PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Devil-Tiger: Haloan, The Shining Light of Emerald (PEACH)

Raazan
2014-10-20, 07:50 PM
This is my first attempt at exalted homebrewing, so I thought I'd make something that is both entertaining, and unlikely to come up in my own game (that way, if I don't finish it, it isn't the end of the world). Basic concept: a devil tiger based on the green lantern core from the DC universe. I am going to start with the Excellency (and maybe sorcerous initiation) and a basic idea of how I want the tree to built, and I will expand it from there to include all the various charms. I want feedback here, and if you have an idea for a charm, I will gladly hear it. Anyone who is intimately familiar with the comics, animated series, etc. your input on thematics is very welcome, and if you know the system, great, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Haloan Urge: The Urge to Protect.
Haloan is a defender of the innocent and vanquisher of evil. His Urge demands that the weak be defended, tyrants cast down, and any who would prey on those weaker than them be brought down to size. Destruction can be a part of this urge, but the thing to be destroyed must be bringing harm to the downtrodden.
Example Urges
Defend the citizens of Gethamane from the things that lurk in the dark
End the practice of Slavery in the East
Stop the guild's distribution of narcotics
Torment
Imperfection of The Shining Light of Emerald
Haloan is a defender, and he must protect others before himself. If an ally or bystander within (Willpower) yards has taken one or more levels of damage since his last action, the infernal must pay an extra 3 motes to use a charm with this imperfection to defend himself.
Charm Concept: Bystanders
A bystander is an individual who is not taking part in the current combat.
New Keywords
Will: Permanent Charms with this keyword function only while the infernal has at least 3 points of temporary willpower remaining

First Haloan Excellency - Essence Overwhelming
Cost: 1m per die; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 1 for attacker; Step 2 for defender)
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
This Charm functions identically to the other First (Yozi) Excellencies, except that its benefits only apply to actions that meet Haloan's particular set of criteria. A description of Haloan's purview follows.
The Shining Light of Emerald is protective and just. He defends the weak, using his wisdom to decide on the best course of action. His perception is excellent and neither brightest day nor darkest night impedes his vision. He is strong, but he is also inventive and he comes up with innovative solutions to difficult problems. Haloan has extraordinary reserves of will, and he draws his strength from it. He can pierce deception and detect intent. He is a creator but his creations are short-lived and built for a purpose

Haloan Mythos Exultant
Cost: —; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: First Haloan Excellency
This functions exactly like the other (Yozi) Mythos Exultant charms, except it gives the following benefits
Instead of Motes, the Infernal can gain the stunt rating in willpower (one for a one-die stunt, two for a two-die stunt, three for a three-die Stunt)

Ascendancy Mantle of Haloan
Cost: —; Mins: Essence 5; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Native
Prerequisite Charms: First Haloan Excellency

Sorcerous Enlightenment of Haloan
Cost:-: Mins: Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Sorcerous
Prerequisite Charms: Appropriate First (Yozi) Excellency
The Shining Light of Emerald creates temporary objects, not long lasting ones. Any spell that creates a physical objext that exists for no more than one scene cost 10 motes and one Willpower less (minimum five motes, one Willpower). Examples include Blood Lash, Curtain of Quartz, Flight of the Brilliant Raptor, Flying Guillotine, Magma Kraken. However, he can not abide the theft of will, and so spells that inflict unnatural mental influence or inhibit will in some other supernatural way (Corrupted Words, for example) cost an additional Willpower.

The Charms of Haloan
(Names still in development, suggestions welcome)
Emerald Arsenal
Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-Ok, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
The Shining Light of Emerald strikes with the force of will. This charm may supplement any attack made against an enemy up to (Essence) yards away. It increases the raw damage of the attack by (Willpower/2) Dice and envelops it in green energy.

This charm is basically like Immaculate Golden Bow, Glorious Solar Sabre, Glorious Solar Plate, and Spirit Weapons combined into one charm, with the following limitations
1. it cannot create a weapon and armor at the same time
2. I might change the magical material (probably to jade, specifically green jade

This will become the basis of a large portion of the charm tree, with many expansions, modifications and alternate uses (create vehicles, siege weaponry, improvised weapons with high damage, use melee weapons created by charm at range, etc.) Also perfect parry charm somewhere in there and probably soak enhancer too. Maybe even parry enhancement

Tongue of Jade
Speak any language while essence is committed

Short charm tree from this one improves it, eventualy making it permanent, and maybe some telepathy

A tree of Dodge MDV enhancing charms, marbe with some temporary willpower regenerators or something.

Raazan
2014-10-20, 07:51 PM
This Space reserved in case I need more room for the charms