised a pretty extensive homebrew Warlock update, if you want me to PM it to you.

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-20, 07:24 PM
That would be from Radiance House. Additionally, we have Akashic Mysteries coming out from Dreamscarred Press (Not to mention Path of War, but that's not what you want). There's been talk of a cross-company thing to link Akasha and the Occultist as well. DSP is also doing pre-alpha Truenaming stuff, and I actually devised a pretty extensive homebrew Warlock update, if you want me to PM it to you.

Sure! I'm a big fan of the Warlock in particular, so a homebrew update would be welcome. "Invocation" just has such a nice ring to it, more so than even "Vestige" or "Soulmeld".