PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Teleporting beings far away to me?

Yael
2014-10-20, 08:49 PM
As Teleport do Teleport you some place you know or have heard of (provide you have enough information), isn't there a spell or way to Teleport distant beings to your side? Kinda the Regroup Spell, but with a higher level and idk, maybe requiring a Save? Like scrying it and teleporting it to you.

Krobar
2014-10-20, 09:02 PM
Wish will do it.

Seclora
2014-10-20, 11:59 PM
Wish will do it.

This, Miracle, and Reality Revision(psionic wish) are the only spells(powers) I know of with this ability. It wouldn't be unreasonable to homebrew such a spell.

Theoretically, such a spell would be conjuration[calling] rather than conjuration[teleport]. Roughly speaking, planar ally and planar binding do what you want, but I don't believe the phrasing is sufficiently open-ended to allow it by RAW.

Phelix-Mu
2014-10-21, 12:41 AM
By RAW, the caster of gate may call any creature to their side, provided they call from a plane other than the target's home plane. This is because there is no cohesive reading of "unique" in 3.5; either it's so narrow that it includes almost no one (allowing everyone to be called), or it's so broad that it includes almost everyone (meaning the calling is all but useless). And because every creature is extraplanar everywhere but their home plane (that's how that subtype works).

Of course, it costs experience, so not a very good way to get back together with allies, but it is an option.