PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Mind Control Bugs Template

JamesIntrocaso
2014-10-21, 08:27 AM
I created a template for bugs which crawl into people's ears and control their minds by attaching to their brains. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

http://worldbuilderblog.me/2014/10/21/mystauk-template/

Coranho
2014-10-21, 08:42 AM
It looks good from what I read (the nasty little bug itself could make for interesting higher CR encounters or group-assaults, I like that they have telepathy with other hosts).

I believe that anyone within five feet of a flying Mystauk should receive an automatic perception check to attempt to notice the buzzing of their wings; and that crawling into a host's ear provokes an AoO (naturally only if the potential host is aware).

Poor Chekov though.

JamesIntrocaso
2014-10-21, 08:43 AM
It looks good from what I read (the nasty little bug itself could make for interesting higher CR encounters or group-assaults, I like that they have telepathy with other hosts).

I believe that anyone within five feet of a flying Mystauk should receive an automatic perception check to attempt to notice the buzzing of their wings; and that crawling into a host's ear provokes an AoO (naturally only if the potential host is aware).

Poor Chekov though.

Not a bad idea on the AoO. Gives another chance for a person to avoid having their mind taken over.